I wanted to like this game.

#21Devourer2192Posted 1/9/2013 1:18:36 PM
railcs posted...
Devourer2192 posted...
To me the campaigns seemed like they were somewhat similar to their different games. Leon's and Ada's were more like classic RE where your shooting zombies mainly and its not as actiony and theres more puzzles to solve especially in Ada's. Chris's was like extreme RE5 constantly shooting everywhere you go and no it didnt feel like cod at all just because it has more action and 90% of your enemies can shoot back doesnt instantly mean its cod. Jake's I guess is somewhere in the middle. Just how it felt to me.

It really didn't feel like COD at all to you? Or any other type of fps in that vein? It had military shooter all over it:

- Tons of ammo
- Portion where you follow a transport attacking enemy insurgents.
- Mobs that look like enemy insurgents until they mutate.
- Taking out anti aircraft guns.
- War torn area that looks like a place something like COD would take place in.
- Aircraft carrier

It seemed so out of place and bizarre. Then the game, on his last chapter, does a 180 and we go through a clean, umbrella looking, facility. I literally had a wtf moment.

I mean we can disagree but how can you say there are no similarities? Or that it didn't feel like it at all?

there might be some similarities but i sed it didnt feel like it which i meant didnt feel like i was playing cod. cod is a fps this is over the shoulder. cod u can only crouch and go prone in this you can do so much more. also both are army games(chris's section) and chris is in the bsaa so theyre bound to be something similar theyre both army/military/whatever. there are tons of games with war torn areas. gears has tons of war torn areas its nothing like cod either. and on the taking out anti aircraft guns you're basically just fighting enemies in different places for a little bit of time while the AI does everything your pretty much just moving around the map. Aircraft carriers are in the game battleship its not like cod either. it seems to me your pretty much basing your whole its like cod opinion on the visuals and places which in chris's area of work are bound to be similar to a game like cod. the gameplay is completely different and therefor did not feel like playing cod at all even with the heightened action which you could just attribute to the mass amount of enemies with guns.
---
Eye beams are nice hes like >.>===<splosions>
#22railcs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:05:31 PM(edited)
Devourer2192 posted...
railcs posted...
Devourer2192 posted...
To me the campaigns seemed like they were somewhat similar to their different games. Leon's and Ada's were more like classic RE where your shooting zombies mainly and its not as actiony and theres more puzzles to solve especially in Ada's. Chris's was like extreme RE5 constantly shooting everywhere you go and no it didnt feel like cod at all just because it has more action and 90% of your enemies can shoot back doesnt instantly mean its cod. Jake's I guess is somewhere in the middle. Just how it felt to me.

It really didn't feel like COD at all to you? Or any other type of fps in that vein? It had military shooter all over it:

- Tons of ammo
- Aircraft carrier

It seemed so out of place and bizarre. Then the game, on his last chapter, does a 180 and we go through a clean, umbrella looking, facility. I literally had a wtf moment.

I mean we can disagree but how can you say there are no similarities? Or that it didn't feel like it at all?

there might be some similarities but i sed it didnt feel like it which i meant didnt feel like i was playing cod. cod is a fps this is over the shoulder. cod u can only crouch and go prone in this you can do so much more. also both are army games(chris's section) and chris is in the bsaa so theyre bound to be something similar theyre both army/military/whatever. there are tons of games with war torn areas. gears has tons of war torn areas its nothing like cod either. and on the taking out anti aircraft guns you're basically just fighting enemies in different places for a little bit of time while the AI does everything your pretty much just moving around the map. Aircraft carriers are in the game battleship its not like cod either. it seems to me your pretty much basing your whole its like cod opinion on the visuals and places which in chris's area of work are bound to be similar to a game like cod. the gameplay is completely different and therefor did not feel like playing cod at all even with the heightened action which you could just attribute to the mass amount of enemies with guns.

Like I said we can agree to disagree.

Even the gameplay, to me ,felt very much like it. I didn't compare it with Gears because that's way more futuristic and would be silly. Though a rifle with a chainsaw on it to shred zombies does sound pretty entertaining. (Someone make that happen)

Comparing it to a board game is silly in its own right. Somewhat showing that your desperate to disprove my thoughts on it's likeness to COD. No need to be completely silly.

Anyway, we appear to be at an impasse.
Good day!
---
Most people don't care about other points of view unless it coincides with their own. Nature of man I assume.~Me
#23NeVaRmoorePosted 1/9/2013 2:14:09 PM
As someone who likes both this game and CoD, I can honestly say they feel nothing at all alike to me.
#24Devourer2192Posted 1/9/2013 2:41:45 PM
railcs posted...
Devourer2192 posted...
railcs posted...
Devourer2192 posted...

- Tons of ammo
- Aircraft carrier

Like I said we can agree to disagree.

Even the gameplay, to me ,felt very much like it. I didn't compare it with Gears because that's way more futuristic and would be silly. Though a rifle with a chainsaw on it to shred zombies does sound pretty entertaining. (Someone make that happen)

Comparing it to a board game is silly in its own right. Somewhat showing that your desperate to disprove my thoughts on it's likeness to COD. No need to be completely silly.

Anyway, we appear to be at an impasse.
Good day!

well i was just comparing the places like you did they both have war torn areas whoopie. and i dont see how 2 games with aircraft carriers make them similar (aside from having said carriers) which is why i said battleship
---
#25Devourer2192Posted 1/9/2013 2:49:15 PM
based on what you said it would only be the same as cod if the environments were too close to tell apart otherwise no. i would only say its similar to cod if for some reason capcom made this fps no hp "cubes" or stamina bar, all we could do is crouch go prone and run and had access to around 15 different guns for each weapon type and could aim down the sights then i would say its similar to cod but its nothing like that so its not
---
#26Dave_GahanPosted 1/9/2013 7:11:45 PM
Devourer2192 posted...

LMFAO, well that definitely doesn't sound like Resident Evil does it?
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#27blazinapplePosted 1/9/2013 8:05:26 PM
1st and foremost RE6 is slightly better then RE: ORC (thats not saying much).

i wanted to like this game too.... they failed on a phenomal lvl...

they took out weapon grinding, treasure hunting, campaign unlockables, misc. notes, modes in previous game (RE5, not ORC), pause unless offline solo, coherent story (unless emblem gathering) and much more for a.... what is it they called it again???? oh yeah a more WESTERN TITLE experience..... so yeah. congrats to the lil kids who love action fests, you won & destroyed a decent series... i guess long live lame COD & GOW
---
vote for pedro
#28ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 1/9/2013 8:16:47 PM
blazinapple posted...

Metacritic's users would disagree with you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/65037510
#29SolidStryderPosted 1/9/2013 10:16:32 PM
Dave_Gahan posted...
Devourer2192 posted...

LMFAO, well that definitely doesn't sound like Resident Evil does it?

LMFAO RE hasn't looked like Resident Evil since 4 launched.
#30Infectedglore2Posted 1/10/2013 4:08:54 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
blazinapple posted...

Metacritic's users would disagree with you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/65037510

You mean the crazy bunch of idiots who have even less intelligence than youtube users and who haven't played the game?