Characters who should return in RE7

#31Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:29:27 PM
Ertrick36 posted...

Lastly, I don't know about the returning to Arklay. It isn't a return to the old story formula (city epidemic, survival, escape, etc.), but it would be difficult to integrate all of the characters into the story unless the virus was released again, and then it would be repeating the city epidemic formula, which could disappoint and bore everyone. Capcom might do something with old school stuff, but they might have to pull some more tricks out of their sleeves.

As for Arklay, not really...the Arklay Mountains were surrounding Raccoon city, so they could easily do it as

1) Lisa Trevor and a few other zombies and BOWs survived due to not being in the city when it was nuked. They were a few miles outside of the city.

2) Dr. Chambers going to collect data/samples from the ruins of the original 2 outbreaks.

3) The surrounding creatures and area could have mutated in a new way, combining the T (from the outbreak) and G (From Lisa) viruses, with the nuclear fallout.

Could be an interesting way to put a new twist on things. Lisa seems to just "absorb" everything, so she could have taken in the nuclear fallout from so far out of town, and been spreading it throughout the arklay mountains like the lepoboobsa.

Now if Billy Coen is STILL hiding out there, not sure what that would say about him or not. Maybe he's a new G-Mutant (thanks to Lisa), mutated and chasing Rebecca because he recognizes her, through the woods

I actually like the sound of that, shame Capcom would never do it.

Hehe. T Virus, G Virus, T+G Virus, T Veronica Virus...and if this were ever made, we'd have...an N-Virus. (Nuclear Virus).
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#32Ertrick36Posted 1/17/2013 4:20:22 PM
Degalon posted...
Ertrick36 posted...

Lastly, I don't know about the returning to Arklay...

As for Arklay, not really...

Since you put it that way... I guess I'd agree with you. You must have put a lot of thought into it (which is lacking for a lot of users [not criticizing anyone here] on GameFAQs). I thought you would just have someone go to the Arklay Mountains, find some samples of the T/G Virus, run into Lisa, and track the virus back to another town. The idea you proposed is a lot better. Fairly original too. I'd like to see if this idea could end up being screwed up by Capcom... though I personally haven't been too disappointed by any of their Resident Evil games, TBH (then again, I've never played RE5, RE6, or ORC, though I've seen gameplay for all of them except RE5).
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#33Ertrick36Posted 1/17/2013 5:03:41 PM(edited)
Degalon posted...

It's likely they won't do it because most companies have learned that following fan advice can lead to disaster. They go by a "no eavesdropping" policy for their fanbases. Capcom has been notorious in the past for listening to their fans, and they try their best to follow through. Sadly, most video game developers think that fans are idiots when it comes to making storyline concepts simply because they've almost always ended in tragedy (when was the last time you heard of a fan's ideas becoming reality and being successful?), and I don't think Christian Svensson is any different (I could be horribly mistaken though). There are pockets of fans, however, that have great ideas in mind that if the developers executed them correctly, they would become great enterprises to invest in. If I were a developer, I would not only read what you said, but inquire about your idea a lot more by asking questions, and consider the pros and cons. I would inquire how you would see it happening, and how you think it should be executed (meaning: be specific about your vision, instead of vague and general).

This time, however, is the time to listen to the fans, and Capcom knows it; that's why they posted that poll on what the fans think Capcom should do next. Smart thinking, on their part. IMO, RE6 was a disaster (not because of the quality [like I said, I never played RE6], but because of launch sales; they made two proposed goals, and neither were reached), and now they are being forced on their hands and knees with the RE franchise. The next big game will make or break the franchise; the franchise can either go out with a big boom, or it might be given a second chance. I will stand with Capcom, even if the game is buggy and the controls are s*** (since when weren't the controls a little goofy?), and even if the story isn't the best, because I want the series to live on. I bet there will be others who will make similar propositions, whether they actually enjoyed RE6 or are like me; the real question is the old RE hipsters. Will they, being pessimistic about the next game, stand with Capcom? Or will they let the series they used to love so much crumble before their very eyes because of their selfishness and pessimism? IMO, if we push Capcom gently and make thoughtful suggestions about RE7, it can work. It's time that all the fans actually put some real thought into this, and make a decision on what they truly want from RE. We've got a big crack in the fanbase, but I believe it can be fixed; they just need to get the materials to cement it back together. Or maybe the fans just need to grow up and out of their unchanging ideals of RE and enjoy something new for a change. Either way, I think that this is a crucial moment in the RE franchise.

Damn, I pulled a lot of pretentious BS out of my sleeves. Why do I even bother typing this stuff? No one will listen to me anyways because they're all too comfortable in their little bubbles to branch out. Next thing I know, I'll become the Prime Minister of Great Britain and fend off bomber and attack planes with words of determination. I almost forgot what this was originally about. We were just talking about proposed ideas for RE7, and I just blabbed off into heartfelt nonsense. Forgive me.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#34SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/17/2013 5:34:55 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
Degalon posted...

It's likely they won't do it because most companies have learned that following fan advice can lead to disaster. They go by a "no eavesdropping" policy for their fanbases. Capcom has been notorious in the past for listening to their fans, and they try their best to follow through. Sadly, most video game developers think that fans are idiots when it comes to making storyline concepts simply because they've almost always ended in tragedy (when was the last time you heard of a fan's ideas becoming reality and being successful?), and I don't think Christian Svensson is any different (I could be horribly mistaken though). There are pockets of fans, however, that have great ideas in mind that if the developers executed them correctly, they would become great enterprises to invest in. If I were a developer, I would not only read what you said, but inquire about your idea a lot more by asking questions, and consider the pros and cons. I would inquire how you would see it happening, and how you think it should be executed (meaning: be specific about your vision, instead of vague and general).

This time, however, is the time to listen to the fans, and Capcom knows it; that's why they posted that poll on what the fans think Capcom should do next. Smart thinking, on their part. IMO, RE6 was a disaster (not because of the quality [like I said, I never played RE6], but because of launch sales; they made two proposed goals, and neither were reached), and now they are being forced on their hands and knees with the RE franchise. The next big game will make or break the franchise; the franchise can either go out with a big boom, or it might be given a second chance. I will stand with Capcom, even if the game is buggy and the controls are s*** (since when weren't the controls a little goofy?), and even if the story isn't the best, because I want the series to live on. I bet there will be others who will make similar propositions, whether they actually enjoyed RE6 or are like me; the real question is the old RE hipsters. Will they, being pessimistic about the next game, stand with Capcom? Or will they let the series they used to love so much crumble before their very eyes because of their selfishness and pessimism? IMO, if we push Capcom gently and make thoughtful suggestions about RE7, it can work. It's time that all the fans actually put some real thought into this, and make a decision on what they truly want from RE. We've got a big crack in the fanbase, but I believe it can be fixed; they just need to get the materials to cement it back together. Or maybe the fans just need to grow up and out of their unchanging ideals of RE and enjoy something new for a change. Either way, I think that this is a crucial moment in the RE franchise.

Damn, I pulled a lot of pretentious BS out of my sleeves. Why do I even bother typing this stuff? No one will listen to me anyways because they're all too comfortable in their little bubbles to branch out. Next thing I know, I'll become the Prime Minister of Great Britain and fend off bomber and attack planes with words of determination. I almost forgot what this was originally about. We were just talking about proposed ideas for RE7, and I just blabbed off into heartfelt nonsense. Forgive me.

you should try RE6
#35DetBeauregardPosted 1/17/2013 8:12:14 PM(edited)
I'd love RE7 to have three or four solo campaigns and no co-op, but the casual kiddies won't allow that to happen. So I'd say...

Chris + Claire
Leon + Sherry
Jill + Parker

I'd kill Jake off in the beginning, because he's whiny and annoying. Barry joins the BSAA and is now the voice of command for Jill's campaign, which is the more tactical scenario. Leon's is more about survival (real horror, though, not RE6-style), and Chris's campaign is a mix of the two (with a Code Veronica flavor).

Degalon posted...
I'll be honest, i'm just imagining that Jake gets turned into a smear on the wall against those three brute things during the final cutscene with the stupid apple.

They try SO hard to make him look cool, but he just comes across as some generic, wannabe goober.

Doesn't help that he looks virtually identical to other "western" style characters.

Amen to this.
#36wingshooter71Posted 1/18/2013 12:08:35 AM
sheva and helena should return in re7 it would probaly be cool if they were partners as well.
#37Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:32:00 AM
wingshooter71 posted...
sheva and helena should return in re7 it would probaly be cool if they were partners as well.

lol. The airhead duo. I can't see them surviving very long without one of the more experienced cast members guiding them along.

Sheva's entire dialogue was to ask REALLY stupid questions, while Helena can't take a hint.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#38Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:33:15 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
I'd love RE7 to have three or four solo campaigns and no co-op, but the casual kiddies won't allow that to happen. So I'd say...

Chris + Claire
Leon + Sherry
Jill + Parker

I'd kill Jake off in the beginning, because he's whiny and annoying. Barry joins the BSAA and is now the voice of command for Jill's campaign, which is the more tactical scenario. Leon's is more about survival (real horror, though, not RE6-style), and Chris's campaign is a mix of the two (with a Code Veronica flavor).

Degalon posted...
I'll be honest, i'm just imagining that Jake gets turned into a smear on the wall against those three brute things during the final cutscene with the stupid apple.

They try SO hard to make him look cool, but he just comes across as some generic, wannabe goober.

Doesn't help that he looks virtually identical to other "western" style characters.

Amen to this.

Gotta ask. Who is Parker?
---
#39Dave_GahanPosted 1/18/2013 3:14:52 PM
Some guy from Revelations.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)