why is this game unplayable...

#1MrRoamPosted 2/25/2013 10:16:42 PM
I think it's the way the story is broken down..but for some reason this game is very unplayable for me...it's hard to get involved...Am I the only one that feels this way?
---
Mave
#2Dark__ThronePosted 2/25/2013 10:31:40 PM
The game was very uninteresting to me as well. There was nothing wrong with the story, but the chapters dragged on too long. They shouldn't have broken them up better like in RE5. It felt like the game forced too many cinematics that feel like something out of Call of Duty or Uncharted or anything other than a Resident Evil game.

Plus the vehicle segments were rather poor and the skill system was no where near as awesome as the weapon upgrading from the previous RE games. The bosses were also way too long. It got incredibly tedious having to fight the final boss in Leon's campaign about 10 times.

And it's annoying how the camera constantly jerks around and the cover system sucks.

And I personally hated Jake. He kinda sucked in my opinion.
#3MrRoam(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:33:14 AM
I payed 20 dollars and I find myself forcing myself to play just to at least get the achievements.
---
Mave
#4Cosmic MayhemPosted 2/26/2013 9:48:09 AM
You guys are entitled to your opinion. At least you gave reasons as to why you don't like it that much. I respect that.

I can also agree with some of your points. But at the same time I love the game.
---
Hold your fire! Hold your fire! It's only a squirrel. He's got something in his hand! -\o_o/-
#5sinyxPosted 2/26/2013 11:56:39 AM
Play mercenaries, lots of fun and chaotic as all hell. For me most of the games lacked after 3. I didn't find 4 to be that awe inspiring, it just wasn't that impressive to me. I like 4 and played it but 2 and 3 remain my favorite. I think the action turn helped keep the series playable in a story that ended well before 4, right around Resident Evil Survivor. Really it wasn't even scary in Code Veronica and by 3 we knew that zombies and mutants were the enemies, and I thought this game did a decent job at trying to give everybody something in this game, For the RE 2 and 3 fans we get Leon, for the 4 and 5 fans we get Chris, to mesh them we get Jake. Plus it all melds together for one story.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#6Mariofan15Posted 2/26/2013 3:08:58 PM
How is the game unplayable? Sure,the story isnt the best but that is no reason to say the game is unplayable.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#7Dave_GahanPosted 2/26/2013 6:26:12 PM
I agree. The game is pretty unplayable.
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#8SquallLuvsL4PPosted 2/28/2013 10:06:41 AM
The game is perfectly playable. The story just sucked =\
---
This post is made of 100% REAL CHEESE
Care to take a bite? Number of bites: 21
#9Triple-SwingPosted 2/28/2013 1:07:32 PM
I beat the game on veteran, then I beat chris' story on professional, then he game became too boring to continue.

Which was a shame because it was a lot of fun at first.
---
"Capcom should just fire themselves so they can stop ruining their franchises." -Dark__Throne
#10musikx00xguruPosted 2/28/2013 2:32:32 PM
i can't believe people think this game is "unplayable". One of the best recent games IMO. And the extra content modes are great, specially mercenaries and predator.
---
"It's not a question of can or can't. There are somethings you just have to do."
GT: xXxBLaCkSnoWx13