Before they reboot Resident Evil they should....

#11Dark_Link72Posted 2/13/2013 12:20:03 AM
It really bothers me how Sheva is completely forgotten in RE6. Even in the documents, it talks about Chris' involvement in Africa in the BSAA without ever mentioning Sheva.

Virtually no reference to her from Chris during his campaign, either, if I'm not mistaken. It's as if Sheva's existence during the events of RE5 were as real and tangible as Agent's existence in Ada's campaign...

No, but seriously, anyone ever played coop with Agent? Can't open doors, pull levers, operate cranks, and insta-teleporting to Ada's location... If you get split up with an AI, the AI has to do EVERYTHING for you. I was severely disappointed with Ada's co-operative experience.

Granted, I feel like Ada's campaign shouldn't have been implemented as a co-op anyway.

I was really hoping RE6 was going to go for really diverse play-styles in each campaign, a smart move to please every type of fan of the RE spectrum, but they all feel like RE5 (which I played a gross amount of) with Chris basically feeling like an awkward Gears of War.

There are moments here and there that feel right, or are just down-right fun, but still...
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#12PoopMasterGoetzPosted 2/13/2013 2:38:21 AM
^Sheva did have a mention in one unlockable file. It went something to the effect of "...Chris Redfield killed Albert Wesker with the help of his BSAA partner, Sheva Alomar." Very plain, very vague. But she was at least mentioned. That's more than we can say for Jill.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#13kayoticdreamzPosted 2/14/2013 9:12:39 PM
Dark_Link72 posted...
It really bothers me how Sheva is completely forgotten in RE6. Even in the documents, it talks about Chris' involvement in Africa in the BSAA without ever mentioning Sheva.

Virtually no reference to her from Chris during his campaign, either, if I'm not mistaken. It's as if Sheva's existence during the events of RE5 were as real and tangible as Agent's existence in Ada's campaign...

No, but seriously, anyone ever played coop with Agent? Can't open doors, pull levers, operate cranks, and insta-teleporting to Ada's location... If you get split up with an AI, the AI has to do EVERYTHING for you. I was severely disappointed with Ada's co-operative experience.

Granted, I feel like Ada's campaign shouldn't have been implemented as a co-op anyway.

I was really hoping RE6 was going to go for really diverse play-styles in each campaign, a smart move to please every type of fan of the RE spectrum, but they all feel like RE5 (which I played a gross amount of) with Chris basically feeling like an awkward Gears of War.

There are moments here and there that feel right, or are just down-right fun, but still...

so i just played Adas story and i didnt have a co-op person? is co-op only if someone joins the game? i had an option for agent hunk but it was greyed out?

PoopMasterGoetz posted...
^Sheva did have a mention in one unlockable file. It went something to the effect of "...Chris Redfield killed Albert Wesker with the help of his BSAA partner, Sheva Alomar." Very plain, very vague. But she was at least mentioned. That's more than we can say for Jill.

would never of found that lol.
#14Dark_Link72Posted 2/18/2013 4:09:23 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
Dark_Link72 posted...

so i just played Adas story and i didnt have a co-op person? is co-op only if someone joins the game? i had an option for agent hunk but it was greyed out?

You can't play as Agent solo and Agent does not appear in the solo campaign IIRC, so Agent is only playable/makes an appearance when played via splitscreen or online co-op.

Like I said, though, when you play as him you never say anything (unless you use a companion command like 'move out', which are all generic) and Ada simply mumbles to herself and never acknowledges Agent's existence. All of his moves are duplicates from Chris' move-set, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Agent was just a Chris character model with a full-body skin variant.

When I mentioned getting split up with an AI, I was talking about the cross-over scenes such as when Leon, Helena and Ada fight Helena's sister in the mines. Agent has two sections where he's with Leon and Helena, and both instances are identical to the situation in which Agent can't do anything, AND your partner (whom is responsible for all of the important environment-interactions) is a semi-retarded AI.

He literally adds nothing to the story, nor is he capable of interacting with the environment outside of taking and dealing damage.
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#15IsegrimPosted 2/18/2013 12:51:20 PM
Dark_Link72 posted...

If you found a certain Serpent Emblem in Chris's campaign (Chapter 4) called Chris' File, have an account at RE.NET, made a data upload and looked up the corresponding file at the website, the extra information shows a letter from Sheva to Piers on her concern about Chris' disappearance.
---
I believe in the Sony Timer.
#16desi_shinobiPosted 2/18/2013 1:42:33 PM
I hope to god they don't reboot the series.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#17Weems2kPosted 2/18/2013 4:00:16 PM
I know Multi-Player, and Co-Op are the big thing in games these days, but damn, it just doesn't work in RE. Survivor Horror is suppose to be just you, doing whatever the hell it takes to make it out alive. I wouldn't mind seeing character switching like they had in RE0.
---
Sorry, bout your damn luck!!!
#18fluffy_kinsPosted 2/18/2013 4:36:25 PM
I want to see Claire as a protagonist again. Rebecca and Barry need to at the very least make cameos! Unfortunately, having a female or an old man as a main character probably wouldn't go over well for the sales of an action game. Characters like Billy and Carlos I don't really care about... they didn't do anything important outside of the one game they were each in.
#19desi_shinobiPosted 2/18/2013 6:33:15 PM
Weems2k posted...
I know Multi-Player, and Co-Op are the big thing in games these days, but damn, it just doesn't work in RE. Survivor Horror is suppose to be just you, doing whatever the hell it takes to make it out alive. I wouldn't mind seeing character switching like they had in RE0.

That's what we have to accept now, RE is no longer Survival Horror, it's Dramatic Horror now.

They tried one solo campaign with this game and they still ended up giving us a patch for more co-op.

majority of gamers are on-line gamer these days, you see people who want co-op in games that don't need them like hack and slash etc. Development companies recognise this and implement it but always at the risk of alienating their original fanbase.

RE6 did make it work though but in sacrificing the Survival Horror genre.

Personally I like the direction they are heading.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#20Dave_GahanPosted 2/18/2013 9:15:00 PM
Weems2k posted...

This. Keep RE single player, like its supposed to be.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)