They should put Elza Walker in Resi 7.

#1Damien 5000Posted 1/11/2013 4:59:01 PM
Why not?
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#2shagohad3Posted 1/11/2013 5:06:59 PM
I don't see why not. Some might say there was nothing interesting about her so she got turned into Claire, but I see reason why they can't just reinvent her.
---
PSN: shagohad12
If anything SquareEnix should strive to develop games of nine's quality, not seven's-CaseyJonez
#3RE2LeonSPosted 1/12/2013 1:01:50 PM
She didn't get turn into Clare because there was nothing interesting about her. She got turned into Claire to build a stronger bond between the first and second game since Claire is pretty much the only link between main cast between the two games.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#4Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/12/2013 2:27:11 PM
"Why" is a better question.

as far as I know her "character" had nothing interesting to it more than Claire has - she was pretty much a Claire prototype - and that insisting to bring her back is, to me, reminiscent of the feeling of wanting to dig as deep as possible in an universe you like (RE's in this case) to scrape for every possible bits of leftover "lore", but such an interest in unjustifiable IMO because 1. as I said her "character" has nothing left interesting to explore 2. RE isn't even interesting lore-wise anymore because they're never expanding upon any aspect any more than what your typical action movie would need to to convey a basic storyline, and every mystery that RE creates/has created is crapped on in sequels because of the writing still being of teenager cartoon quality

So I really don't see why, at this point, you'd want to dig for such an uninteresting "leftover" data. If you want more "interesting" characters, don't worry, they'll make more, but why Elza
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#5MMKirbyPosted 1/12/2013 3:30:26 PM
They should... you know, not make a resident evil 7. The franchise is now garbage. It should have ceased at Resident Evil 5.
---
XBL Gamertag Bans: 10
#6NekoSlavePosted 1/12/2013 8:58:36 PM
No. It's a great series, and it should continue.
---
wut does lava do? -_Scin_cerly_Sry
Lava allows you to briefly swim in it. -Pokemon_Rocker
#7sniperfox29Posted 1/13/2013 2:32:24 AM
MMKirby posted...
They should... you know, not make a resident evil 7. The franchise is now garbage. It should have ceased at Resident Evil 5.

No one is forcing you to buy the games, presuming you do, of course, since its entirely possible for you to be complaining about a game you don't play.

Although why you would come to a forum for a game/series you don't like is beyond me.
---
I'm back, and worse than ever.
GT - Sniperfox29
#8Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 5:46:25 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
"Why" is a better question.

as far as I know her "character" had nothing interesting to it more than Claire has - she was pretty much a Claire prototype - and that insisting to bring her back is, to me, reminiscent of the feeling of wanting to dig as deep as possible in an universe you like (RE's in this case) to scrape for every possible bits of leftover "lore", but such an interest in unjustifiable IMO because 1. as I said her "character" has nothing left interesting to explore 2. RE isn't even interesting lore-wise anymore because they're never expanding upon any aspect any more than what your typical action movie would need to to convey a basic storyline, and every mystery that RE creates/has created is crapped on in sequels because of the writing still being of teenager cartoon quality

So I really don't see why, at this point, you'd want to dig for such an uninteresting "leftover" data. If you want more "interesting" characters, don't worry, they'll make more, but why Elza

Mostly because I'd be amused at the reference. And I'd feel like it was a nod from Capcom saying "We didn't forget about the old stuff." To the argument that she's a boring character, so what? Honestly? I thought Sheva was boring and uninspired, yet I keep seeing people in random threads saying "Bring back Sheva for another game." Hell, for 6, Helena could have been Elza. The backstory to Elza can be changed, since there was none. Just, the next random chick they put in a Resident Evil game, make her Elza. Blond ex-biker chick whose background works for the plot.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#9Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/13/2013 8:44:27 PM
It's not exactly that she would be boring, I said there's nothing more to her than there is to Claire. Claire IS the biker chick. Claire IS Elza, all "Elza" would be is a forced name dropping. She isn't a forgotten character to dig up, she is an incomplete packet of data changed to Claire. There must be a total of 20 people who want that prototype "character" to appear.

I dunno how there are still people hung up that hard on the RE universe after RE5 and RE6's shallow writing.
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#10RapidNameChangePosted 1/13/2013 9:31:45 PM
There was nothing wrong with her character design, they just wanted to make her more relatable to the game so the reintroduced her as Claire Redfield. Since they did that, I see not real point in introducing yet another character.

Perhaps it would be better if they made another game with some characters they've been skipping over in the title series like Jill (**** RE5 it doesn't count if it's DLC and **** mercenaries bull crap...), Barry (hasn't really been in a game since RE1 and a friggin cameo doesn't count nor does a non canon gameboy game), Rebecca (not reason to keep her out of the loop), and or Billy.

That being said, they should probably work on actual new material for awhile rather than chucking out cash cow sequels. I know they're not going to be cause what company doesn't like money?
---
Must paint picture with words...
FC: 0819 2487 0821 (plat, Dawn)