What is the best scenario play order?

#11DegalonPosted 1/21/2013 12:44:54 AM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
C14dog posted...
diamondcutr posted...
Play them in the order they are already in Leon, Chris, Jake and then Ada. There arent spoilers dont listen to this guy^^^^^.

the video tape found in leon's chapter 2 as well as how the rest of his campaign plays out makes it pretty obvious who a certain character is ( or rather isn't ). This character only briefly appears in Jake's campaign, and you'd only pick up on the fact that there's something off about the person in Chris' campaign if you're really paying attention. I recommend playing Leon third because it at least keeps a bit of a sense of mystery about what's really happening with this character while playing Jake and Chris.

Yeah because the difference between a royal blue dress and a red jacket is so subtle.

My thoughts, exactly lol.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#12KFrosty3Posted 1/21/2013 1:23:37 AM
I was told awhile ago that story wise it goes Chris 2/Jake 1, Jake 2, Ada 1, and then from here you could do all 1s, all 2s, all 3s, etc. While it's impossible to do Chris 2 first (unless playing with someone else, I hear this one is a good order.

Personally, I chose to play each campaign from beginning to end, but that's just me.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#13DegalonPosted 1/21/2013 9:13:21 AM
KFrosty3 posted...
I was told awhile ago that story wise it goes Chris 2/Jake 1, Jake 2, Ada 1, and then from here you could do all 1s, all 2s, all 3s, etc. While it's impossible to do Chris 2 first (unless playing with someone else, I hear this one is a good order.

Personally, I chose to play each campaign from beginning to end, but that's just me.

That's the way it's designed to be played (leon>chris>jake>ada, each from beginning to end).

The way you were told is only the chronological timeline of each campaign's spot in the overall story.

But if you play them out of order like that, certain things are going to be spoiled.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#14tdmj0226Posted 1/21/2013 10:44:17 AM
also, if we are talking about a first playthrough, some play mechanics are not explained if you skip to a campaign, like how to change to a weapons second firing mode.

I didn't know how to do this quickly and was fighting chris's final boss while changing my grenade rounds through the menu and not with the Y button, extremely fustrating, then when I played leons campagin i was like "OOOHHHH!!!"

See that would have made so much more sense than changing gr. rounds manually through the menu lol
#15Mr StickPosted 1/22/2013 3:06:10 PM
It is designed to be played Leon > Chris > Jake > Ada

Chronologically, it'd make sense to play Jake and/or Chris first, then Leon, then Ada.

I played them in the order they are already in, though.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#16TheodenPosted 1/23/2013 3:51:28 AM(edited)
Chronological Order:
Chris 2 / Jake 1
Jake 2
Ada 1
Leon 1
Leon 2 / Ada 2
Leon 3
Chris 1
Jake 3
Chris 3 / Jake 4 / Ada 3
Leon 4
Chris 4 / Ada 4
Jake 5 / Chris 5
Ada 5 / Leon 5

Chapters on the same lines intersect or overlap.
Leon 4 overlaps with both Chris / Ada 3 (and Jake 4) and Chris / Ada 4, so I put it between those chapters.
---
#17DetBeauregardPosted 1/23/2013 3:32:00 PM
The developers have stated numerous times that there is no specific order they had in mind for how to play the campaigns, aside from recommending that Ada's be played last.

I did Leon, Jake, Chris. I was satisfied.

I wanted to start with Leon's because it is the most atmospheric and has a slower start. I did Jake's next because I thought Chris's would be the weakest, but his actually turned out to be my favorite in terms of gameplay. I also think it's the most difficult.
#18DegalonPosted 1/24/2013 7:46:09 AM
So really, general rules being

1) Start with Leon's
2) End with Ada's
3) Chris and Jake in the middle, doesn't really matter which one first.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe do Jake's before Chris. Just because a) Chris has more of a "grand finale" than Jake as far as their final chapters go, and b) There's a part in Jake's campaign where (MINOR SPOILERS) they are freed, and they don't know who, and it turns out it was CHris in his campaign.

So, after rethinking it, best play order would probably be

1) Leon
2) Jake
3) Chris
4) Ada
---
#19DetBeauregardPosted 1/24/2013 4:55:49 PM
Degalon posted...
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe do Jake's before Chris. Just because a) Chris has more of a "grand finale" than Jake as far as their final chapters go, and b) There's a part in Jake's campaign where (MINOR SPOILERS) they are freed, and they don't know who, and it turns out it was CHris in his campaign.

That's how I did it, and it was cool to find out that Chris was the one who freed Sherry.

Chris's ending was definitely the most shocking, but for future players: if you're the type who prefers a happy ending to your three-campaign run, play Jake's last.

Ada's should always be the fourth scenario played. I know people who didn't do this (post-first patch), and throughout her campaign they had no clue what was happening.
#20zidane kujaPosted 1/30/2013 5:40:07 PM
I think the best chronological order playing the game the first time would be,

Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada's Campaign

If you want the game to flow pretty smoothly and in order. If you want to just go through a characters story all at once just go in the order they are presented.

Leon
Chris
Jake
Ada

But I played in the order I listed and really enjoyed switching and the flow of the story.
---
if you don't know what Shadows of the Damned is. get on it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-shadows-of/714488