Resident Evil 6- Officially a failure according to Capcom.

#21levyjl1988Posted 2/4/2013 9:55:13 PM
I'm going to guess they are going to continue with this plot line, meaning no reboot, however the focus will be brought upon the perspective that of another Resident Evil character, perhaps Rebecca Chambers or someone else. Having someone skilled against zombies usually begs that the gameplay will be more action packed.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#22The_Djoker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:41:28 AM(edited)
The_Djoker posted...
http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-6-is-officially-a-failure-243965.phtml

Remember when this game came out and fanboys were jumping in joy at 4.8 million shipped? well guess what? They still haven't sold their shipments. Poor sales. Game was a critical flop and is now a flop commercially. Poor sales say Capcom.

This is great news for RE fans because it forces Capcom to rethink what they want to do with the franchise. Teehee.

I bought three (3) copies of RE6 and consider it a great success and very fun.
Majority of the world would say that your life is a failure compared to mine but you still go on day after day so it's the same principal. I care about my opinion of RE6 more than a websites opinion.

You're welcome.

Websites opinion? IT's CAPCOMS opinion kid. You know...the people who made this game. You're in denial and your tears are delicious. The fact that you bought 3 copies shows how badly this game sold. There was probably more people like you buying multiple copies so the sales figure is more than it should be. Too bad you should have bought more copies so Capcom wouldn't admit to this game failing.

This game flopped. IT must hurt badly knowing your favourite game sucked and flopped.

Remember when this game came out and fanboys were jumping in joy at 4.8 million shipped? well guess what? They still haven't sold their shipments. Poor sales. Game was a critical flop and is now a flop commercially. Poor sales say Capcom.

This is great news for RE fans because it forces Capcom to rethink what they want to do with the franchise. Teehee.

Teehee what? RE 6 isnt as bad as you fanboys claim it is. So I dont see the problem. I,for one,like it very much.

This is coming from the same kid who was crying about Revelations(a great RE game) being ported to consoles. You're a Nintendo fanboy not a RE fan, lets get that straight.

I disagree and re4 was a pos and the worst of the RE games.

You should go to a clinic to see if you have Brain damage. It's kids like this that ruin the industry by supporting garbage.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#23teehee23Posted 2/5/2013 6:05:52 AM
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Majority of the world would say that your life is a failure compared to mine but you still go on day after day so it's the same principal. I care about my opinion of RE6 more than a websites opinion.

You're welcome.

Websites opinion? IT's CAPCOMS opinion kid. You know...the people who made this game. You're in denial and your tears are delicious. The fact that you bought 3 copies shows how badly this game sold. There was probably more people like you buying multiple copies so the sales figure is more than it should be. Too bad you should have bought more copies so Capcom wouldn't admit to this game failing.

This game flopped. IT must hurt badly knowing your favourite game sucked and flopped.

Sales didn't meet their expectations because there are fewer true hardcore oldschool gamers like me left on the planets. At my house Resident Evils 6 is often played and we luvs it longtime. My house is so exciting. In my bedroom... I have a brass.... waterbed. We like playing the ship level and the waterbed helps us feel more immersed in the game with the wavey motion and it's great.
Really, really great!

We bought Archives Edition, regular edition, and Games on Demand version.
Go the Capcom Guys!
You have our support and all our hearts forevers and we buying Resident Evils Revelations same day it releases.
And that so nice.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#24Hui_TianPosted 2/5/2013 9:44:07 AM
meh.. RE6 isn't a terrible game, its just lacking in terms of play-testing. Camera Angles/Fixed Cinematic moments are terrible (Chris's last act comes to mind specifically) and they just weren't well thought out. Gameplay has its moments where I greatly enjoyed, but they're lost in the moments where I felt like scenes were rushed.

Character Design... I was pretty frustrated with how some of the characters just aren't consistent within the game... Chris for an instance, is the obvious one. Helena on the hand is a complete idiot... When you finally get around to meeting her "sister," its almost as if she wasn't present for the rest of Leon's campaign to realize that she's already a lost cause.

also... is it me, or does every "survivor" that the players meet end up dead. Like, if I saw Leon/Helena running towards me and telling me that they were here to help, I would seriously turn and run the other way immediately!

The shooting and gunplay for mercs is still fun, and the campaign feels longer than RE5... but due to camera angles, control bugs, and story-lore... I have to say overall this is a HUGE step back from RE5. I feel like they looked the failures of Operation: Racoons City, but only tooksome of the worse aspects of the game.
#25Cosmic MayhemPosted 2/5/2013 10:29:37 AM
They should really just make REmake 2. Seriously Capcom. Get your head out of your ass.

This is coming from someone who really loved RE 6 too.
---
-\o_o/-
#26Magoo111Posted 2/5/2013 11:18:09 AM
This is arguably the worst and most heavy-handed troll I've see this year.

"OH I FEAST ON YOUR TEARS TROLOLOLOL"...really? Your trolling has all the substance of a Adam Sandler comedy.
#27SolidStryderPosted 2/5/2013 2:57:26 PM
RineN1 posted...
I actually find more amusing how TC and Dave boy suddenly arrived to rub this in our face, we all know you hate the game but after 2 months of not being around here its kinda...lame. Dont you have anything better to do? =w=
Anyway, i love the game so im glad Capcom has my money lol
PS: Hey Teehee, good to see you are still with that mood and amusing posts xD

TC made the same thread on the PS3 RE6 boards. His inability to read and the resulting debate quickly made him look as incompetent as the Texans, though.
#28Jallen9000Posted 2/5/2013 3:08:43 PM
How much did it cost to make this game (and distribute it) that they don't class 4.8million sales (plus however many units of the mirco-transactions/DLC sold) a success?

I get that they wanted to expand their fan base, and that the game has failed to surpass RE5 in terms of sales, but it seems that their expectations where way off the chart.

Reminds me of THQ; Darksiders II sold 1.5 million and was classed as a failure because it didn't sell to expectations. Obviously I'm not suggesting that Capcom will be going down the THQ route any time soon but it shows that in general companies need to get their heads out of the clouds. They should stop pinning all your hopes on one AAA title, lower their expectations for existing IP's and lower the cost of development.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
#29Mariofan15Posted 2/5/2013 3:10:23 PM
The_Djoker posted...

You're welcome.

Teehee what? RE 6 isnt as bad as you fanboys claim it is. So I dont see the problem. I,for one,like it very much.

This is coming from the same kid who was crying about Revelations(a great RE game) being ported to consoles. You're a Nintendo fanboy not a RE fan, lets get that straight.

I disagree and re4 was a pos and the worst of the RE games.

You should go to a clinic to see if you have Brain damage. It's kids like this that ruin the industry by supporting garbage.

And your nothing but a troll. Get THAT straight.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#30Dave_GahanPosted 2/5/2013 3:28:22 PM
The damage control is amazing.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)