IMO, this is what the game's real flaw is:

#1Nightbird_XPosted 1/10/2013 7:45:08 PM
The enemies have become far-too realistic. Zombies are great and all, but in the old games they were coupled with BOWs, such as Lickers, Hunters, etc. Here, we have J'avo, who are humans that for the most part retain the humanoid characteristic even when transformed (Personally, the only J'avo transformation I like is Noga-Trchanje[?, the one that looks like a spider, encountered in the "save the survivors" mission of Chapter 1-Chris]).

The actual BOWs in this game (Ustanak, Ogroman, Lepotista)are really interesting, but I readily miss the Hunters, Lickers, etc from the old games. Now, I understand story-wise it could be because the virus has developed more and thus has less accidental exposures/failed BOWs, but meh.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#2PoopMasterGoetzPosted 1/10/2013 9:23:28 PM
Too realistic? Yeah, a simple virus radically transforming people in seconds to completely different creatures is "too realistic." Turning into a giant dog with a booger turret, then into a dinosaur, and then into a giant fly is realistic. Okay.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#3siberian142Posted 1/10/2013 11:17:46 PM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
Too realistic? Yeah, a simple virus radically transforming people in seconds to completely different creatures is "too realistic." Turning into a giant dog with a booger turret, then into a dinosaur, and then into a giant fly is realistic. Okay.

He is referring to the generic enemies, like the zombies and J'avo, as being too "realistic". Enemies from many of the other entries came in many shapes and sizes and had unique, fantastical designs, while enemies in this game play it pretty safe. J'avo feel a little boring because they retain a lot of their human characteristics even when they transform (outside of enemies like Napads and Gnezdo), blood shots feel like licker knockoffs, Rasklapanje feel like regenerator knockoffs, etc. His point is that he misses the way BOWs used to be designed and implemented because it was typically you vs the unpredictable hunter instead of you vs the human looking J'avo that slashes or shoots at you with a gun.
#4Nightbird_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:52:27 AM
siberian142 posted...
PoopMasterGoetz posted...

He is referring to the generic enemies, like the zombies and J'avo, as being too "realistic". Enemies from many of the other entries came in many shapes and sizes and had unique, fantastical designs, while enemies in this game play it pretty safe. J'avo feel a little boring because they retain a lot of their human characteristics even when they transform (outside of enemies like Napads and Gnezdo), blood shots feel like licker knockoffs, Rasklapanje feel like regenerator knockoffs, etc. His point is that he misses the way BOWs used to be designed and implemented because it was typically you vs the unpredictable hunter instead of you vs the human looking J'avo that slashes or shoots at you with a gun.

At least someone knows how to read.
---
#5vespa5Posted 1/11/2013 6:32:55 AM
Realistic? I dunno. This is Capcom's rendition of making the RE franchise 'evolve'. I admit, lickers and really slow moving infected 'zombies' or inventory bins (ugh, a la RE2 or Code Veronica X, remember those?) are surely missed. These 'new' infected dudes are quicker, smarter, and always seem to successfully kill anybody on the BSAA who IS wearing a helmet (unlike Chris and Piers who are just way too macho to wear a helmet while 99% of the BSAA on this game are wearing helmets).
#6FPSChrisPosted 1/11/2013 7:43:20 AM
I think it's because the game play has evolved from the slower tank controls to quicker and more fluent movement. I guess Capcom though that the player shouldn't have a huge advantage with slower enemies, and I could understand that. I still can't get over the shooting enemies though, really annoying.
#7Sidewinder1386Posted 1/11/2013 6:17:20 PM
If the enemies still acted the same way from the first RE, then you would have to wonder why these crazy people behind it all haven't advanced anywhere with all these viruses they create. Each new virus essentially improves on the last, leading to more intelligent mutations.
---
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: Sidewinder1386
FFXI Name: Sidewind Server: Phoenix
#8Nightbird_X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:10:24 PM
Sidewinder1386 posted...
If the enemies still acted the same way from the first RE, then you would have to wonder why these crazy people behind it all haven't advanced anywhere with all these viruses they create. Each new virus essentially improves on the last, leading to more intelligent mutations.

Yeah, I totally didn't already say this in my OP.
---
#9DegalonPosted 1/12/2013 3:00:40 AM
What gets me, is that we KNOW that the classic BOWs are still out there, in use. We've seen it, they are still being trafficked on the black market.

We know Hunters are still used, at least as of Revelations.

We know Lickers and EXTREMELY advanced Tyrants (More like Thanatos) are still in use, as of Damnation, or whatever the newest CG film was called.

And Zombies are more and more common, thanks to the lotsaboobsa or whatever its called.

But yeah. I don't buy RE to just fight regular humans, which is why I don't like Chris and Jake's campaigns all that much.

Granted, with zombies, you need the atmosphere, as with Chapter 1, and pre simmons chapter 5.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa