The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So is this Game as bad as Critics say it is?

#1FallenLondonPosted 1/21/2013 4:43:03 PM
This game recieved abysmal scores from almost everyone, wondering If it's as bad as most critics say.

Even the fan defending the game couldnt offer too much praise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGku-Kqy9I
---
"Heh heh Allllriiiiighht...."
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
#2Bray209Posted 1/21/2013 4:59:47 PM
It's nowhere near as bad as the "critic's" or anybody on the "It's cool to hate RE6" bandwagon would have you believe. It's a good solid game despite It's flaws (some of which have been addressed via patches), I wouldn't call it a great game, but I thoroughly enjoy It.
#3DegalonPosted 1/21/2013 5:01:13 PM
It's not bad at ALL.

People are just butthurt that it's action oriented. Despite the past 2 games also being action oriented.

But from a pure gameplay perspective, it's great. Best RE yet, thanks to the improved controls.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#4JackalfoxPosted 1/21/2013 5:15:08 PM
If you liked RE5, you're love RE6. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that RE6 is the best co-op game I've ever played.
---
Now Playing - Resident Evil 6 (360)
#5ANARCHYRULZPosted 1/21/2013 6:27:51 PM
Degalon posted...
It's not bad at ALL.

People are just butthurt that it's action oriented. Despite the past 2 games also being action oriented.

---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#6PoopMasterGoetzPosted 1/21/2013 11:34:04 PM
Jackalfox posted...
If you liked RE5, you're love RE6.

Hardly. The way they play is entirely different.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#7zenandiPosted 1/21/2013 11:46:57 PM
Depends on:

a) If you like Mercenaries-style gameplay

and

b) whether you're as good as you think.

Because complaining about minor inconveniences like QTE and cameras? Please don't make me laugh...
#8Hui_TianPosted 1/22/2013 4:39:52 AM
there are aspects of it that make it a huge step down from RE5... but overall, its a very entertaining game that still on par with its predecessors.

i don't think its true to say that if you liked RE5 that you'll like RE6, but if you're a fan of the RE series as a whole you'll enjoy it

the biggest complaints I have are of it, are that the movement controls are sometimes not as accurate as I'd like (input and responsiveness)... but being able to shoot and move, set dodge, lie on your back and reload while moving are generally GOOD improvements for the game

however, while the inventory system is in many ways a step up for mercenary mode is a step up... its quite the burden for campaign, what with not being able to swap out weapons and hence always getting ammo for every gun you've picked up in previous chapters, even if you don't want to use it
#9mellowkid82Posted 1/22/2013 3:20:27 PM(edited)
It's third on my list of favorite RE games behind the REmake and Code Veronica. I did like the 5th one too. My least favorite RE game was the 4th because I was never really fond of Leon I always thought he was bit of a dweeb in the 2nd game and I hated his hairstyle (such a random thing to hate about a character, haha). However after playing RE6 I have come to dig Mr. Kennedy. Chris Redfield is still my favorite character out of the series.
---
"Such is the fragility of evil."
XBL Gamertag: mellowknight