So where is the scare factor in this game?

#1Mountaindew001Posted 1/7/2013 4:39:36 PM
Yes, I am a HUGE fan of the fixed camera system back in RE 1,2, and 3 and yes I believe that adds an enormous amount to the scare factor of a game.

So why cant RE go back to that system with the enhanced graphics and gameplay? I bet you that if they did go back to it, it would out sell RE4,5, and 6 combined.
---
If 2 virgins had sex and they take each others virginity. Wouldnt they still be virgins??? XD
People who liked my sig= 15
#2RadiantViperPosted 1/7/2013 5:00:04 PM
You would definitely lose that bet.
---
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collectibles Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/faqs/60378
#3deadpool_legendPosted 1/7/2013 5:24:36 PM
I wouldn't buy it. Unless they kept the camera but ditched the annoying Metroid style, "Oh you got this item, now go all the way back to use it" puzzles. And for the record, I love Metroid, I just don't think it works well with RE...but it obviously did because we're sitting here at RE6. I just personally don't like those types of puzzles much, nor the tank controls. Actually, I could probably deal with those puzzles if they ditched the tank controls and made the aiming easier.

Actually now that I think about it...I basically just described Revelations...which I loved. So they should just make all games like Revelations. That'd be cool with me, and I'm pretty sure the majority liked that game.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#4SolidStryderPosted 1/7/2013 6:01:59 PM
RadiantViper posted...
You would definitely lose that bet.
#5DegalonPosted 1/7/2013 6:20:10 PM
Unless they made them co-op, like Outbreak, no, the games would suck.

Co-Op and viable controls are what saved Resident Evil, like it or not. The viable controls made it playable, though the turn to "action shooter fighting regular people instead of zombies and monsters" made it lose its scare factor, while Co-Op made it fun again since without the scare factor, its just a generic shooter with clunky controls.

If you want it to be "scary" again, closest you'll get is the RE5 lost in nightmares dlc. And maybe Ada's campaign.

Otherwise, Leon's first chapter, the Carla fight, and the beginning (pre-simmons) section of Chapter 5 are the closest you'll get to it being "scary".
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#6RE2LeonSPosted 1/7/2013 7:56:57 PM
You missed it, it was back when you paid for the game. That was the scare factor, clearly it wasn't that good.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#7JascoDPosted 1/7/2013 8:41:48 PM
If you want a scary game, then get ZombiU. I **** you not!
---
Itchy Tasty!
#8SolidStryderPosted 1/7/2013 9:56:36 PM
RE2LeonS posted...
You missed it, it was back when you paid for the game. That was the scare factor, clearly it wasn't that good.

Yea, 60 dollars is pretty scary when you're on an allowance.
#9deadpool_legendPosted 1/7/2013 10:03:57 PM
JascoD posted...
If you want a scary game, then get ZombiU. I **** you not!

That's debatable. I played that for a few hours, died a few times, and then got bored and stopped playing it completely.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#10RE2LeonSPosted 1/8/2013 11:04:38 AM
SolidStryder posted...
RE2LeonS posted...

Yea, 60 dollars is pretty scary when you're on an allowance.

Not all of us are given the luxury of having rich snobby parents that give us everything like you Mr. Solid. Go back to school or move out, let me know how long you make it.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS