How is this?

#11whats_a_fanboyPosted 2/17/2013 12:59:38 PM
Not sure why people don't like this either. I guess if it was a new IP called anything but RE people would love it. They love GoW, which bores the hell outta me and this has way more content and better controls. I mean are people mad because it's not like the first 3? How long do you think controlling a tank around pre-rendered scenes and only aiming high, middle or low would last this gen? Or last gen? They were only scary because I was barely a teen when it came out, nothing like it existed before, and the camera and controls prevented you from seeing or fighting with any realism. I'm 30 this year and films and games will never scare me again. It sucks, I miss that emotion, fear, but you have to grow up sometime unfortunately.

I liked RE5 but this is better in every way to me except no weapon upgrades which is ok because the skill upgrades are cool. Not sure why when the dude at the table at Capcom said, "let's have player skills to unlock instead of weapons", that someone didn't say, "why not both?". They should at least had weapons upgradable and unlockable in Merc mode.

I think because of all the bad press and people on here, most I'm sure haven't even played the full game, I decided to skip this. The demo wasn't very fun for me. So buying it for like $15 or something, with very low expectations, I was blown away with it. The graphics are amazing, especially character models which rival Uncharted. The inventory and HUD and the millions of options from camera to laser color and style, to the story which is the best yet for RE(I agree not saying much) and the tons of unlockables and MP modes which are actually good this time to the RE.NET addition(which is amazingly implemented) and even the update which made some cool changes all add up to an awesome game worth $60, imo.

To bad after getting the best controlling RE to date Capcom will now go back to crappy controls or back peddling like hybrid or 4 or Revelations and try and make it slow and scary again which will just be slow to anyone over 13 and not much fun.

If people love the old ones so bad, as I do too, then go play them. I play the Gamecube remake on Wii still and even RE0. I can go back to them for nostalgic purposes but it's not that fun to back track through a whole game finding keys and solving "puzzles" like pushing some boxes around.

I think the perfect RE would be dark and moody, have action then slow a bit then more fast paced again. Have RE6 controls, better aiming, and maybe random enemies so you never know if dogs are gonna bust outta the windows this time or not. Also, I love zombies but the freaks in 6 are crazy. Why not have both? And also have co-op but when playing alone take away the AI partner or have 2 stories, one alone, one co-op. But keep 6's HUD and options. I love turning off the HUD and getting immersed like a movie.

Wow. I wrote way to much. Just think this game is better than ok, and people should realize we aren't going back to finding keys and backtracking or just fighting slow zombies we can't see due to system limitations again. We did that. For years. As we grow up, so must our games, sorry. As my good friend Eddie screams, "IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!"

Didn't post read this so save your grammar lessons for elsewhere. Also I haven't really read a valid complaint against this yet, just people saying it sucks. Why? Also don't see why 5 got such great ratings when this is better in most every way and has a ton of more content. I love how each RE is different after 3. Not one for CoD or Sports games that stay 99% the same year in and out.

Also, since many of my friends play CoD 24/7 I don't have many to play this with so if anyone feels like I do about this game please hit me up. My GT is Col NELSON

Later guys and gals.
#12Sweetwater95(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:09:49 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think ill have to pick this up since there's so much content in it with the multiple campaigns and whatnot. Was wondering is mercenaries still on it? That would be sweet. And I'm gonna play a lot of co-op when I get it so that's a plus. Thank you all.
---
---
Currently playing Hitman HD Trilogy: Because new games are too mainstream.
#13Sweetwater95(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:21:22 PM
Also, without spoilers, how's the story? Good I hope
---
---
#14MeagamasterPosted 2/17/2013 5:28:27 PM
IMHO story is very weak. It is a decent concept to have 4 interlocking story's but the problem is that there is not build up to the events surrounding the game they quite literaly drop you in the middle of everything. Dont get me wrong I like it when a game tells me "OK here's the World. GO!" But for a series that a history and a lot of build up it just did not work at all.

Also It tends to throw big moments away. For Example

* Some what spoilers ahead Nothing too deep but heads up*

When Leon and Chris meet which should have been a major build up was just popped out of nowhere. During early segments of the game its like these two characters have no connection whatsoever and then out of the blue its just Surprise now they met. and they go on their merry way. IMO It would have worked much better if the diolouge during earlier segments referenced to each other in some way but no. For such a big moment it was pulled off very poorly and felt weak.

*End Spoilers*

Don't get me wrong the story has its moments and was enjoyable to play with friends but as a whole felt unsatisfying story wise. Acting was good though so its got that going for it.

For the best experience I would just avoid Chris's campaign. It just shows how desperate Capcom was to include him in a new title after his main conflict has basically been resolved.
---
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#15Dark_SpiretPosted 2/17/2013 6:14:09 PM
mercs is still in and better than ever. When it comes to the story its not going to be great just just like all RE stories. However i did like the out of order way they tell it even if i does come off as messy. Its characterizations are the best the series has ever had(thats not saying much) with a few genuinely good story moments. VA is also the best its ever been.

all that said, dont expect much from its story, just like all RE's.
#16MeagamasterPosted 2/17/2013 6:43:11 PM
^ True the story in the entire series is not up to par with more recent IP's but still this a low for even Resident evil and that is saying something
---
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#17RKO_ViperPosted 2/17/2013 6:50:57 PM
I bought this back in December and I'm just now getting around to playing it.

Wish I would of started it sooner because its actually pretty fun, and there's more jump scares in the first part of Leon's campaign than the entirety of Dead Space 3. Which is good.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#18Sweetwater95(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:30:07 PM
I know there's lots of content, but how many hours would u estimate would take upon completion? You guys have all been great help just letting you know. :-)
---
---
#19ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/17/2013 11:43:50 PM
Sweetwater95 posted...
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think ill have to pick this up since there's so much content in it with the multiple campaigns and whatnot. Was wondering is mercenaries still on it? That would be sweet. And I'm gonna play a lot of co-op when I get it so that's a plus. Thank you all.
---

If you are into Mercenaries, you should wait for the PC version, it will include an exclusive mode called Mercenaries "No Mercy", which much like it's predecessor (PC RE5) seems to increase the amount of enemies from 150 to 400. A trailer is already available for watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWNRRrkeL2A
#20Dark_SpiretPosted 2/18/2013 2:08:45 AM(edited)
Sweetwater95 posted...
I know there's lots of content, but how many hours would u estimate would take upon completion? You guys have all been great help just letting you know. :-)
---
just the sp..between 20-30hours depending on the difficulty. to 100% it? 60+. If its an option id also recommend waiting on the pc version. itll have more content and the steam preorder bonuses right now include a free copy of RE5 and all the dlc so far for free.