What exactly is wrong with the gameplay?

#31AnubanUTPosted 2/13/2013 6:27:46 PM(edited)
Mariofan15 posted...
No, the game still sucks. Try replaying it again without itching to blow your brains out.

Only saving grace is Mercenaries, even that's pushing it.

To you. The game is just fine and people just exaggerate. Sure,there are problems but every game has them and RE 6 is no exception. It's still a good game regardless of what you supposedly fans say.

Not just to him obviously. 55 reviews and the average is less than 70% ... that is saying something no matter how much you want to dislike critics. If it were 55 reviews that averaged out to 95 the RE fanboys would be proudly holding that up as proof of how great the game is ... but of course this time it will be "who cares about what critics say" and other things like that.

This time the critics were right. The game is a 7/10 at best. Too many really poor game design choices hold it back from being any higher. All of the different issues that were mentioned are real issues and should have been addressed. I just get the feeling that not much actual Play testing was done. By that I mean the campaign was played in large parts and not just testing for technical functionality. Issues like being hit while in a cut scene or coming out of a cut scene to find an enemy in your face. And the use of Prompts and QTEs was just too much for most of the game.

I got my copy for 25 bucks and I am pretty pleased overall but to say that the game did not some need more work and could have been improved to the point of easily getting 8.5s and 9s is just insincere. I think if they would have done some more beta testing and given the game 4 more months they could have really polished it. But yes it is still a fun zombie killing game (better overall than Dead Island for certain). The weapon upgrades and the inventory slots upgrades are missed greatly however.
---
- "I just love to ignore asinine people ... please give me a reason to ignore you" - Me on a good day
#32PoopMasterGoetzPosted 2/14/2013 8:22:05 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
No, the game still sucks. Try replaying it again without itching to blow your brains out.

Only saving grace is Mercenaries, even that's pushing it.

To you. The game is just fine and people just exaggerate. Sure,there are problems but every game has them and RE 6 is no exception. It's still a good game regardless of what you supposedly fans say.

To you. Your opinion isn't special, dude.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#33mwright77Posted 2/15/2013 10:45:53 AM
funny how the same people keep posting their high and mighty opinions over and over after several years. must be a slow stretch of years. going back and forth about a video game is a waste of time. oh! I'm in the fold now.