is this game worth $30???

#1goon56Posted 1/18/2013 3:40:29 PM
I have Resident Evil 5 and i liked it. im thinking about buying RE6. Is it worth the $30
#2Ashe CorvenPosted 1/18/2013 4:08:44 PM
It's a cliched answer, but the only way to know for sure is to try it. Personally, I was a huge fan of the series (up to RE5), and at that point I sort of felt that Capcom had pretty much lost the plot.

I recently picked up RE6 for myself (when it hit $40), and have enjoyed it immensely. It has been patched quite substantially since launch, so the experience is a bit more tweakable - camera settings etc.

So, I guess if you enjoyed 5, then 6 (for that price) is a pretty good investment - it is, taking its issues into account, a lot of game for $30.
---
Scientists predict that after nuclear war, only the two lowest forms of life will survive - roaches and fanboys....
#3TopdrunkeePosted 1/18/2013 4:46:02 PM
I got it for 40$. I'm not sure if the price was worth it. I really should've stuck with my original intent. (Ultimate Mahvel vs Crapcom 3 & Persona 4 Arena.)
Gameplay wise, RE6 is stellar.
The problem is that they force so much of that damn story on you and the QTE's are worse.
You actually have to play through a boring tutorial full of explosions right when you turn the game on. I died 4 times during the part where you have to run away from an explosion because the screen prompt wasn't clear about what you were supposed to do.
It's these little contrivances that bog this game down for me.

It's a shame because the gameplay is so good.
RE6 suffers from the same exact problem as Max Payne 3. Far too much useless exposition.
I really wish that Crapcom would just make a RE that revolved around zombie survival (Like Dead Rising & Dead Island.) and just ignore the goofy plot all together because RE6 definitely has the best gunplay & melee when compared to the other zombie games.
The problem is that Mercenaries mode is basically the only time that you get to play the game without being interrupted by the horribly penned story.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic