What features would you like to see in a Resident Evil 2 remake?

#1GreatJallopiPosted 12/29/2012 4:27:26 PM
Given the topic yesterday, which later became accepted as a separate non-RE2 idea, I was thinking about what kind of added content could make an RE2 remake as good as the first remake.

Updated mechanics: I would imagine that it would use the defense items from REmake, and, as with REmake, put the quick-turn feature into play. In addition, I'd like to see the dodge mechanic from RE3 to return.

New areas: I'm not sure for the most part about new areas, but I think it would be cool to borrow the shooting range from 1.5.

New enemies: I think having different zombie types (i.e. fat zombies) as in 1.5 would be cool, as well as 1.5's more zombies on screen at once. I would also like to see the Spider Chimera from 1.5's concept art.

New boss fight: 1.5 had Annette Birkin mutating at some point. Perhaps this could be implemented somehow from the moment where William attacks her.

New subplot: In 1.5 Leon found an injured officer named Roy, who was supposed to play a big role in the plot, in the intereogation room. Maybe this could return.

Nods / cameos: Mentions of Kevin Ryman and the other officers present in Outbreak File #2's "Desperate Times". Corpses of Hunter R's from Outbreak's "Below Freezing Point", as well as Monica's human corpse, the hole in the train platform, and the corpse of the Monica G-Mutant on the platform.

What do you guys think?
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#2Morrigan12Posted 12/29/2012 4:39:03 PM
Random mr X?
#3GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 4:41:16 PM
Morrigan12 posted...
Random mr X?

Like with Nemesis in 3? That could be interesting. Maybe have it so that the 'A' character sees Mr. X at least once too (that always bothered me in the original release).
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#4Final720Posted 12/29/2012 5:45:14 PM(edited)
I would like to see what ada up to when she not with leon and also maybe some new weapons
---
sorry if anything is misspelled and thanks in advance
506912576090 trainer name Chris pokemon Pearl -http://www.webjam.com/pokemon_masters_union/--
#5blutoblutarskyXPosted 12/29/2012 9:16:48 PM
Cut Leon from the game.

More outfits for Claire.

1- camo fatigues
2- code Veronica gear
3- tribal gear
4- chicken suit
#6deadpool_legendPosted 12/30/2012 1:10:44 AM
Keep the puzzles and everything intact but make it control like recent entries. Or at the very least, lose the tank controls and let pushing left mean your character going left, not turning around in a circle.

Honestly, I'd buy the game in a heartbeat if it played like Revelations.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#7GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 5:37:35 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
Keep the puzzles and everything intact but make it control like recent entries. Or at the very least, lose the tank controls and let pushing left mean your character going left, not turning around in a circle.

They'd have to adjust enemy strength and defense if they were to use new gameplay. Also, they might have to disable melee / knife attacks unless equipped with the knife.
---
#8deadpool_legendPosted 12/31/2012 2:43:36 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
deadpool_legend posted...

They'd have to adjust enemy strength and defense if they were to use new gameplay. Also, they might have to disable melee / knife attacks unless equipped with the knife.

Is that a bad thing? Isn't that what remakes are supposed to do? Adjust the existing mechanics to make it fit in with modern day standards?
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9roitactPosted 12/31/2012 3:39:57 PM
still sticking to the 2 campaigns from the original

i'd have liked the 2 campaigns to have been a little staggered , just having 1 campaign spend a little longer in the city before getting to the police dept would have made it a little better, at least in my opinion, the idea of being split up but within 2 screens being in the same place and never encountering eachother till you've been in the Dept a while never made sense to me have one spend a little longer in the city and the charactors wont overlap in the same place and this would still allow for the occasional 'random encounters' with the other charactor... also add to this, only one campaign has the gunowner crossbow/shotgun section at the begining

smooth out the graphics, the licker intro is still one of my most memorable moments in the game, thinking of that with current gen capabilities makes me feel all funny in my unmentionables.

i'd have it play more like 4 than the most recent, it's not as polished as 5 was, not as expanded as 6's controls..., 4 was a nice move on from tank controls, i think the amount of things you can do in 6, duck and cover, slide, ammo type quickchange etc..., takes away some of the 'panic' that was bought about on the first few games, which was because the controls were so limited and lets be honest here clunkly and a little akward at times. i also preferred 4's attache case for item storage, this would also allow for a higher number of zombies on screen, if they wanted to do it without a complete overhaul one thing MUST be added apart from smoothing out the tank controls, strafing, for the love of god let me strafe, i dont want to waste time waiting for an enemy to come round a corner because i know if i go round it and then try to turn to shoot them i will get hit, let me strafe past the corner and fire as i do it.

as for extra content, i'd like to see more of ada, before she met leon, and after she disappeared, maybe as an additional unlockable campaign this would allow for the additional bosses TC has mentioned, without them being forced into and interrupting the campaigns as they are now,

also because i miss the sound of his voice include one man.....

HELLO STRANGER

in fact screw all those ideas, i just want him back
---
Ich habe nur zwei Fingernagel auf meiner linken Hand... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---
#10NekoSlavePosted 12/31/2012 4:52:23 PM
Yes, more outfits definitely. I loved parts of 2 over 3 because of the variety in enemies and bosses. 3 had "Oh look, Nemesis... again... how many times did I beat that guy now?" My understanding is that it's the same guy, not several different "Nemesis Class" monsters you fight in a row. And there was nothing besides that.

I'd also love some new characters, as unlikely as that is. Not fully voiced or anything, just some new skins/models to play through in place of the ones there are now. Maybe zombie versions of the characters or something as a joke. Playboy Bunny Rebecca or something.
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.