So are the competitive multiplayer modes broken crap like in Resident Evil 5?

#11NoctisSiIentiumPosted 2/12/2013 1:28:49 AM
being good at memorization and being good at the game are two different things. the guy has a point and both RE5 multiplayer and RE6 survivors ARE broken.

stop jumping him and acting ridiculous jeeze.
---
I'm unoriginal and don't know what to put, hence the following:
I like trains.
#12CrankShaftPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:18 AM
The multiplayer is broken because of a learning curve?
#13Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:58:32 PM
NoctisSiIentium posted...
being good at memorization and being good at the game are two different things. the guy has a point and both RE5 multiplayer and RE6 survivors ARE broken.

stop jumping him and acting ridiculous jeeze.

Thanks.

CrankShaft posted...
The multiplayer is broken because of a learning curve?

Learning curve? I spent how much time not just playing the thing, but reading up on it online, looking for strategies and tips, yet I still get massacred over 90% of the time. You guys can flame me and say I suck, I don't really care, but when I'm still getting my ass kicked by most of the people I play against, I feel it's not me, but rather the game is, at best, practically unplayable for anyone who's not a long-term veteran at this point. Again, this is what it's like now, I'm guessing this wasn't a serious problem when it was still new. I guess most of the average players have already moved onto other stuff, leaving only the people obsessed with leader boards. I can't imagine anyone who's never played it before would be able to try out Versus mode and honestly tell me I'm full of crap.
#14Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:09:14 PM
And getting back on topic, or on topic in the first place, since this has immediately descended into a "versus mode is awesome" thread, can anyone tell me if I'll find the same problems in this game's multiplayer modes? Like an unbalanced roster? Or the ability of a player to amass all the weapons on the stage within a few minutes and become unstoppable? Or people quitting and it not counting as a victory for your achievements?

I understand all you guys defending versus mode are apparently professionals at it (or haven't played it in a while so you don't realize the current level of competition), but looking at it from the perspective of players who just play them recreationally or are more inexperienced: is this game, unlike 5, actually playable for new people? Is it more like Left 4 Dead, where you can have people on your team who've clearly not become familiar with the game's mechanics, and they don't get killed within a minute? Or is it just like 5, where you can expect anyone who's spent less than 20 hours before to get killed over a dozen times within 5 minutes?
#15SolidStryderPosted 2/13/2013 3:28:03 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
So,because people are good,multiplayer modes suck? Sounds like your just a sour puss who's mad. It's called being a good player. Nothing wrong with remembering where things are.

ITT: Memorizing where power weapons are = mad skillz

Predator mode is pretty fun, though.
#16RekoisCoolPosted 2/14/2013 2:27:18 PM
Lisker posted...
And getting back on topic, or on topic in the first place, since this has immediately descended into a "versus mode is awesome" thread, can anyone tell me if I'll find the same problems in this game's multiplayer modes? Like an unbalanced roster? Or the ability of a player to amass all the weapons on the stage within a few minutes and become unstoppable? Or people quitting and it not counting as a victory for your achievements?

I understand all you guys defending versus mode are apparently professionals at it (or haven't played it in a while so you don't realize the current level of competition), but looking at it from the perspective of players who just play them recreationally or are more inexperienced: is this game, unlike 5, actually playable for new people? Is it more like Left 4 Dead, where you can have people on your team who've clearly not become familiar with the game's mechanics, and they don't get killed within a minute? Or is it just like 5, where you can expect anyone who's spent less than 20 hours before to get killed over a dozen times within 5 minutes?

A team of noobs get massacred in Team Versus. If you aren't good at this, then you will be massacred at the beginning. The veteran players tend to target the people with the least kills first after they grab the elephant killer/rocket launcher/grenade launcher.
The plus side is that you are able to come back if you manage to kill someone as a zombie or j'avo. Zombies are hard to control though, so I don't play the zombie maps. It's kinda fun chasing someone as a pack of j'avo.
#17ANARCHYRULZPosted 2/18/2013 7:11:40 PM
lol what the hell is this??

anyway, the problem with re6 vs modes is that for the most part they are kinda empty
the community feels really small to me but the modes themselves are fun

versus on the other hand is kinda hit or miss, not the broken mess that 5 was

anyone who says re5 versus wasnt broken is delusional.

there was even a glitch where you could essentially stop weapon spawns so that you yourself kept all of them and other team stayed with very weak pistols/smgs leaving them unable to get stronger weapons or rocket launchers

just because someone gets and kills all the spawns for grenades/weapons doesnt mean they are good at the game lol. it means they exploited the obviously unbalanced mechanic

re6 versus does have random spawns but not as many rocket launchers as re5, it does have the brainless bsaa agent with the magnum though lol

re6 maps are also bigger

coming back as an enemy definitely brings a different element to the games though

but like i said re6 versus is hit or miss, i have seen "pros" that get together in a party thinking they are hot sh#t at the game and then get demolished by a bunch of casuals because they found the grenade launcher first which then resulted in people rage quitting lol
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#18Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:14:15 PM
I don't know if you can buy the DLC separate, but I don't plan to even touch the Team Versus mode. The ability to play as a zombie sounds pretty cool, but it seems you can do that in the mode where you guard a rookie soldier (that just sounds odd to me, why not make it a high-profile civilian (maybe the president?), if this soldier is gonna get himself killed despite your best efforts, he probably didn't belong there anywhere) anyway, so there's no reason for me to go near this thing. And is that mode where you play the stages as either the main characters or the enemy just like Left 4 Dead's versus mode? I really love playing that, but versus mode seriously burned me out, so I'm cautious of any competitive multiplayer mode in this game.

ANARCHYRULZ posted...

there was even a glitch where you could essentially stop weapon spawns so that you yourself kept all of them and other team stayed with very weak pistols/smgs leaving them unable to get stronger weapons or rocket launchers
****, SERIOUSLY? I've had that problem with several games, and that would certainly explain it. If that's true, everyone here who said 5's versus mode isn't broken needs to kiss my ass, because that's broke as ****.

ANARCHYRULZ posted...
but like i said re6 versus is hit or miss, i have seen "pros" that get together in a party thinking they are hot sh#t at the game and then get demolished by a bunch of casuals because they found the grenade launcher first which then resulted in people rage quitting lol
Sounds like it'd at least be a way for people to have fun if you don't take scores and leaderboards too seriously (but I'm guessing it's going to turn out like 5's eventually and people will find out a lot of exploitable tricks to decimate other players). I heard the versus leaderboards on 5 are B.S. anyway, and most of the players at the top are just people who've spent more time playing it.
#19PoopMasterGoetzPosted 2/18/2013 9:16:24 PM(edited)
^I never saw such an exploit in 5's versus and I played the game for years.

5's is far from perfectly balanced but it does have a lot of depth. I loved it, both survivors and slayers, probably in part because I eventually met a partner and good friend to play with regularly. But besides learning where the goodies are in all the maps, 5's survivors took a lot of raw skill. There are enough ways to take someone down that even when you're stuck with just a pistol, good teamwork can enable you and your partner to take down a loaded opponent and get a weapon back. And there are duplicates of all the weapons, so unless the opponent discards (a tactic that is HIGHLY frowned upon in the community), you can usually find weapons. The one weapon I would say is highly unbalanced is the grenade launcher because it has near endless ammo an can spam and stun lock people very easily. However, some of the most popular maps don't have them at all (Public Assembly, Village, Experimental Facility).

I really enjoyed 5's versus, but I advise you to stay as far from survivors in 6 as possible. It's a highly unbalanced mess ruined by quickshots, skill equipment, and weapon spawns. The combat takes virtually no raw skill and your victory depends more on ganging up on someone or finding a grenade launcher.

Onslaught is super fun, but you're going to have a difficult time finding a game. It's not totally dead though.

Predator is the mode I put most of my time in and I love it. Basically it's one round for every player, and each round a different person gets to play as Ustanak and all the other players work together to take him down. I didn't think I'd be into this mode at all when I got it, but it has a lot of depth, skill, and strategy involved and Ustanak is actually super fun to control (unlike anything in survivors or agent hunt). The point system is free for all, but the game rewards the agents for helping out other agents, so it incentivizes teamwork.

Also, for some reason everyone plays player matches instead of ranked, so leaderboards don't mean anything.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#20ANARCHYRULZPosted 2/20/2013 6:49:36 PM
it was the discard a weapon glitch

lets say you have a shotgun then see a shotgun spawn > you then discard/drop shotgun you already have and pick up the shotgun at spawn.

it exploited the game and @#$%ed up the spawns for opposing teams. once that happened games became extremely one sided

thats one reason why i stopped playing re5 versus, it was just too one sided most of the time. and i loved the hell out of the online for re5, i put way too many hours into it lol but the vs was really off putting

re6 vs doesnt have any glitches that im aware of lol. but yea it does have the brainless stuff with quick shot magnum and ganging up on 1 person gone astray

re6vs is also 3v3 or just 6 person free for all

dont get me wrong re6 vs is not super balanced either lol but i feel i have more fun with it than the douchebaggery that some people did in re5vs
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?