The BEST thing to do to save the RE franchise......

#1DRzCalderonPosted 1/11/2013 5:46:39 PM
Is to kill off all the characters. Seriously.

Capcom should just start over and turn a new leaf to refresh the franchise.

Subjectively speaking, I find it hard to take any of the RE protagonists seriously throughout the last installments. Only Claire is who I consider to be their rebound for the franchise if they develop the next RE around her.
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#2ShadowlinkexPosted 1/11/2013 6:05:52 PM
LOL. You're joking right? The main, old recurring cast is the REASON re is still alive.
#3tdmj0226Posted 1/11/2013 8:33:37 PM
yeah dude, RE 6 was meh, but I had a total fangasm my whole first playthrough do to the things such as leon and chris finally meeting, the whole jake's father thing, seeing sherry for the first time in 14 years.... it's really the only reason im still so interested in the franchise
#4RE2LeonSPosted 1/11/2013 9:24:11 PM
Shadowlinkex posted...
LOL. You're joking right? The main, old recurring cast is the REASON re is still alive.

Sad, but true. If you removed the characters from this game, there's is no possible way you could link this game to any of the previous Resident Evil's. It would be like Halloween 3 is to the rest of the series.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#5shagohad3Posted 1/11/2013 9:31:18 PM
RE2LeonS posted...
Shadowlinkex posted...

Sad, but true. If you removed the characters from this game, there's is no possible way you could link this game to any of the previous Resident Evil's. It would be like Halloween 3 is to the rest of the series.

Halloween 3 was what John Carpenter wanted the series to be, each movie would be set at Halloween but have different stories. Instead he was forced to make Halloween into a Friday the Thirteenth knock off, with each sequel being worse than the last.
---
PSN: shagohad12
If anything SquareEnix should strive to develop games of nine's quality, not seven's-CaseyJonez
#6NekoSlavePosted 1/13/2013 12:28:25 AM
I thought Chris and Leon had met before, between games somewhere.
---
wut does lava do? -_Scin_cerly_Sry
Lava allows you to briefly swim in it. -Pokemon_Rocker
#7C14dogPosted 1/13/2013 12:42:45 AM
NekoSlave posted...

When she was caught by Umbrella in Code Veronica, Claire contacted Leon who contacted Chris. I don't think they ever clarified if the two actually met in person.
---

just because i have a reason for everything i do, doesn't mean i have a reason for everything i do
#8KFrosty3Posted 1/13/2013 6:57:16 AM
C14dog posted...
NekoSlave posted...

When she was caught by Umbrella in Code Veronica, Claire contacted Leon who contacted Chris. I don't think they ever clarified if the two actually met in person.

So Chris and Leon were only pen pals until this point? I find that unlikely.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#9Bizi8888Posted 1/14/2013 1:44:08 AM
I believe they should do a reboot. Have a different company try their hand at the series. Some may think I am stupid to thinking this way but lets think about it. Devil May Cry got a reboot, and Halo also had a reboot, and it turned out great (Not sure about Devil May Cry yet, I guess we have to wait and see) Even Far Cry got a revision and it turned out great. Tomb Raider is even getting one. It seems that Resident Evil doesn't need a spit shine, it might need a full clean up. My idea is for Capcom to give the another company a chance, maybe allow them to remake Resident Evil 2 or even give their own idea for the series, start from fresh. Capcom is a large company, and look more at the money then at the game itself. This is only my opinion though.
#10DegalonPosted 1/14/2013 3:03:27 AM
DRzCalderon posted...
Is to kill off all the characters. Seriously.

Capcom should just start over and turn a new leaf to refresh the franchise.

Subjectively speaking, I find it hard to take any of the RE protagonists seriously throughout the last installments. Only Claire is who I consider to be their rebound for the franchise if they develop the next RE around her.

Is it just me, or does every "do this to save/change/improve Resident evil" all wind up just sounding like "Make Outbreak File 3"?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa