So what needs to be done to make the next Resident Evil great?

#1BrownPackPosted 1/7/2013 5:07:16 PM
I think they need to ditch all these characters and introduce completely new ones. Or at least bring Claire back in. Reason being is that all of the characters in RE6 are all very physically able to take on almost anything, which really eliminates any possible scare factor. A young, new character needs to be reintroduced in that doesn't have much experience. That would definitely make things scarier.

Weaponry needs to be minimalized. A pistol and shotgun need to be the only weapons used for majority of the game. Ammo needs to be rare. An assault rifle is something that should only be acquired near the end of the game. Weapon selection needs to go back to how it was in RE5, with only a few equippable weapons at a time. Inventory space needs to be shrunken down. Maybe a class selection type thing before each mission would be good, so that you really need to think about what loadout you choose.

Co Op can be included, but it needs to be done absolutely right. On top of that, it shouldn't be forced into the story. It should be an alternate mode. there should be many moments when the partners are given the opportunity to split up. Splitting up can either be very advantageous or dangerous depending on the people playing.

Enemies need to be simple. zombies are running dry as fearful enemies in the current state that your characters are; athletic, nimble people. Zombies should only make a return if the character you play as is literally putting up a huge fight to survive.

I think the new enemies should be similar to the ganados in RE4. I haven't been more scared of anything in the recent RE games than DR. Salvador, or the dogs in the hedgemaze. I wouldn't mind a game where actual people are enemies again, but are more fearful in some way.

Game pace needs to be slowed down a LOT. tension and suspense needs to be built up, which is something that never happened in RE5 (except for Lost in Nightmares) or RE6 in its entirety.
#2Final720Posted 1/7/2013 6:29:29 PM
I think your wrong about them ditching everything and i think they should have a story with every character in it and have every weapon in it and make another great story like this one in resident evil 6
---
sorry if anything is misspelled and thanks in advance
506912576090 trainer name Chris pokemon Pearl -http://www.webjam.com/pokemon_masters_union/--
#3NekoSlavePosted 1/7/2013 6:39:31 PM
Sherry's perfect or survival horror type stuff. So's Rebecca. Leave Ada out though; I love Ada but the sass, the snark, the cocky attitude... these are terrible monsters you're fighting, you aren't going to have those reactions unless the situation itself is a joke (which it should not be).

I agree there should be no muscle-bound behemoths with guns coming out everywhere though, unless it's an unlockable type deal where you power through everything after you beat it on Hard or something.

The series does need more playable women though. We've had Jill and Claire plenty till now, yeah they're great, let's see more of the others. I'm a woman myself and am still waiting for a female-lead Splinter Cell. Yeah Stolen was cool but it wasn't the same dammit!
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.
#4BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 7:45:12 PM
Final720 posted...
I think your wrong about them ditching everything and i think they should have a story with every character in it and have every weapon in it and make another great story like this one in resident evil 6

You should at least elaborate. I just think with the characters as they are, I think it's going to be really tough for the game to be scary. The characters in this game are way more experienced to be easily scared.

Every weapon being available makes the game less suspenseful, as you would be ready for every single encounter. With a limited weapon selection, it would make things a lot more interesting because you truly need to work with what you have.

NekoSlave posted...
Sherry's perfect or survival horror type stuff. So's Rebecca. Leave Ada out though; I love Ada but the sass, the snark, the cocky attitude... these are terrible monsters you're fighting, you aren't going to have those reactions unless the situation itself is a joke (which it should not be).

I agree there should be no muscle-bound behemoths with guns coming out everywhere though, unless it's an unlockable type deal where you power through everything after you beat it on Hard or something.

The series does need more playable women though. We've had Jill and Claire plenty till now, yeah they're great, let's see more of the others. I'm a woman myself and am still waiting for a female-lead Splinter Cell. Yeah Stolen was cool but it wasn't the same dammit!

Sherry would be fine. She's pretty young, naive, and not as experienced as everyone else, even Helena.

I would love to see the series go back to a very bare-bones type of thing.
#5RE2LeonSPosted 1/7/2013 7:49:56 PM
Final720 posted...

Doesn't know when to use "your" vs. "you're" and thinks RE6 had a great story....boy I sure hope you're not our future.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#6JascoDPosted 1/7/2013 8:56:36 PM
So what needs to be done to make the next Resident Evil great?

-Go back and take another look at RE4.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#7BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:00:15 PM
RE2LeonS posted...
Final720 posted...

Doesn't know when to use "your" vs. "you're" and thinks RE6 had a great story....boy I sure hope you're not our future.

He's probably trolling.
#8SolidStryderPosted 1/7/2013 9:53:07 PM(edited)
RE2LeonS posted...
Final720 posted...

I know right, RE had a great story, Jill was the master of unlocking. They should go back to RE-CV formula, those were great examples of story telling that can't be summarized up as

1.) What's going on? Zombies!

2.) Must escape from (insert central location)

3.) Giant monster antagonist

4.) (Cheesy music) It's not over! Now we stop UMBRELLA!

5..) Credits

I also lol'd at the go back and take a look at RE4 reply. It's RE6 with worse controls and more ammo.
#9JascoDPosted 1/7/2013 10:58:49 PM
SolidStryder posted...
RE2LeonS posted...
Final720 posted...

I know right, RE had a great story, Jill was the master of unlocking. They should go back to RE-CV formula, those were great examples of story telling that can't be summarized up as

5..) Credits

I also lol'd at the go back and take a look at RE4 reply. It's RE6 with worse controls and more ammo.

Wow. Im impressed. You really busted a vein thinking when you wrote this.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#10SolidStryderPosted 1/8/2013 12:36:41 AM
JascoD posted...
SolidStryder posted...
RE2LeonS posted...
Final720 posted...

5..) Credits

Wow. Im impressed. You really busted a vein thinking when you wrote this.

Not at all. Some people just have huge learning disabilities, so life is pretty confusing for them.