Could have been great but why add....

#1whats_a_fanboyPosted 1/29/2013 11:16:53 AM
the partners? I get it for co-op but when I wanna play alone, I wanna play it alone. Not CCC's following me around. I is one thing to make a RE game co-op, ok cool, but to make it so you're fopllowed buy an NCP the WHOLE game when playing solo and trying to get that old RE vibe is insane. Who that of this? This series has really humped the shark, lol. I I acutaly got paid to play this, bought it and took it back after the sale price was over and got $20 credit. But still, are they even trying anymore? Man, I was excited for this too. I guess I'll just start my Dead Space 2 and then get 3, they seem to still remember what survival horror is. I love zombies though! And turtles. And why are there these new characters in RE6? Why not give fans what they have wanted for years? Let Claire and Leon or brother and sister team up. Quit making up the corny ass characters, we have enough already.

God God Man.
#2NorseLeavesPosted 1/29/2013 12:04:04 PM
wow, you were paid to play this? anyways, Capcom cannot satisfy all the fans out there. its realistically impossible to have 100% satisfied fans.
#3whats_a_fanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:54:39 PM
Well you could TRY and satisfy some fans by not taking the series further and further from it's roots to the point it's a GoW clone. You can turn off the AI partner in the Ada story I read. And no, I wasn't paid to play this but I wouldn't play it for more than the couple hours I have for money unless it was a lot. You can't buy time. Unless you're Justin Timberlake.
#4alex91093Posted 1/29/2013 9:10:43 PM
Dead space is not and never was a survival horror. Horror and survival horror is not the same thing. Survival horror are games that limit your resources. Dead space 1 didn't even do this. You could buy ammo and health. Almost no survival horror games have even come out this generation.
---
Xbox/PSN = alex91093 Youtube = AlexEqualsAwesome93 Tumblr = http://alex91093.tumblr.com/
Motto = I did it because it was funny
#5Mariofan15Posted 1/29/2013 9:19:30 PM
The closest thing you can get to playing alone is adding the Lone Wolf skill which makes it that only you can fight the enemy while the AI stays out of the way. That or play Ada's campaign which has her all by her lonesome. The partner thing doesnt really bother me since they have Infinite Health and Ammo which was a huge improvement over RE 5. So no worrying about healing the both of you or giving up ammo.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#6whats_a_fanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:06:30 PM
I disagree about the survival aspect being limited weapons and such. If you have a whole arsenal and the game is hard and scary, it's survival horror to me. Not only old RE games and Silent Hill are survival horror because you ran away from enemies. I think DS is way more RE like than the new RE games, namely 5 and 6 with a splash of 4.
#7alex91093Posted 1/29/2013 10:14:48 PM
Well survival horror is actually a game genre so it can't just be said because you find the game scary.
---
Xbox/PSN = alex91093 Youtube = AlexEqualsAwesome93 Tumblr = http://alex91093.tumblr.com/
Motto = I did it because it was funny
#8DetBeauregardPosted 1/29/2013 10:37:14 PM
I agree with TC about the forced AI partners. They aren't as bad in this game as they were in 5 or Revelations, but they really kill the immersion factor and the atmosphere. There's just something about going in alone that I prefer, and that adds more fear. I think this series definitely started going downhill after 4.
#9SquallLuvsL4PPosted 1/31/2013 1:29:21 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
I agree with TC about the forced AI partners. They aren't as bad in this game as they were in 5 or Revelations, but they really kill the immersion factor and the atmosphere. There's just something about going in alone that I prefer, and that adds more fear. I think this series definitely started going downhill after 4.

They did it perfectly in Revelations. Half the time your partner isn't even there, and they're immortal like in 6.
---
This post is made of 100% REAL CHEESE
Care to take a bite? Number of bites: 21
#10Dave_GahanPosted 1/31/2013 1:58:24 PM
Capcom feels the need to cater to the newer, casual crowd.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)