Should i listen to the reviews???/

#21Ertrick36Posted 1/6/2013 10:20:40 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
I looked at this topic, and here's my immediate response: no...

If you couldn't tell from reading it, my answer is in response to the question "Should I listen to the reviews?", not "Should I buy Resident Evil 6?", an apparently made up question by the people posting here.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#22otakon2006Posted 1/7/2013 12:04:57 AM
I played through about 4 hours or so. Having beat Resident Evil 4 and 5 multiple times and on all the hardest difficulties, I thought a 'Normal' run wouldn't surprise me or be particularly hard. I was wrong, the game thinks itself a third person shooter but gives out ammo like it's an actual survival horror game. The cover is busted and enemies are bullet sponges for the most part. It should NOT every last round of ammunition I meticulously tried to save to down a Fat Zombie, that's just ridiculous. If you played and enjoyed RE 4 and 5, don't get this. It's like them in looks alone, it has none of the charm or fun those titles had.
#23MlCKHEADPosted 1/7/2013 4:06:25 AM
otakon2006 posted...
I played through about 4 hours or so. Having beat Resident Evil 4 and 5 multiple times and on all the hardest difficulties, I thought a 'Normal' run wouldn't surprise me or be particularly hard. I was wrong, the game thinks itself a third person shooter but gives out ammo like it's an actual survival horror game. The cover is busted and enemies are bullet sponges for the most part. It should NOT every last round of ammunition I meticulously tried to save to down a Fat Zombie, that's just ridiculous. If you played and enjoyed RE 4 and 5, don't get this. It's like them in looks alone, it has none of the charm or fun those titles had.

You can melee as long as you have stamina, you don't even have to stun them anymore. And get the item drop perk ffs.
---
GT: MlCKHEAD (the 'I' is actually an 'L')
#24foodeater4Posted 1/7/2013 12:59:13 PM
I just got it about a week ago, so far I played through 2 campaigns. I'm absoluetly loving it now, but I'll admit it was a bit of a rocky start. I would probably start with Leons campaign instead of Chris is I could go back, but after replaying RE5 before this I just wanted to conitnue with Chris to see what happens next with him.

If your not expecting a surival horror game then i don't really see the issues with this game. I wasn't expecting them to go back to RE1-3. Its a fun shooter against zombie and crazy bosses. But its not 100% shooter, you still gotta be careful with ammo and if your trying not to die a lot managing your health is tough too. I like it alot.
#25LSKTHEKINGPosted 1/7/2013 2:50:56 PM
You should test by yourself. You just cant go with what people say about things. Except, maybe, radical things, such as jumping from a building and so...

/thread
#26Infectedglore2Posted 1/7/2013 7:40:47 PM
foodeater4 posted...
I just got it about a week ago, so far I played through 2 campaigns. I'm absoluetly loving it now, but I'll admit it was a bit of a rocky start. I would probably start with Leons campaign instead of Chris is I could go back, but after replaying RE5 before this I just wanted to conitnue with Chris to see what happens next with him.

If your not expecting a surival horror game then i don't really see the issues with this game. I wasn't expecting them to go back to RE1-3. Its a fun shooter against zombie and crazy bosses. But its not 100% shooter, you still gotta be careful with ammo and if your trying not to die a lot managing your health is tough too. I like it alot.

I'd say starting with Jake is easier.
#27otakon2006Posted 1/8/2013 10:24:06 AM
MlCKHEAD posted...
otakon2006 posted...

You can melee as long as you have stamina, you don't even have to stun them anymore. And get the item drop perk ffs.

I did, and I did get the item drop perk, after about 2 hours of gameplay. It's not a great game, that is all there is to it. Trying to melee in this game is still a pain as you're outnumbered usually and once again, enemies are HP sinks.
#28SolidStryderPosted 1/8/2013 10:32:06 AM
otakon2006 posted...
MlCKHEAD posted...
otakon2006 posted...

I did, and I did get the item drop perk, after about 2 hours of gameplay. It's not a great game, that is all there is to it. Trying to melee in this game is still a pain as you're outnumbered usually and once again, enemies are HP sinks.

Lolwat. You're either a terrible shot or you just have no idea what a head shot is. Tip for the fatty - like any overweight slob running at you like you're blocking the buffet line, aim for the knees.
#29ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 1/8/2013 12:08:39 PM
It also depends on what review you are reading, as you will find reviews that praise the game, or hated it. For example:

-You will find game reviews that will praise RE6, and say that it only has a few minor flaws:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/resident_evil_6/b/xbox360/archive/2012/10/01/incredible-co-op-with-a-few-kinks.aspx

-You'll also find reviews that claim that RE6 is the epitome of what game designers should never do:
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/BenjaminQuintero/20130106/184360/What_Resident_Evil_6_Taught_Me.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GamasutraNews+%28Gamasutra+News%29

I suppose you could try to look on metacritic for reviews of past games you liked and try to find a reviewer that shares your tastes in video games. Once again I recommend for anyone interested to first rent the game before buying it.

Speaking of metacritic, I was amazed to see that the user score for both versions of RE6 is actually lower than their RE:ORC counterpart:

PS3:
ORC - 5.1 (139 ratings)
RE6 - 4.9 (795 ratings)

360:
ORC - 5.0 (252 ratings)
RE6 - 4.7 (984 ratings)

Critics scores do remain more favorable for RE6 though:

PS3:
ORC - 52 (36 ratings)
RE6 - 74 (34 ratings)

360:
ORC - 52 (56 ratings)
RE6 - 67 (71 ratings)

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/resident+evil+operation/results
http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/resident+evil+6/results
#30otakon2006Posted 1/8/2013 8:02:21 PM
SolidStryder posted...
otakon2006 posted...
MlCKHEAD posted...
otakon2006 posted...

Lolwat. You're either a terrible shot or you just have no idea what a head shot is. Tip for the fatty - like any overweight slob running at you like you're blocking the buffet line, aim for the knees.

Yeah I'll admit my aim was shakier in RE6 than in 4 or 5. But then again enemies move a lot faster in this one and there is no laser pointer. For some reason the crosshair never felt right to me in this. As for Fat Zombie, yeah that helps with the one in the apartment, not the one holding the bus back. Literally every round of ammunition I had save like 7 handgun rounds.