Decided to give the game another chance

#11NightHawkPWPosted 1/6/2013 7:37:57 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
NightHawkPW posted...
deadpool_legend posted...
Surprised to hear the love for Chris' Campaign...well not really I guess, everyone has their favorites. Chris' didn't do it for me though, and I've played it twice. Ada's and Jake's are my favorite. Ada's is so fun, I've played it like 5 times.

I haven't gotten to those ones yet. The only thing I hated about Chris' campaign was the end.

Huh, that's weird. Why? I thought the big emotional part you were talking about was the ending? But yeah, a good thing about Chris campaign is how steady it is and it doesn't go off the rails with gameplay change or anything. Although people who just start Chris campaign always get the wrong impression with the team backup members.

they all die off mid chapter 3 making the campaign feel much more alone

Yeah I'm all over the place with what I said there haha. The ending was the emotional part which I loved but I also hated it. I loved how emotional it was but hated that they killed him off if that makes any sense.
---
"I swear, I'm so pissed off at my mom. As soon as she's of age, I'm putting her in a home." ~ Brennan Huff
#12Infectedglore2Posted 1/6/2013 10:27:56 PM
NightHawkPW posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
NightHawkPW posted...
deadpool_legend posted...
Surprised to hear the love for Chris' Campaign...well not really I guess, everyone has their favorites. Chris' didn't do it for me though, and I've played it twice. Ada's and Jake's are my favorite. Ada's is so fun, I've played it like 5 times.

I haven't gotten to those ones yet. The only thing I hated about Chris' campaign was the end.

Huh, that's weird. Why? I thought the big emotional part you were talking about was the ending? But yeah, a good thing about Chris campaign is how steady it is and it doesn't go off the rails with gameplay change or anything. Although people who just start Chris campaign always get the wrong impression with the team backup members.

they all die off mid chapter 3 making the campaign feel much more alone

Yeah I'm all over the place with what I said there haha. The ending was the emotional part which I loved but I also hated it. I loved how emotional it was but hated that they killed him off if that makes any sense.

Oh yeah lol I get you now. I think it was amazing though because the acting was so great and it actually did make me sad. The ending was very heartwarming though, Chris starting the campaign drunk and a dick and ending it a proper captain.
#13foodeater4Posted 1/7/2013 8:55:32 AM
I'm really enjoying the game so far. I've beaten Chris and Leons campaign, started Jakes.

I beat RE5 right before this so once I started, and I decided to go with Chris first, it was quite a shock. The game didnt feel like RE at all. The camera also seemed a bit crazy, but I chalk that more to the first level being in a building in a lot of tight spaces.

Anyways, after a few hours of play and discovering the laser sight I basically got hooked. Really loving the game. I'm looking forward to replaying Chris campaign and see how much better I do on ther first couple levels that I'm really used to the combat system. I do think Chris campaign might be the worst one to start with. There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk with Piers at all till the last couple missions, and same with story too. Unlike other campaigns the two characters are always chatting with each other.

So far like Leons campaign the best though. I prefer the creepy atmosphere over any other place in the game.

I don't mind RE being more actiony, but I would prefer going forward they at least keep the enviornments more horror and scary like, like the first 3 chapters of Leons Campaign.