So are the competitive multiplayer modes broken crap like in Resident Evil 5?

#1LiskerPosted 2/11/2013 8:16:24 PM
Just wondering if they're an unplayable mess where you get your ass handed to you by losers* who memorize every aspect like item and respawning locations as in 5, or did they actually take the time to make sure it's playable with this one?

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I am after being swindled by Capcom with the last game's multiplayer DLC.

*5's versus mode is the only time I've ever found the people who kick my ass not just "really good", but like they've honestly invested too much of their time into it.
#2PoopMasterGoetzPosted 2/11/2013 8:24:02 PM
Wait, you mean people who were good at the game typically won?! Gasp.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#3Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:52:41 PM
No, the people who took the time to memorize every aspect of the map won. I've played several games where the other players were leagues better than me, but Versus is just an unplayable mess. Sorry if my insulting it offended you, nothing personal.
#4Mariofan15Posted 2/11/2013 8:52:50 PM
So,because people are good,multiplayer modes suck? Sounds like your just a sour puss who's mad. It's called being a good player. Nothing wrong with remembering where things are.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#5Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:55:16 PM
Wow, wait to completely ignore everything I said! I'm not gonna bother clarifying, since evidently insulting your precious versus mode causes you two to take it personally.
#6Mariofan15Posted 2/11/2013 8:59:58 PM
Wow, wait to completely ignore everything I said! I'm not gonna bother clarifying, since evidently insulting your precious versus mode causes you two to take it personally.

Your the one who's getting pissy just because people know how to be good players. Why dont you do what they do instead of falsely claiming these modes are "broken".
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#7Nagasada_MoriPosted 2/11/2013 9:07:49 PM(edited)
RE5's modes weren't broken at all. (I do wish they would have disabled player killing in slayers, but whatever...it did make it fun when sucky players tried to pk)

RE6's aren't broken either, but if you think RE5's are broken I would stay away from survivors mode in this game. Stick to Onslaught and Predator.
#8RekoisCoolPosted 2/11/2013 9:15:05 PM
Survivors was fun to me at first before people began memorizing where the weapons spawned at, and spawning beside one at the beginning of the match is annoying. Agent with that quick shot damage increase and lightning hawk is frustrating to fight against as well...
Predator is my favorite out of the three modes though. I'm really anxious to see how Siege mode will turn out to be.
#9Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:36:35 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Your the one who's getting pissy just because people know how to be good players. Why dont you do what they do instead of falsely claiming these modes are "broken".

If you think a mode where you get a dozen rockets lobbed at you within five minutes (not making this one up), one character has an overpowered, no-skill-required-to-use shotgun that most of the characters are no match for, and where a few kills can get you all the items and your enemy is left with a mere handgun is a balanced, quality game, then I guess we have a difference in opinion.

Maybe it's just because I only started playing it when I got the gold edition a few months ago, so the only people left tend to be people who must've put upward of a hundred hours into the game. Though that still doesn't explain why I have mostly SS ranks for everything in mercenaries mode, or why when I play other games that are several years old, I get my ass kicked sometimes, but I'm usually beating the crap out of others. This is the only multiplayer mode I've ever played where I get slaughtered almost every single game. I've looked up strategies and that's been no help, and when I ask for advice on the boards, I usually just get complaints about how broken versus is or how most of the people who play it take the game way too seriously. So yeah, it sounds like an unbroken mess to me. But that must be my fault, because there's no such thing as bad multiplayer games, right?

I admit I definitely could've worded my first post in a less cranky manner, it's just I feel it really came off as rushed and unpolished, and I could've been less hostile with my response, but I'm not gonna apologize to any flamers who feel the need to immediately get personal because I attacked their precious game (not even the admittedly great game itself, just a terrible mode) I don't care about starting a flame war with some guy on the internet, nor do i have the time. I'm sorry to everyone who didn't feel the need to take my criticism personally, though that doesn't change the fact that I think it's horrible. Again, it's probably because some of you haven't played it lately, which would make me fear for how the modes in 6 turn out later even if I did enjoy them. Regardless, I've never seen a multiplayer mode as brutally unfriendly to new players as Versus. Maybe it was more enjoyable at first, but anyone who plays it now and isn't an expert will find nothing about it to enjoy.
#10Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/11/2013 11:34:13 PM
RE5 versus is definitely not perfectly balanced, but I still have fun with it. With the exception of luckier spawn points or better teammates, every advantage that any opponent could have over you, you could have too with enough practice/taking the same characters

The rest is a game of dodging through prediction and counterattacking, good aiming and strategizing your movements and which items you'll get. It can be fun at a higher level, and shouldn't be taken seriously 'till then.

My biggest problem with it is how a potentially good game gets ruined when a noob is in (uneven teams OR in FFA, the winner will pretty much be the one that gets closer to the noob) but IDC because I usually have fun games anyway
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.