This game isn't as good as I expected. *spoilers*

#1ty1098Posted 1/29/2013 6:43:20 PM
Leon and Jake's campaigns have bad exposition.. How did they meet their partners? Leon's campaign is... dull. He lacks the bravado or crazy moves the series is now known for (haymakers on boulders and using hand to hand on zombies), and isn't fun to play as. His part fails to be scary or creepy, yet also lacks any sort of insanity to it. No weapon upgrading. Any sort of inventory system is thrown out the window for a generic carry everything bag. Most importantly, the game lacks soul. I feel like I have no purpose. Resident Evil 3 pitted you against Nemesis, and sent you running for your life. 4 had you trying to save the presidents daughter and uncover a cult. 5 was ridonkulous in some parts sure, but it had this raw feeling to it. It wasn't especially good, but it still felt... fun. In its own, crazy way. This game feels so generic. I could replace some names and change a few appearances, have somebody play the originals 1-5, and they would have no idea its a RE game. It doesn't feel like 1 at all.
Disappointed sadly. I didn't want to buy into the hate on this game. I wanted to like it. But it's just not that good.
---
That dog is a vengeful little ****. He hires thugs to kill me all the time. -MoxRavager
#2Mariofan15Posted 1/29/2013 7:49:04 PM
Okay.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#3levyjl1988Posted 1/29/2013 7:49:43 PM
pro tip: keep your opinions to yourself or you are going to attract a lot of hate from these boards, especially those who actually enjoy this game.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#4JackalfoxPosted 1/29/2013 10:01:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is the same for Jake's campaign, but in Leon's, the medallions you find and break give you access to files on the main menu that explain the game's backstory, such as who Helena is, who her sister is, how Helena met up with Leon, why Helena was framed by Simmons, etc.
---
Now Playing - Resident Evil 6 (360), Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS)
#5NorseLeavesPosted 1/29/2013 11:05:50 PM
Jackalfox posted...
I'm not sure if this is the same for Jake's campaign, but in Leon's, the medallions you find and break give you access to files on the main menu that explain the game's backstory, such as who Helena is, who her sister is, how Helena met up with Leon, why Helena was framed by Simmons, etc.

it is. for example there are document files about Sherry and Jake and about his mother.
#6Dicer7Posted 1/30/2013 10:26:29 AM
I agree with most of your points TC, and I say this as someone who still plays this game since launch and enjoys it for what it is. The plot is probably the worst in the main series. You'd think that four separate campaigns would be a good thing but in the end it just makes the whole thing feel incoherent and unfocused. Though the gameplay and level design were certainly flawed my biggest issue going through the game is actually caring about what's going on with the characters.
#7burnoutguy314Posted 1/30/2013 11:02:07 AM
I like the game, but I can also see its flaws when compared to past RE's.

The story is definitely one of the weaker points, especially with the cop out "virus clone" premise... just lazy writing, and I say that in regards to all clone plots. It was great seeing Sherry and Ada in modern RE though.
---
REALDEMO
#8Simmons9576Posted 1/30/2013 1:00:35 PM
I actually loved RE5. Actually more than 4. I'm the minority there I know but 5 was solid and the coop was awesome. My order:

RE2
RE5
RE4
RE3
RE1
Code Veronica
RE6

I'm not considering those MMO REs or that rail shooter one lol. At any rate, you can see I agree with you TC. RE6 was just not up to par. The story was odd and the characters were bland. The controls even felt off, and that's saying something since RE is not known for great controls. I won't say RE6 is terrible; call it a non-RE action game and its a solid 7/10; try to say its an RE game though and you get a 5/10. I will say this; the graphics are quite nice and that part. SPOILER. In Leon's campaign where you hold that gun shop felt pretty awesome.

What I want is an RE reboot. Start over; forget all of the RE lore. Just give me a game where I okay as somebody trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. Get rid of all of these new Viruses and crazy bosses. Give me a city full of slow walkers that I have to get through. My favorite RE movie was Apocalypse. I know I'm the minority there too. It just gave me what I felt an RE movie should be. No stupid Matrix crap or super powers or anime-esque plots and fights. This series has just gotten too wild. Slow it down and return to its roots!
---
Gamertag: Bloodybullets83
Loyalty above all else except Integrity and Honor
#9Cosmic MayhemPosted 1/30/2013 2:31:07 PM
Simmons9576 posted...
My favorite RE movie was Apocalypse. I know I'm the minority there too. It just gave me what I felt an RE movie should be. No stupid Matrix crap or super powers or anime-esque plots and fights. This series has just gotten too wild. Slow it down and return to its roots!

Hhh??? You and I must have watched different movies. Alice was doing crazy matrix stuff in that film. Remember when she backflipped off a motorcycle and drove it into a Licker then exploded it in mid-air??

On topic. I still don't know why people hate on this game so much. I've played all the major RE games and this game was a blast to play co-op. Sure the inventory system was a little weird, but it made more sense. Think about it:

Resident Evil 1: Magical boxes that contain your items and transfer them to other boxes located around the estate??

Resident Evil 5: In between cave levels I can stop off and pick out which items I want from my invisible supply cache that follows me around?

On that same note I understand zombies and crap are running around so you can throw realism out the window...

My only flaws with 6 are:

1. The story wasn't that strong, but Jake is pretty cool.

2. Not enough carrying space. They load you up with all these guns and ammo, but by the end of the game you are basically out of space.. Playing co-op really helped alleviate this problem.

3. Getting all your health back when you die. I HATE THIS.

4. It would've been nice to upgrade weapons again.. but I guess upgrading your abilities is a decent alternative.

This is my favorite Resident Evil game in existence for co-op reasons. If I could only choose based on single player than REmake is my favorite.
---
-\o_o/-
#10Simmons9576Posted 1/30/2013 9:23:46 PM
Yes the motorcycle backflip in the church was lame but it was better than setting crows on fire in the third one or killing 50 guys with a blade in 4. I remember the whole melting that guy's brain through the camera too, but I can forgive that since the rest of the movie felt very RE2-3 like.
---
Gamertag: Bloodybullets83
Loyalty above all else except Integrity and Honor