So what needs to be done to make the next Resident Evil great?

#21sidebeardPosted 1/8/2013 3:05:19 PM
Love RE4-6 but think Capcom should do precisely what no-one thinks they will do and make a survival horror game in the vein of the original game. Low ammo, few enemies but rich in atmosphere &c.
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#22hehe101Posted 1/8/2013 4:58:51 PM
Something different definitely needs to be done, I don't have anything against the current games, I just think they should return to survival horror to freshen up their image and get a good reception again. I do think co-op can stay but it should be a choice (similar to dead space 3), the multi-player should be stand alone survival modes.

The problem is, I don't know how the game play etc , would be survival horror when all the characters have dealt with everything, they know how to fight and aren't scared of zombies etc.
#23shadow_kan0Posted 1/8/2013 5:49:27 PM
To the people who say they want more females. How about a game with Rebecca and Claire teamed up as the leads? C:
---
White Frosty 0003-3206-9583 Do or Die.... or Flirt
3DS Frosty 0387-8776-3890 Yes, I'm a girl. //Joke
#24DegalonPosted 1/9/2013 3:17:09 PM
shadow_kan0 posted...
To the people who say they want more females. How about a game with Rebecca and Claire teamed up as the leads? C:

Or Sherry and Sheva, so we don't need to play as two middle aged women?

Not that i'm against it, its just that we have younger and better options.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#25shadow_kan0Posted 1/9/2013 3:39:30 PM
Except Rebecca was 18, which would make her around the age of Sheva, now. So maybe Rebecca and Sheva then? ;D
---
White Frosty 0003-3206-9583 Do or Die.... or Flirt
3DS Frosty 0387-8776-3890 Yes, I'm a girl. //Joke
#26Dave_GahanPosted 1/9/2013 8:15:11 PM
SolidStryder posted...
You didn't say much of anything, just another failure of a post with absolutely no logic behind it, simply an attack, Leon. A good example of stupidity would be on display if you tried, though.

Storywise, it destroys any of the previous REs. Gameplay does as well. RE4 was the same terrible control scheme without the cheap scares, as well as the first introduction of ammo abundance and encouraging players to lolkill as many things as possible rather than the ammo conservation and selective fighting present in the previous titles. 6 improves on everything 4 created.

Now try again. Do you even lift, bro?

Do people really have terrible opinions like this?
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#27Dave_GahanPosted 1/9/2013 8:15:32 PM
JascoD posted...

-Go back and take another look at RE4.

This.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#28blazinapplePosted 1/9/2013 8:54:18 PM
Dave_Gahan posted...
JascoD posted...

-Go back and take another look at RE4.

This.

yup yup, take a look at RE4, keep RE6 combat controls.... leave out all the useless skills... keep bloody notes/memos/files etc.... treasure hunting, upgrading guns, yellow herbs, campaign unlockable guns/costumes, cut QTE's in half, cut chap. long boss fights in half, no more 7 player char. campaigns, focus on 2-4 chars max (prefer 2), no more pay for game modes, no more beat campaign for mercs.... etc etcccc

basically..... get your **** together capcom status.

the lamest xbox games dont even charge for game modes when released......

frowny face =(
---
vote for pedro
#29SolidStryderPosted 1/9/2013 11:27:24 PM
Dave_Gahan posted...
SolidStryder posted...
You didn't say much of anything, just another failure of a post with absolutely no logic behind it, simply an attack, Leon. A good example of stupidity would be on display if you tried, though.

Storywise, it destroys any of the previous REs. Gameplay does as well. RE4 was the same terrible control scheme without the cheap scares, as well as the first introduction of ammo abundance and encouraging players to lolkill as many things as possible rather than the ammo conservation and selective fighting present in the previous titles. 6 improves on everything 4 created.

Now try again. Do you even lift, bro?

Do people really have terrible opinions like this?

Only one part of what I said was an opinion.

RE4 had the same terrible tank controls.

RE4 had enough ammo available that you'd have to put effort into running out.

The original REs all left you in situations where you could choose to fight most battles or try to avoid them. 4 didn't.

The only debatable point would be story, the only games in contention would be 4 or 5.

Put some effort into trolling, what else do you have to do? Lol
#30DegalonPosted 1/10/2013 12:09:19 AM
shadow_kan0 posted...
Except Rebecca was 18, which would make her around the age of Sheva, now. So maybe Rebecca and Sheva then? ;D

Sheva was like 22 in Re5. Which was only a few years ago. Its been like 16 years since Rebecca was 18.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa