Should i listen to the reviews???/

#1bighat1984Posted 1/5/2013 9:41:30 AM
I watched some gameplay footage of this on youtube and it looks awesome.....is it good and the reviewers dont know what they're talking bout?
#2RineN1Posted 1/5/2013 9:48:09 AM
This kind of topic is troll bait so imma be quick
Most of the reviews are pretty bad, but most of the people here (Including me) like this a game
I recommend you renting it and see if you like it :D
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: Dead Space 3(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Borderlands 2(360) Watching: Mirai Nikki
#3coomobilePosted 1/5/2013 9:59:38 AM
I agree, try it out first, I bought the game after reading ALL the reviews and I admit this game is not perfect, but if it fits your taste, it'll be no problem, it has a little bit of everything mixed in. Pretty high octane at times. :D
#4NekoSlavePosted 1/5/2013 10:02:08 AM
Yeah: game is awesome; fans don't know what they want; "Boo action and not horror."

A great game is a great game. If it wasn't a RE title game it would have scored better.

For survival horror play Haunting Ground.
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.
#5sidebeardPosted 1/5/2013 10:12:00 AM
9/10 from me, takes a couple of goes to get used to the controls but from then it's superb. Replay value in Mercs is incredible too.

The options for aiming and the camera are exhaustive so you'll find something that suits you if you have a play around. :)
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#6zenandiPosted 1/5/2013 10:42:56 AM
Reviews are judging it as something its not.

It's not a TPS. It's a mercenaries game with a campaign mode. If you can live with that, you're going to be fine.
#7paranoidxePosted 1/5/2013 11:20:05 AM
Reviewers look at games different than we do, they are more technical. They don't base it on one factor alone (for me fun factor and story are the two most important aspects of the game).

The story is sub-par for a resident evil game but its OK. The fun factor is definitely a 10 for me, I really enjoyed (enjoy) playing this game. I think the majority of reviewers are basing it off of survival horror angle that Resident Evil used to have instead of basing it as a game all by itself.

All in all I would definitely recommend it and there is PLENTY of REPLAY value if you try to capture all the achievements, medals and S rankings.
#8roitactPosted 1/5/2013 12:19:28 PM
rent before you buy

if youve played 4 and 5 and liked them you'll definately like it as the gameplay just builds on their foundations, if you played any games in the series pre4 and are looking for more of the same you wont find it here, all you'll find are some familiar charactors...

as others have said theres lots of replay value,, not a great res evil game, but a great game in its own right
---
Ich habe nur zwei Fingernagel auf meiner linken Hand... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---
#9SolidStryderPosted 1/5/2013 12:23:45 PM
roitact posted...
rent before you buy

if youve played 4 and 5 and liked them you'll definately like it as the gameplay just builds on their foundations, if you played any games in the series pre4 and are looking for more of the same you wont find it here, all you'll find are some familiar charactors...

as others have said theres lots of replay value,, not a great res evil game, but a great game in its own right

Pretty much this. It's basically improved on RE4 and 5 in every single way, but the RE feel left the series a long time ago. I was a bit turned off by the reviews but ended up picking it up on launch day. I ended up selling a few of the games I picked up last year, this wasn't one of them. I enjoy it quite a bit.
#10ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 1/5/2013 12:53:02 PM
As others have said, you should rent it before buying it.

I do can tell you that RE6 is more of a survival action game like RE5. In case you are looking for one such game, you might also be interested in RE:ORC.

If instead you are looking for an old school survival horror RE game, you should look for RE:Revelations. Even if you don't have a 3DS there are already many hints that the game will soon be ported to PS3 and Xbox 360.