In each campaign, how different does each character play?

#1RitalinfiendPosted 2/5/2013 3:17:41 PM
I rented the game. I had intended to play each campaign once before sending it back to gamefly. Was wondering, are the characters in each campaign different enough to warrant a second playthrough in each campaign? Is the experience basically the same?
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#2hylianslayerPosted 2/5/2013 3:25:30 PM
piers has a better sniper and more sniping moments. like at the bridge in chapter 2. also the final boss is different with him. jake also has a slightly different aproach to his final boss.
---
White lawliot-1678 9390 8407, platinum anthony-3482 8253 5312, white2 stewart-0734 2568 0385
#3Jallen9000Posted 2/5/2013 3:34:36 PM
Not really. Each has minor differences and unique weapons. However the title characters do tend to get a bit more action and the story obviously focuses on them more than there partners.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
#4j_person_425Posted 2/5/2013 3:34:51 PM
In a few spots, the characters get separated and have to take different paths (most notably in the Jake/Sherry Campaign, where there is a pretty big difference in gameplay at two points.) I wouldn't really make a big deal of it though. Some of the characters also have unique weapons, like Helena's Hydra shotgun (which lets you do a crazy stunt shot with it), Sherry's Stun rod, and Pier's Anti-Material Rifle.
---
I have no nose and I must sneeze!!