Is there an alternate way to unlock people in Mercs? My buddy got Piers...

#1JumpstyIePosted 1/4/2013 9:40:27 PM
even though he doesn't have the map Steel Beast. any idea what's up? hasn't played Chris' campaign, either.
---
Mikulekee - what's going on
Korra is my waifu. http://i.imgur.com/ncUxV.gif
#2SolidStryderPosted 1/4/2013 9:53:24 PM
You can buy their EX2 costume on re.net if you have the points. I got Ada that way before even starting her campaign that way.
#3RineN1Posted 1/4/2013 9:59:42 PM
Split Screen Mercs
Or RE.net if it is an Alt. Costume
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: Dead Space 3(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Borderlands 2(360) Watching: Mirai Nikki
#4RadiantViperPosted 1/4/2013 10:05:21 PM
I unlocked almost all the characters/alt costumes playing the DLC modes. I couldn't see any pattern, it just gave them to me randomly, one time I lost a match and got one.
---
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collectibles Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/faqs/60378
#5lockhart86Posted 1/10/2013 3:57:51 AM
SolidStryder posted...
You can buy their EX2 costume on re.net if you have the points. I got Ada that way before even starting her campaign that way.

I should have realized this, but for some reason, I assumed I'd have to unlock them normally first. Any suggestions on what EX2 to buy? I got Chris' and can almost afford one more.
---
Currently playing ~ Mass Effect
#6DrakoVongola1Posted 1/10/2013 4:11:12 AM(edited)
SolidStryder posted...

Ada's wasn't even available to me until I unlocked her campaign.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#7KFrosty3Posted 1/10/2013 8:01:38 AM(edited)
I haven't unlocked mining depths, but I got Sherry Ex2 from the method used above. I would recommend Piers or Sherry (or if possible, Ada) just because they are the ones most likely to be unavailable to you when you start playing mercs/extra content.

Also, does anyone have the link to Ada's Ex2? I can't seem to get to it on the site.

Edit: Seeing as how I dont have Jake's campaign beat, and seeing as how that was part of the original way to unlock Ada, does that mean I have to beat Jake's (along with Chris and Leon) first?
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#8TVthePunisherPosted 1/10/2013 3:42:41 PM
RadiantViper posted...
I unlocked almost all the characters/alt costumes playing the DLC modes. I couldn't see any pattern, it just gave them to me randomly, one time I lost a match and got one.

Same. I was playing Onslaught and Survivors, randomly unlocking about 4 or 5 extra EX1 outfits match after match...regardless of score.
---
"ADAAAA!!" "LUIIIIISS!!" "MIIIIIKEEEEE!!!" "CHRAAAASSSSS!!'' "PIEEEERSS!!"..screaming names in RE since 1998.