I wanted to like this game.

#11railcs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:42:07 AM
SolidStryder posted...
Dave_Gahan posted...
I have 2 friends!

No.

On topic, I Probably died more during Chris' campaign than any other. No clue what your talking about with the QTEs, I figured they must have all been in Jake or Leons campaigns, beat them and really didn't understand all the hate for QTEs, there weren't that many lol. As far as scare factor goes that's been gone since RE4 hit and decided we'd be better off with an abundance of ammo lol. RE6 is basically the previous 2 installations, except with much better gameplay IMO. So glad they got rid of the tank controls lol

I died the least in Chris' campaign overall. Running from the boss was just annoying at best and caused me a few deaths. I died most in Leon's so far. Almost done with Jake's. I included waggling the sticks back and forth in the qte's. That's everywhere. Waggle time!

More annoyances.
- Why is it when a character is by a ledge, predetermined of course, they slip like monkeys on banana peels. (Time to get that waggle on!)
- Why is this game so full of trial and error. An infuriating game mechanic that should have died out by now. Quick, press A to get the parachute. Go, you have 2 secs. Oh, too bad, you died. Well at least you know what happens now. This is horrible game design. And it's Incorporated into the games scoring system. You can die at least once and still get an A rank. Why? Because they know one tiny mess up in these badly designed area's will probably kill you.
- Why is it they seemed to have put more effort and care into making these beautiful set pieces and somehow forgot to make the game fun. (single player)
- Why is there so much boss waggle? Bad enough it's everywhere else but if a boss grabs you you better get your waggle on!

Ugh!
---
Most people don't care about other points of view unless it coincides with their own. Nature of man I assume.~Me
#12Infectedglore2Posted 1/8/2013 2:08:27 AM
railcs posted...
One last thing to throw out there, that to me, seemed bizarre.

On normal difficulty a zombie can grab me and take up to three of the six health cubes I have away. Yet, A J'avo can unload a machine gun into my face and be lucky to take a whole cube away. Does that make any sense to anyone?

If this tells me anything it's that zombies/j'avos shouldn't use guns. I'm bullet proof, not fist proof. <chuckles>

Ur, no offense but you must suck at breaking free then. Are you circling the sticks instead of shaking it? Are you using both sticks? Their bites only take off one damage on normal.

Machine guns are the bane of professional mode
#13railcs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:13:18 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
railcs posted...

On normal difficulty a zombie can grab me and take up to three of the six health cubes I have away. Yet, A J'avo can unload a machine gun into my face and be lucky to take a whole cube away. Does that make any sense to anyone?

If this tells me anything it's that zombies/j'avos shouldn't use guns. I'm bullet proof, not fist proof. <chuckles>

Ur, no offense but you must suck at breaking free then. Are you circling the sticks instead of shaking it? Are you using both sticks? Their bites only take off one damage on normal.

Well, I just finished the game on normal. The only reason I didn't S-Rank most of Ada is my accuracy is off by 3%. So I'd say I've gotten much better at the game as it went along. I'd go back and S-Rank everything but I still Don't like the game. I have to say that Ada hands down, at least for me, had the best campaign. Best story as well. I almost expected them to say Wesker is still alive. <chuckles>

I got my monies worth at least.
---
Most people don't care about other points of view unless it coincides with their own. Nature of man I assume.~Me
#14blazinapplePosted 1/8/2013 7:58:00 PM
i disliked the game because everything i loved in re4 & re5 was stripped and gutted.... but hey, at least they got the combat controls right.... everything else is truly, garbage...

its like playing a polished version of RE: ORCS
---
vote for pedro
#15Infectedglore2Posted 1/8/2013 8:04:35 PM
railcs posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
railcs posted...

Well, I just finished the game on normal. The only reason I didn't S-Rank most of Ada is my accuracy is off by 3%. So I'd say I've gotten much better at the game as it went along. I'd go back and S-Rank everything but I still Don't like the game. I have to say that Ada hands down, at least for me, had the best campaign. Best story as well. I almost expected them to say Wesker is still alive. <chuckles>

I got my monies worth at least.

Did you watch the cutscenes? I always mess up by 3 or so minutes (one time even 15 seconds!) for S rank if I watch all the cutscenes.
#16otakon2006Posted 1/8/2013 8:05:03 PM
- Cheap deaths. Everything in this game hits like two trucks connected to a whale. One zombie grab on normal can take enormous amounts of health even if your fast on the qte. Add to that at least a few inert zombies only activate after a cheap grab which is undodgeable and you get frustration. Some qte's if failed the first time are flat out deaths.

Oh GOD that was so cheap, it eventually got to the point where I said "Screw it" and ran using my A.I. partner as bait. That was just cheap programming and yeah the grabs DO a ton of damage as well. Too much in fact, I mean seriously Leon you can fight a giant eye spider in RE4 and get smacked and chomped at least 3 times before being badly hurt but one zombie grab puts you in the red?
#17SolidStryderPosted 1/8/2013 8:07:02 PM
blazinapple posted...
i disliked the game because everything i loved in re4 & re5 was stripped and gutted.... but hey, at least they got the combat controls right.... everything else is truly, garbage...

You're not even trying now. 4 and 5 were worse versions of this. They completely abandoned the camera scheme and eerie locales, but kept the terrible tank movements and made sure you never ran the risk of running out of ammo. 6 corrected either the laziness or poor judgement that led to RE4s as it is.
#18railcs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:36:12 PM
SolidStryder posted...
blazinapple posted...

You're not even trying now. 4 and 5 were worse versions of this. They completely abandoned the camera scheme and eerie locales, but kept the terrible tank movements and made sure you never ran the risk of running out of ammo. 6 corrected either the laziness or poor judgement that led to RE4s as it is.

I'm going to disagree with you on this. I liked RE:4 so much more than this. It had tension. You felt isolated from the rest of the world. It was the first time the las plagas was used. You were trying not to get caught and you could run out of ammo.

So RE:4...
- better local in my opinion.
- better bosses in my opinion.
- more tension.

Sure RE:6 has better controls. That's it. Don't get me wrong I am happy they completely lost the tank controls. But the tank controls did add tension to the games as well. Also, while you can move with your weapon drawn in RE:6 you can't run while it's drawn so it's not that huge of an improvement. This is hyperbole but I can see RE:7 turning into a COD clone. I know that some people would like that. I personally don't.

On that note did anyone think chris' campaign felt like COD? It really did to me.

Either way you sound like you love RE:6 and that's a good thing. There will be people out there that like the games radical departure from it's roots and will be able to digest the game better in that space. Again that's a good thing.

RE:4 will always hold a special place for me because It was RE at a cross roads. At the same time it kept a good amount of the stuff from previous games. RE:5 to RE:6 has all but abandoned those qualities. They have transformed me into an agent for hire with an arsenal of advanced weaponry. The tension is gone and it saddens me.

Especially after RE: Revelations.
---
#19Devourer2192Posted 1/9/2013 1:44:47 PM
To me the campaigns seemed like they were somewhat similar to their different games. Leon's and Ada's were more like classic RE where your shooting zombies mainly and its not as actiony and theres more puzzles to solve especially in Ada's. Chris's was like extreme RE5 constantly shooting everywhere you go and no it didnt feel like cod at all just because it has more action and 90% of your enemies can shoot back doesnt instantly mean its cod. Jake's I guess is somewhere in the middle. Just how it felt to me.
---
Eye beams are nice hes like >.>===<splosions>
#20railcs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:05:33 PM
Devourer2192 posted...
To me the campaigns seemed like they were somewhat similar to their different games. Leon's and Ada's were more like classic RE where your shooting zombies mainly and its not as actiony and theres more puzzles to solve especially in Ada's. Chris's was like extreme RE5 constantly shooting everywhere you go and no it didnt feel like cod at all just because it has more action and 90% of your enemies can shoot back doesnt instantly mean its cod. Jake's I guess is somewhere in the middle. Just how it felt to me.

It really didn't feel like COD at all to you? Or any other type of fps in that vein? It had military shooter all over it:

- Tons of ammo
- Portion where you follow a transport attacking enemy insurgents.
- Mobs that look like enemy insurgents until they mutate.
- Taking out anti aircraft guns.
- War torn area that looks like a place something like COD would take place in.
- Aircraft carrier

It seemed so out of place and bizarre. Then the game, on his last chapter, does a 180 and we go through a clean, umbrella looking, facility. I literally had a wtf moment.

I mean we can disagree but how can you say there are no similarities? Or that it didn't feel like it at all?
---