Story Intersection related question

#1TythosPosted 1/11/2013 1:22:11 AM
Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find any info about it.

When I start a game, if I set it so players can't join my game as a partner (ie: Don't Allow) but leave it in Xbox Live mode, can I still take part in Story Intersections?

Reason I'm asking is Story Intersections are the most fun part of the game but when I start up Ada's Campaign, I don't like the idea of the Agent partner she gets if you do co op. It sounds too forced.
#2NekoSlavePosted 1/13/2013 12:34:24 AM
I don't really know how these work.

I left partner set to Don't Allow, and same for Agent Hunt (usually it's on, but took a break from that).

When I got to Leon's Ustanak fight, it said someone joined at the intersection. I was surprised, and sure enough, the Sherry I was briefly paired with (at the bus part) ran around breaking all the boxes, so it must have been a human player. I thought that was really neat. So it didn't allow a partner to join, but if the two of us happened to be at the same spot, in different campaigns, and it put us together for that moment, that's awesome.
---
wut does lava do? -_Scin_cerly_Sry
Lava allows you to briefly swim in it. -Pokemon_Rocker
#3deadpool_legendPosted 1/13/2013 2:16:35 AM
I believe so but I'm not sure. That feature is automatically turned off in Ada's campaign (or rather it used to be) and I participated in story intersections with her because I kept LIVE on...don't know if Ada is just a special case though, she's the only one I ever tried it with.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#4VeedChrisPosted 1/13/2013 6:18:49 AM
Tythos posted...
When I start a game, if I set it so players can't join my game as a partner (ie: Don't Allow) but leave it in Xbox Live mode, can I still take part in Story Intersections?

Yes, players can still join at intersections even if you have partner settings as Don't Allow.
---
________________Call me Vee: A DoR Original________________
You aren't grown up when you think pokemon is childish. ~Mirage312
#5UnfoolishPosted 1/14/2013 11:04:58 AM
It happens, I was playing Leon's Ch2 with the AI and my story intersected with an Ada player.

Ada player was using First Aid Sprays on me when I got hit by Deborah lol