Did they patch the game where you don't have to do QTEs yet?

#11ICEman MorgsPosted 1/18/2013 8:40:20 PM
They're still in cut scenes from my experience, although there are different "levels" of cutscenes, (you know, walk a few steps then you get an in-engine vid, open a door as soon as that finishes, you get an FMV). So maybe on higher difficulties there are stupid amounts of QTEs. I suppose I should give it a go!
---
ICEman Morgs' Ignore list: Making GameFAQs a better place.
GT: Morgneto
#12DetBeauregardPosted 1/19/2013 9:40:08 AM
It doesn't remove the stick waggle or button pressing animations or anything, but rather completes them for you. An example is the parachute QTE at the end of Jake's first chapter; on Amateur, you press nothing and it will flash red like you didn't complete it (which would normally kill you), but it plays out like you did it correctly.

And to whomever said that QTE assist will only be for the cutscene QTEs, I think you're right. If an Ogroman grabs you, for example, you'll still have to waggle free.
#13ICEman MorgsPosted 1/19/2013 4:55:16 PM
Oh! Right, me and my gf have just been doing all the QTEs anyway because they come up. Certainly things like shooting the guy in the helicopter don't seem to be automatic as we missed that one at least once.
---
ICEman Morgs' Ignore list: Making GameFAQs a better place.
GT: Morgneto