The awful truth is that RE game style like classics will not sell these days.

#1Loki90Posted 2/19/2013 10:29:02 AM
Im sorry but is the awful truth.

People want games more like Re1,2,3,Remake, Zero and Veronica but these types of games want sell as much as games like RE5.

Not trying to arguer about which game is better. Is just old style RE games dont impress kids today.

People today dont want to wait. And old games you have to actually think, use your brain. So games like RE5 (which I love completely) is easier and more fun cause you just fight the things.

Many of my friends never played classics RE games and they really dont want to.

Capcom knows that. So thats the main reason RE will never be like Re1,2,3,Remake, Zero, Veronica ever again.

The closest thing of a classic RE game is Revelations.

So just get it through your head and stop asking for you cant have.
#2sniperfox29Posted 2/19/2013 11:33:30 AM
Who are you to tell us what people want?

How many people did you ask for this conclusion?

Companies spend millions researching what people want and do not want? Did you spend this?

Or is it a case that you do not want a return to those games, and therefore you assume nobody does.
---
I'm back, and worse than ever.
GT - Sniperfox29
#3hehe101Posted 2/19/2013 11:41:32 AM
Thank you, finally someone gets it. Capcom don't make these games to piss people off! They make them because they sell, and if people don't like that, then stop and play you're old dated games, and yes I do like the old games.
#4zenandiPosted 2/19/2013 11:52:14 AM
You don't necessarily have to do classic style to embrace the ideals of the original games.

Dead Space STILL somehow manages to pull it off... and I hate the increased action in 3... -_-;
#5t7uyheoidfPosted 2/19/2013 12:27:38 PM
hehe101 posted...
Thank you, finally someone gets it. Capcom don't make these games to piss people off! They make them because they sell, and if people don't like that, then stop and play you're old dated games, and yes I do like the old games.

i agree with you.
#6ResidentialEvilPosted 2/19/2013 12:33:05 PM
sniperfox29 posted...
Who are you to tell us what people want?

How many people did you ask for this conclusion?

Companies spend millions researching what people want and do not want? Did you spend this?

Or is it a case that you do not want a return to those games, and therefore you assume nobody does.

Capcom spends millions, and they went away from the classic style, so that should tell you your answer.

The fact is they changed after the subpar reviews and reaction to RE Zero. They go with the more action games because they sold. RE4 was a huge hit, and RE5 did very well. The good news for the more horror fans is that RE6 didn't sell nearly as well as they thought, so it will likely force them to change.

I love the old RE games but the fact is they were going out of style. I do believe Capcom can keep the 3rd person viewpoint/controls and make it scary.
---
Currently Playing: Various Resident Evil games waiting for RE6
#7chretien123Posted 2/19/2013 12:45:30 PM
Never is a very long time. Certainly one of the reasons Capcom betrayed Shinji Mikami's vision for the game was the argument that action/adventure would garner more sales than classic horror games. In terms of short term they succeeded, in terms of long term they failed miserably.

I found this site to add more thought to the debate
http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/classic-vs-modern-resident-evil/

The fun cartoon in the beginning really does spell out the differences. In RE 0-3 you had to think to battle zombies, in RE5 and 6 there is no thinking and thats not Resident Evil. The truth is that classic horror games could sale and do quite well with the right backing, thought and marketing put into it. It depends on what you want your product to be. Mikami wanted a quality, classic horror, and stimulating series to capture the imagination and it worked brilliantly. This RE5 and 6 are a different product and if you think there successful then ask yourself why are they in series discussions about rebooting the series.

And yes, the consumers decide the outcome. If they keep buying garbage then they'll get more garbage. If they don't, as they clearly didn't in resident evil 6, then it forces Capcom to find another product or go back to something that works.
#8t7uyheoidfPosted 2/19/2013 12:51:12 PM
oh one more thing i'm not gonna diss co-op. however resident evil was so good because if you died you died if you ran out of ammo it was only you and you're knife that was it you couldn't be saved. you were alone and i think that they should add bigger bosses with VERY limited space to move. the other re games i remember were like that. maybe they should give the player the choice to play without an AI or something.
#9sadiq2010Posted 2/19/2013 1:31:03 PM
Loki90

are you crazy?

i do not care what the kids think.

what i think, is what i want.
#10Dave_GahanPosted 2/19/2013 6:13:36 PM
LOL this game didnt even sell well so...
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)