Who is your most hated playable character in the campaign?

#31Mr StickPosted 1/22/2013 4:10:31 PM
Piers is the character I hate the most overall.
Helena is the character I hate the most in the story.
Jake is the character with the douchiest face (but all 3 of these guys have douchey faces).

Sherry was my favorite character overall.
Ada and Leon are close 2nd.
Chris is my least favorite of the classic characters, but I liked him being an ass since it was out of character.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#32Radiant_Ximoka_Posted 1/22/2013 4:38:03 PM
jpv2000 posted...
RadiantViper posted...
I actually don't hate any of the characters, but my least favourite is Jake. I feel he has potential though.

Exactly my feelings. By the end of his campaign I was thinking, yeah this guy has a chance to make himself into something. He is my least favorite but, as you said, I don't really dislike any of the characters.

I definitely agree with both of these guys. Though my main gripe lies with Chris having PTSD? Definitely didn't take him for a drunkard after all he has been through.
---
GT - Radiant Ximoka
PSN - Radiant_Ximoka_
#33SolidStryderPosted 1/22/2013 5:00:09 PM
Radiant_Ximoka_ posted...
jpv2000 posted...
RadiantViper posted...
I actually don't hate any of the characters, but my least favourite is Jake. I feel he has potential though.

Exactly my feelings. By the end of his campaign I was thinking, yeah this guy has a chance to make himself into something. He is my least favorite but, as you said, I don't really dislike any of the characters.

I definitely agree with both of these guys. Though my main gripe lies with Chris having PTSD? Definitely didn't take him for a drunkard after all he has been through.

To be fair, alcohol abuse isn't very uncommon when your line of work has you in traumatic situations. Given the amnesia from the concussion and obvious survivors guilt, it didn't seem too far out to me. I agree with you three on Jake. Probably my least favorite, but I don't hate him. He's got some huge shoes to fill being the son of Wesker, but he grew on me as the campaign went on.
#34JCusterPosted 1/22/2013 5:53:58 PM
I'd have to say Sherry, followed by Helena. I didn't taker Sherry seriously as an NSA agent or whatever. I think I would have taken her personality more seriously if she worked with Claire for Terrasave or some NGO to help people. She seemed far too weak, helpless and need rescuing by Jake too much(due to her being less experienced, I know).

I like Helena's design; she looks like a plain-clothes SS agent, but her backstory and constant stringing along of Leon wore thin quickly. That mess with Simmons and her sister was terribly written.

The character everyone hates the most I like: Jake. He is a total @$$hole. Cocky and sure of himself. He's a younger, douchebag Wesker. Inherited his fathers worst traits for sure. Like Major Ocelot of MGS3, he is a badass with potential, but still very immature and somewhat mal-adusted. Serious daddy hatred issues. But he comes around in the end.
---
"I'll make you MEOW, b####!!"
#35DetBeauregardPosted 1/22/2013 6:06:49 PM(edited)
sbn4 posted...
I am sick of seeing nearly everyone pick RE2 Sherry in onslaught as well.

Don't hate the player - hate the game. She has the best loadout for killing stuff quickly. I always use her, and pretty much everyone I play with uses her, too. Occasionally there's a Chris in there somewhere, but lately everything's been comin' up Sherry!

foodeater4 posted...
Overall though, prolly don't like Piers. He's just a total throw away nothing character. They could have made him Jill or hell even Sheva would have made some sense, and I think that would have just pleased the fans a lot more. And of course alter the ending a bit.

That's the thing, though - Piers' character is pretty much completely defined by the ending. Take that away and you're correct about him being generic. But if Piers was replaced with Jill or even Sheva and the ending turns happy with both escaping, it would be too cliche and boring, ala Leon's ending. And you'd also have a ton of upset fans in Jill's case.

Degalon posted...
Is she even AWARE of what's going on around her?

Haha, probably not. She's a character who seems to be driven 100% by her emotions. The scene at the end of the fourth chapter on top of the train with the sheet of metal flying at her head proves this.

Mr Stick posted...
Jake is the character with the douchiest face (but all 3 of these guys have douchey faces).

They do all have "douchey" faces, don't they? Jake looks like the ass at the bar who tries to start fights with everyone, Piers looks like the college bro whose mission is to nail anything with an XX chromosome set, and Helena has a serious case of the scowl-face. If you ask the Japanese developers, they'd probably say something like "Yeah, they all look American."
#36DegalonPosted 1/22/2013 6:50:29 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
sbn4 posted...
I am sick of seeing nearly everyone pick RE2 Sherry in onslaught as well.

Don't hate the player - hate the game. She has the best loadout for killing stuff quickly. I always use her, and pretty much everyone I play with uses her, too. Occasionally there's a Chris in there somewhere, but lately everything's been comin' up Sherry!

foodeater4 posted...
Overall though, prolly don't like Piers. He's just a total throw away nothing character. They could have made him Jill or hell even Sheva would have made some sense, and I think that would have just pleased the fans a lot more. And of course alter the ending a bit.

That's the thing, though - Piers' character is pretty much completely defined by the ending. Take that away and you're correct about him being generic. But if Piers was replaced with Jill or even Sheva and the ending turns happy with both escaping, it would be too cliche and boring, ala Leon's ending. And you'd also have a ton of upset fans in Jill's case.

Degalon posted...
Is she even AWARE of what's going on around her?

Haha, probably not. She's a character who seems to be driven 100% by her emotions. The scene at the end of the fourth chapter on top of the train with the sheet of metal flying at her head proves this.

Mr Stick posted...

They do all have "douchey" faces, don't they? Jake looks like the ass at the bar who tries to start fights with everyone, Piers looks like the college bro whose mission is to nail anything with an XX chromosome set, and Helena has a serious case of the scowl-face. If you ask the Japanese developers, they'd probably say something like "Yeah, they all look American."

1) I just pick Sherry cause she's cute.

2) Jake looks like he woulda been the white kid in a jersey in highschool. HIs second costume proves this.

3) Helena's 1970s perm is pretty bad, too.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#37DegalonPosted 1/22/2013 6:52:22 PM
JCuster posted...
He's a younger, douchebag Wesker.

So he's just a younger Wesker, then.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#38DetBeauregardPosted 1/22/2013 8:48:16 PM
Degalon posted...
Jake looks like he woulda been the white kid in a jersey in highschool. HIs second costume proves this.

I cannot agree with this enough.
#39DragonKnight387Posted 1/22/2013 10:58:55 PM
JCuster posted...
I'd have to say Sherry, followed by Helena. I didn't taker Sherry seriously as an NSA agent or whatever. I think I would have taken her personality more seriously if she worked with Claire for Terrasave or some NGO to help people. She seemed far too weak, helpless and need rescuing by Jake too much(due to her being less experienced, I know).

Sherry opening the cabin door in the middle of a snowstorm has to be the dumbest thing anyone could do, never mind an Agent.

Hmmm, most hated character...it'd probably have to be Ada because the writers decided to keep her character the same as its always been. Her character doesn't really grow or change in this story: she's a super-spy, who does super-spy stuff, and then she continues on with being a super-spy.

I think it should have been Ada (not Carla) that should have been the antagonist, but because of the Ada fans, the writers just didn't want to take the chance of killing her off. Think of how intriguing she would have been if all the stuff she's been doing since RE2 was really about bringing about doomsday, just because she can (or at the behest of the Organization she was working with).
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
The Last Story: 2108-6326-5464.
#40DetBeauregardPosted 1/23/2013 12:07:11 AM
DragonKnight387 posted...
I think it should have been Ada (not Carla) that should have been the antagonist, but because of the Ada fans, the writers just didn't want to take the chance of killing her off. Think of how intriguing she would have been if all the stuff she's been doing since RE2 was really about bringing about doomsday, just because she can (or at the behest of the Organization she was working with).

It would have been cool, but the problem is that from the beginning, the writers never wanted Ada to be a villain - she was always a "good person." In the Japanese version of RE4, she says something like "I don't do evil." In case you're wondering, there are countless plot points lost in translation in this series, with RE4 probably being the worst of the lot.