Are people still playing this awful game?

#21HarleenzPosted 1/4/2013 3:25:57 PM
Yes....yes we are TC.
---
GT: Harleenz
#22kaeichiPosted 1/4/2013 6:11:15 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=111 sums it up.
---
http://g4tv.com/videos/21057/Sesslers-Soapbox-Review-to-a-Kill/
#23roitactPosted 1/4/2013 7:13:28 PM
i'd be interested in hearing why tc doesnt like the game, compared to other 3rd person action/shooters its better than most, offers more controls/actions than most, the gears series is likely the most well known 3rd person action/shooting game around and in terms of controls its much better than that, gears controls are pretty polished but they are very minimal it doesnt allow you to do as much as others of the genre and certainly not as much as res6,

its a pretty awesome looking game, well designed charactors and environments, decent environments in general towns and labs look as you'd expect, story isnt that bad, its not as compelling as other res evil games but considering you've got 4 campaigns to go through each with different plots which, interweave with eachother, if there was only one campaign they'd certainly have been able to flesh it out more but considering 4 campaigns its not as bad as some people say, though i will admit its quite linear, but even saying that, so were 4 and 5 so thats nothing new

its got enough content to keep people playing, people are still playing, and they're still releasing more content, 4 campaigns, 7 people to play as, i'm currently finishing off ada campaign, then i'm going to go through the game again as helena, piers, and sherry, i havent even started on survival, mercs agent hunt, re.net challenges etc yet

these offer those that have finished the campaigns or have had enough of them for a while, something different to do

so its not the same as res evil of old, get over it, most are over a decade old, things change, stop comparing it to tank controlled single player games, with each new game to the series they polished and added to the controls even when theywere still tank controls, a lot of the changes they've had to make are because of the plot in the series, i've said it before somewhere if the enemy gets faster, more intelligent, the player has to get faster/ be able to do more, this is particularly true in res evils case, where clumsy awkwards tank controls would have been useless in the games as they are now, co-op and multiplayer are pretty much standard in todays games and if a games released where it doesnt have any of this, theres more often than not an uproar about it not being in, so guess what they've had to add partners to make this doable

most of the complaints are from people saying its not like the old res evils, ignore the old res evils, you have to compare it to other games of the same genre, theres few if any that offer as much as res evil 6 in terms of story, controls, graphics, replayability, content, extra game modes, etc. etc. etc. when you include all these res evil 6 outshines other games of the same genre....

the games not horror enough for you, lets compare it to dead space, environments are completely different, isolated areas are where res evil started. not where they ended.
, whichever way you look at it the controls play a huge factor in how the game 'feels', limit your actions and you'll increase players tension, if res 6 had DS controls you'd certainly have more of a panic feeling while playing and surrounded by the undead/bows whichever you want to call them, but DS enemies are mindless creatures that dont mutate, dont have access to machine guns, sniper rifles, explosives and rocket launchers, this is why they added the cover and dodge features in res6, unfortunately as you add these it quickens the pace and makes the game more action oriented, this is a necessity they had to make due to the plot and constant evolution of the enemies... this is why its pointless to compare 6 to others such as 1 2 and 3

its a great game whichever way you look at it,,, maybe not a great RESIDENT EVIL game, but a great game regardless...strip away the title and its much better than other games of its kind, if you dont like it, it may be more that you dont like that particular genre,
---
Ich habe nur zwei Fingernagel auf meiner linken Hand... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---
#24DegalonPosted 1/5/2013 12:02:24 AM
I play it because its better than most other games out there right now.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#25Crimsin_GibletPosted 1/5/2013 11:17:45 PM
Quote:Dave_Gahan posted...
A FRIEND

We're happy for you.

---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10
#26blazinapplePosted 1/6/2013 3:34:55 AM
im actually amazed ppl are playing this turdfest of a game still too.... charging ppl for xtra modes, lame main story (worst in series, besides ORC which holds crown).

i come around to see if anything improved, but it seems to get worse & worse. new dlc comes out & trying to charge me money for modes that should be in the game already... THIS AINT RE5!

only redeeming thing in this game is MERCS.... hence why the price dropped to like 40 in a month & it disappeared off the top ten boards (gamefaqs) in the same time.... truly a piece o ****

CLASSIC GARBAGE

oh yes i will post neg. remarks on a game that eats more cow plunkers then eco the dolphin.

so deal with it......freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
vote for pedro
#27Infectedglore2Posted 1/6/2013 6:40:03 AM
blazinapple posted...
im actually amazed ppl are playing this turdfest of a game still too.... charging ppl for xtra modes, lame main story (worst in series, besides ORC which holds crown).

i come around to see if anything improved, but it seems to get worse & worse. new dlc comes out & trying to charge me money for modes that should be in the game already... THIS AINT RE5!

only redeeming thing in this game is MERCS.... hence why the price dropped to like 40 in a month & it disappeared off the top ten boards (gamefaqs) in the same time.... truly a piece o ****

CLASSIC GARBAGE

oh yes i will post neg. remarks on a game that eats more cow plunkers then eco the dolphin.

Nobody cares about your garbage opinion, troll. And lol, try the the PS3 board, number 4 messageboard. Nobody cares about the Xbox version, RE is PS born.
#28SolidStryderPosted 1/6/2013 7:08:43 AM
Infectedglore2 posted...
blazinapple posted...

CLASSIC GARBAGE

Nobody cares about your garbage opinion, troll. And lol, try the the PS3 board, number 4 messageboard. Nobody cares about the Xbox version, RE is PS born.

Come on man, leave him alone. This was the game he asked his mom to get him for Christmas, now he's gotta wait another year for something new lol
#29Infectedglore2Posted 1/6/2013 8:35:50 AM
SolidStryder posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
blazinapple posted...

CLASSIC GARBAGE

Come on man, leave him alone. This was the game he asked his mom to get him for Christmas, now he's gotta wait another year for something new lol

LOL XD Probably mad because he sucks and couldn't get past the running part in the tutorial.
#30ShadowlinkexPosted 1/6/2013 12:07:20 PM
blazinapple posted...

CLASSIC GARBAGE

You know what I'm wondering? Why are you still in this board? Gtfo and go to a board of a game you'd like, ******* :)