Resident Evil to return to its roots. Link inside.

#21Jallen9000Posted 2/5/2013 2:26:14 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Honestly it could end with RE6. Sure The Family is still out there, but they'll never kill every bioterrorist organization. And obviously curing the virus doesn't work, they tried that once and a different company just made an enhanced version. They can't just say "Okay we have now cured every virus EVER!", that would be stupid.

Possible. Jake has super blood that is apparently immune to every virus ever. Make up some magic science, like the other 100% of the series, and boom; instant sure for global distribution.

Series finale would be all of the game's bosses that got dropped of a cliff and assumed to die (like Deborah in this game) coming back and forming the 'Previously Lost/Offed Terrors Housed On Lead-character Eradication' (Or 'PLOT HOLE' for short) in an attempt to stop the good guys from launching their own global bio-weapon that would end all bio-terrorism. It could work, I'm sending an e-mail to Capcom....
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
#22Dave_GahanPosted 2/5/2013 7:46:21 PM
Capcom should just reboot the series to where RE5 and RE6 storyline never even existed.

Go back to fixed camera angles, old school controls, old school gameplay.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#23chretien123Posted 2/6/2013 4:57:53 AM
Both articles were revealing. The programmers don't want to go back to the horror mode, but bad sales are undeniable. I hope that the reboot does go back to the level of play but that the story line continues. It wouldn't be hard. We have the last child still running around that Spencer created (Lost in Nightmares)...The Family seems even more powerful than the original Umbrella (maybe Spencer was even a member), Neo-Umbrella is now in existence and nothing was said about those flowers in Resident Evil 5 in terms of how the heck did they get the progenitor virus in the first place. Lots of stories to be told....different countries....different locations...and a variety of characters familiar and not. Heck the U.S. lost its President in R.E. 6....why not have a "Family" member take the Presidency and hunt down our favorite characters who ban together, as a team on the run trying to reveal the truth. Sadly, too many companies just want to reboot things...how many times is the Marvel or D.C. universe going to be rebooted. I think if you going to do a series, like Resident Evil then follow the Dragon Ball Z strategy. Keep making games until the sells drop dramatically, then end it in a good way and make other games in between the story lines. Anyway, thanks for the articles...here's hoping for a good Resident Evil 7.
#24Hui_TianPosted 2/6/2013 6:53:34 AM
if they can bring the sense of horror, suspense and frantic-ness that Dead Space has, they can easily fix this game!

more than anything, they need to work on their plot and character-persona's!
#25ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/6/2013 8:08:44 AM
Let me address a few of these:

chretien123 posted...
We have the last child still running around that Spencer created (Lost in Nightmares)...

Possibly on of the few loose ends that could still provide a good story line. That said, Alex Wesker is said not to have any of Albert Wesker's superhuman powers, only improved intellect. Plus the immortality virus he was working doesn't sound like something to produce B.O.W.s with (they could bend things for it to be used for that purpose though).

chretien123 posted...
The Family seems even more powerful than the original Umbrella (maybe Spencer was even a member)

Ada provided Leon all the evidence he needed to prove that Simmons and the Family were behind everything, that's why he's back in America in the epilogue, visiting Deborah's grave with Helena and Hunnigan.

chretien123 posted...
Neo-Umbrella is now in existence

Neo Umbrella is something that Ada/Carla came up with, and was destroyed at the end of the events of RE6. At most some of the remnants might have taken samples and are selling them, just like it happened with Umbrella.

chretien123 posted...
and nothing was said about those flowers in Resident Evil 5 in terms of how the heck did they get the progenitor virus in the first place.

These were some ancient flowers that developed the virus in that cave's particular conditions and from the backstory fo RE5 they have had the virus for a long time and were used by the african tribe in the vicinity. No more to add here unless you want to add aliens adding the virus to them or something like that.

chretien123 posted...
Heck the U.S. lost its President in R.E. 6....why not have a "Family" member take the Presidency and hunt down our favorite characters who ban together, as a team on the run trying to reveal the truth.

As previously mentioned, Ada gave Leon the evidence he needed to prove the involvement of the family and in the epilogue he doesn't seem to be in the runaway anymore.

From my point of view, the only loose ends are Alex Wesker and possibly Tricell if still active at that point.
#26al3xnishchukPosted 2/6/2013 12:11:46 PM
Exactly. Alex Wesker's whereabouts are still unknown at this time. So i wonder if he comes back to confront jake
#27ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/6/2013 12:32:10 PM
al3xnishchuk posted...
Exactly. Alex Wesker's whereabouts are still unknown at this time. So i wonder if he comes back to confront jake

Why?

Alex Wesker and Jake are completely unrelated.

Even his father only shared the surname because they were named after Spencer's project; they aren't blood related at all and for all we know, they didn't ever meet in person.
#28chretien123Posted 2/6/2013 4:42:53 PM
This is what I'm talking about. Looking at these potential story lines and either considering them closed or exploring further. I think the Alex Wesker story line definitely has the most potential and a confrontation between Jake and Alex begs to be explored. Another island...another city.

I agree that Ada is the best at what she does and provided Leon and Jessica (I think thats her name) evidence to put them in the clear...but did it incriminate the Family or just a couple of individuals? And even if there is evidence on the Family....as Ada said they run the world...evidence can be lost, changed...or simply not believed...happens in real life all the time.

I really don't think the origin of the Progenitor virus is closed. Even duplicated the flowers don't carry the virus...only in that spot...as was said for a very long time. Potential story line....have someone kidnap several main characters (force them to explore caverns deeper than explored in RE5, and see what really is happening down there. It doesn't have to be aliens....anything could have created the master virus....and may still be alive).

I just think that a reboot back to the horror genre is great...but the story still has so many things to be explored....and the sense of history of the game and characters will only add to it.
#29vgplaya89Posted 2/6/2013 9:13:07 PM
Lol. They'll never go back to fixed camera. That's just plain archaic.
---
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Kokonoe-/bieber.gif
#30Mujika1991Posted 2/12/2013 1:56:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]