Catwalk run HAOS Boss Spoilers

#1backtrollerPosted 1/1/2013 3:45:06 PM
I'm starting to understand why people are hating this game.

Between the car chase with Ada and this <bleeping> run, I'm about ready to throw the towel in on this game.

After I slide under the barricade, I mash the action button as soon as possible to get up over the next hurdle. I'm keeping pace with Piers and the Haos still destroys the platform.

How do you get past this part????
#2DragonKnight387Posted 1/1/2013 3:49:40 PM
backtroller posted...
I'm starting to understand why people are hating this game.

Between the car chase with Ada and this <bleeping> run, I'm about ready to throw the towel in on this game.

After I slide under the barricade, I mash the action button as soon as possible to get up over the next hurdle. I'm keeping pace with Piers and the Haos still destroys the platform.

How do you get past this part????

Well, you can hold down A for sprinting and the character will automatically leap over hurdles.

Or do you mean when you have to help your partner up the next platform? At that point, there really isn't that much advice other than try to be as close to your partner for the B button prompt to appear and don't move so that you can press B again.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
The Last Story: 2108-6326-5464.
#3backtroller(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 3:53:33 PM
No, after you shoot Haos the first time, you have to hurdle an obstacle, then run up the ramp, then slide under an obstacle, then climb up two sections. On the second section, no matter how close to Piers I am, Haos knocks the support out from underneath me.

THIS is where I am getting stuck at. How do I get past this?
#4RE2LeonSPosted 1/1/2013 4:58:37 PM
No joke, this game owes me a new controller. My A button hasn't worked right ever since, it sticks like crazy now.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#5backtroller(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 9:38:08 PM
Damn, after 43 deaths, I finally figured it out.

As soon as you hit the LT to start the slide, LET GO. DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN.

Just click it once and that will put you in position to make it through the cat walk.

Seriously, whomever thought of up the car chase and this part really needs to <bleep> slapped!
#6DegalonPosted 1/2/2013 8:49:46 AM
I don't understand why people are having such a hard time.

Neither the car chase, nor that part gave me much trouble. I mean, i died a couple times on the bioreaper part because I thought I was supposed to fight it, not knowing i was supposed to climb lol.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#7sidebeardPosted 1/2/2013 9:01:59 AM
Timing the slide is tricky on professional, but, if you muck it up (and you can trust that you have unless it's absolutely seamless) just restart the checkpoint, costs time but saves dying (i.e. you can still get that 'S').
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#8paranoidxePosted 1/3/2013 2:30:27 AM
Definitely was the most frustrating of the game for me (that and the helicopter on harder difficulties)..the first time was a pain I probably died 30 times.

Now I can breeze through it with relative ease, the change in camera angles is what drives me crazy.
#9NekoSlavePosted 1/5/2013 12:53:24 PM
I hear you. We just did that last night, and it was a royal pain. As Piers, Chris (my friend) would outrun me every time. I'd watch him hop up to the ledges and continue, while Piers would have to struggle to pull himself up. I always lost distance. Died at that exact spot maybe three or four times before it finally went through. Very tricky.

The later part is hard too, as Piers can no longer slide. He must crawl slowly under obstacles, while Chris had no problem. Bah!

Oh, and car chase... GRRRRRRRRRRRR
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.
#10NekoSlavePosted 1/5/2013 1:01:33 PM
Might as well post this here rather than make a new topic:

That boss, HAOS, is Neo-Deborah, right?

Which would make the other one... um, Neo-Helena.

o_o
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.