You guys were right, Resident Evils 6 is...

#31SolidStryderPosted 3/12/2013 8:57:52 AM
Cosmic Mayhem posted...
Dave_Gahan posted...
TC literally enjoys garbage LMAO

You're pathetic.

pa·thet·ic

Adjective

1.Arousing pity, esp. through vulnerability or sadness.
2.Miserably inadequate.

That loser still posts here? I guess mommy hasn't bought him anything else to play lmao
#32vagamesPosted 3/12/2013 9:11:15 AM
All I can say is that I had to fight my way through this game. As a long-time fan of Resident Evil since it's inception so many years ago, I felt obligated to see my way to the end of this game. Until the moment I got it and started playing it for myself, I was extremely excited for this game, and followed it very closely until it came out.

After just two chapters of Leon's story, which was the first one we tried, I found myself stripped of willingness to finish the game. I loved Resident Evils 4 and 5; I thought they were amazing games (Not quite good Resident Evil games, but absolutely amazing games on their own) and I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into each. I went into 6 expecting more of the same, and while I appreciated some of the changes to mechanics, most of the changes were for the worse.

I'm hoping things get better for the future of Resident Evil; Regardless of Resident Evil 6's failure, I will be first in line to buy Resident Evil 7. If that one sucks like Resident Evil 6 did, then I will have to reassess my faith in Capcom, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#33MeagamasterPosted 3/13/2013 2:33:51 AM
vagames posted...
All I can say is that I had to fight my way through this game. As a long-time fan of Resident Evil since it's inception so many years ago, I felt obligated to see my way to the end of this game. Until the moment I got it and started playing it for myself, I was extremely excited for this game, and followed it very closely until it came out.

After just two chapters of Leon's story, which was the first one we tried, I found myself stripped of willingness to finish the game. I loved Resident Evils 4 and 5; I thought they were amazing games (Not quite good Resident Evil games, but absolutely amazing games on their own) and I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into each. I went into 6 expecting more of the same, and while I appreciated some of the changes to mechanics, most of the changes were for the worse.

I'm hoping things get better for the future of Resident Evil; Regardless of Resident Evil 6's failure, I will be first in line to buy Resident Evil 7. If that one sucks like Resident Evil 6 did, then I will have to reassess my faith in Capcom, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

This

While I disagree with you saying 4 (and parts of 5) where not good resident evil games.

The biggest problem this game had was story. Now I know that resident evil's story is not deep or complex but they were decent for the medium. If anything the story was always simplistic, which does not make a games story bad (Mario, zelda, RE4) This games story was just bad all around though.

Basicaly they were attempting to milk Chris for all his worth, after his overarching conflict was resolved. that and the new characters were bland (Helena was interesting.) It also throws away moments that the series fans have been waiting to see in game for a long time.

/ Small part of larger rant
---
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#34vagamesPosted 3/13/2013 6:49:41 AM
Meagamaster posted...
vagames posted...

This

While I disagree with you saying 4 (and parts of 5) where not good resident evil games.

The biggest problem this game had was story. Now I know that resident evil's story is not deep or complex but they were decent for the medium. If anything the story was always simplistic, which does not make a games story bad (Mario, zelda, RE4) This games story was just bad all around though.

Basicaly they were attempting to milk Chris for all his worth, after his overarching conflict was resolved. that and the new characters were bland (Helena was interesting.) It also throws away moments that the series fans have been waiting to see in game for a long time.

/ Small part of larger rant

I mean that 4 and 5 were not good Resident Evil games because Resident Evil is, or was survival horror. At 4 and later, they shifted away from survival horror in favor of more action. Their desires were clearest with Operation Racoon City. They want to make Resident Evil: Gears of Modern Black Ops, and I for one say this is not okay.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#35MeagamasterPosted 3/15/2013 1:07:28 PM
vagames posted...
Meagamaster posted...
vagames posted...

I mean that 4 and 5 were not good Resident Evil games because Resident Evil is, or was survival horror. At 4 and later, they shifted away from survival horror in favor of more action. Their desires were clearest with Operation Racoon City. They want to make Resident Evil: Gears of Modern Black Ops, and I for one say this is not okay.

I understand that, however I think it was an interesting choice with those games.

With the majority of zombie games they all revolve around a end of the world scenario. Now that does not mean I dont like games like that ( Left 4 dead ect,) but you have got to admit is is the "Go to" story for games with zombies.

Where Resident Evil 4 (and to a smaller extent 5) broke that mold is that they made the world "survive" if that makes sense. Instead of all things going straight to hell we got smart about what it was we were facing and we took action against it. We established organization specifically to combat these threats, so a step toward a more action oriented game would make sense for this world.

However these are just my opinions and I can understand why you would dislike those games. But I also agree that ORC and 6 just pushed that limit, not to mention 6 was practically grasping for straws in terms of story.
---
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#36Andrew21044Posted 3/15/2013 9:22:57 PM
vagames posted...
and was so over-the-top that I had to constantly stop and look at the ground just to regain my composure.

This mad me laugh harder than I should have.

I mean, one of the characters survives a major car wreck, a bus accident that ejects him from the vehicle and throws him off a cliff, a helicopter crash, and a dozen other accidents because EVERY VEHICLE EXPLODES.

Leon is a boss..that's how he was able to survive.
---
This is endorsed and loved by Tony Stewart.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#37JwahahaPosted 3/15/2013 11:38:48 PM
Playing RE6 is the equivalent of strangling yourself. Why play RE6 when you can strangle yourself...anywhere and anytime? A lot more convenient!

Like on the bus, I had this sudden urge to play RE6. So I whipped out my belt, looped it over my neck and started yanking. Woooweeeee! RE6 rocks!
#38OmegaPillowPosted 3/16/2013 3:08:08 AM
Gameplay and story sucked r I p resident evil
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#39teehee23(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:17:57 AM
We completed all campaigns again last night and it was most wonderful.
Capcom truly shows the industry that they are the bestest creating survival horror and have perfected it.
So much fun and scary at the same time.

Resident Evils 6.... we hug it!
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...