Resident Evil to return to its roots. Link inside.

#11jpv2000Posted 2/1/2013 7:37:02 AM
Great news, indeed.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#12Sir_HaxorPosted 2/1/2013 9:01:48 AM
Cool. No more bland shooting action crap. Now if we can just go further from this terrible OTS camera and go with something more dignified awesome. And better puzzles and maze exploration. Revelaitions did a pretty mediocre job with finding keys and other items.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#13WoramotPosted 2/1/2013 10:29:43 AM
I'm still confused. What exactly do they mean by "reboot"?
---
Derpy is best pony.
Gamertag: Vault DweIIer. The L in Vault is a capital i.
#14tdmj0226Posted 2/1/2013 10:35:59 AM
I really dont care that there are no more questions left or how they end it, honestly I would be happy if they did something totally stupid like killed the Earth

or made Wesker return as a good guy to fight off evil Barry who has been the real mastermind this whole time or any other rediculus scenerio any one can think of, I just really need them to end this one before they start another one

I'm the only one that would be unhappy if the whole storyline ended with 6?
#15DrakoVongola1Posted 2/1/2013 12:54:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that about RE6? Didn't they fail miserably?

I have very little hope in Capcom.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#16DrakoVongola1Posted 2/1/2013 12:55:57 PM
tdmj0226 posted...
If they reboot to a new story without first concluding this one in some epic finale, I will be soooooooooo pissed,

I need closure in the current RE universe before they start a new one, this storyline has been going on for 17 years now, I've been following since day one, and to just throw it away would be the final straw for me

How does one close a story about a zombie outbreak that has affected almost the entire planet? The only place left to go is to unleash the Wrath of God upon the planet and watch it crumble to dust.
---
#17tdmj0226Posted 2/1/2013 1:24:49 PM
sounds good, I dont care just end this one before starting a new one
#18DrakoVongola1Posted 2/1/2013 8:43:42 PM
Honestly it could end with RE6. Sure The Family is still out there, but they'll never kill every bioterrorist organization. And obviously curing the virus doesn't work, they tried that once and a different company just made an enhanced version. They can't just say "Okay we have now cured every virus EVER!", that would be stupid.
---
#19TVthePunisherPosted 2/1/2013 9:15:02 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14000-Resident-Evil-Producer--It-d-Be--Very-Difficult--to-Go-Back-to-Series--Roots.html

Here it looks like they're now against the idea. Capcom just can't make up their bloody mind...
---
What is a "True Fan"? One who can never be pleased with change, that disregards anything following the "classic games". Disgraceful fools.
#20Nagasada_MoriPosted 2/1/2013 9:44:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]