Revelations support in RE.net

#1SoulRequiem2Posted 1/24/2013 4:14:19 AM
Good news. Residentevil.net now will have support for the upcoming Resident Evil Revelations. Sign up with your capcom account to receive a Chis & Jill Diorama. You can use your RE6 RE.net account or create a new one. It seems RE.net will stay for a while longer. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they add Operation Racoon City's sequel to it too. Check out guys.
---
Wowsers, Sherry Birkin got really cute after Racoon City
My dream of seeing Talim Grown Up has been destroyed!
#2DegalonPosted 1/24/2013 8:36:32 AM
lol. I find myself caring more about ORC's sequel than the Revelations port.

This could easily change if it turns out that Revelations has online co-op.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#3burnoutguy314Posted 1/24/2013 10:18:15 AM
Revelations has online co-op via Raid mode. No human co-op in the story campaign, as there are various parts where you explore alone... as it should be. I'm sure they'll implement a drop in drop out feature with the co-op heavy missions (like Chris's chapters), but if they DONT' CHANGE A THING in Jill's chapters; well, let's just say Jill's chapters alone > RE6.
---
REALDEMO
#4DegalonPosted 1/24/2013 3:20:07 PM
burnoutguy314 posted...
Revelations has online co-op via Raid mode. No human co-op in the story campaign, as there are various parts where you explore alone... as it should be. I'm sure they'll implement a drop in drop out feature with the co-op heavy missions (like Chris's chapters), but if they DONT' CHANGE A THING in Jill's chapters; well, let's just say Jill's chapters alone > RE6.

So no real reason to buy it, then, thanks for the headsup.

Co Op is what makes the resident evil games fun. otherwise they are just too bland.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#5GreatJallopiPosted 1/24/2013 7:27:43 PM
Degalon posted...
burnoutguy314 posted...

Co Op is what makes the resident evil games fun. otherwise they are just too bland.

How can you speak of the series as a whole if you only enjoyed from the fifth one on?
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#6PoopMasterGoetzPosted 1/25/2013 12:30:06 AM
Degalon posted...
burnoutguy314 posted...

Uhh, did you play any Resident Evil before 5?
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#7SkiesWillBurn81Posted 1/25/2013 12:37:54 AM
im excited about this because i like the site and enjoy unlocking stuff on there.
#8deadpool_legendPosted 1/25/2013 1:43:54 AM
Degalon posted...
burnoutguy314 posted...

I sort of agree with you, because I like 5 and 6 much more than any previous entries partly for the co-op, but Revelations really was fantastic, co-op or not.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9DegalonPosted 1/25/2013 1:49:15 AM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
Degalon posted...
burnoutguy314 posted...

Uhh, did you play any Resident Evil before 5?

1 2 3, outbreak, and 4.

Outbreak was the only one out of those that didn't bore me to tears.
---
#10burnoutguy314Posted 1/25/2013 10:05:59 AM(edited)
I love co-op as much as any modern RE gamer, and I really do think co-op makes a great addition to the series. Some of my favorite moments include co-op'ish events like in RE2 Ada/Leon team up, REmake Jill/Barry team up, RE4 Leon/MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiKE!!, etc.

But what made those events great was that it was in moderation. That's what makes Revelations a great RE title. You get a hefty mixture of old school RE atmosphere-- puzzles, alone, corridor, tank controls- with the modern RE-- TPS, co-op, dodge, QTE.

RE6, while I did enjoy the game, just caters to the modern crowd. Revelations, at least Jills parts (hehe) is a RE purist fix.
---
REALDEMO