Secret Attacks, Moves and Abilities

#11ILuvKnivesPosted 3/15/2013 5:56:23 PM
- Holding the [A] button while being knocked back by an enemy will help you land on your hands & feet right away so you're not just laying flat on your back upon landing.

- Leon has the 5-hit quick shot combo w/ his Wing Shooter on dual mode

- Helena has the 3-hit quick shot combo w/ her Hydra

- Against the dynamite zombies in the mining stage, doing a quick shot will prompt your character to shove the dynamite in the zombie's mouth

- Against the knife-wielding standard J'avos, I often shoot one 3 - 4x w/ a regular pistol. With [Power Counter] equipped, my character can counterkill his stab and add 10 secs. to the time

- Counterattacks:
* Against grasshopper J'avos: if you successfully grab one leg while he's trying to kick you, you'll grab it and spin your whole body downwards, dragging him down w/ you (really cool animation)
* Against shielded J'avos: I've only countered one shoulder charge attack once - I think my character jumped behind him, grabbed the shield, and shoulder tackled the J'avo w/ it. LOL
* Against spider J'avos: If you catch them while they try to leap at you, your character will do a flying back suplex
#12ILuvKnivesPosted 3/15/2013 6:03:52 PM
- Against the spitting lizard hidden boss, there's also a 3-hit combo prompt you can do after stunning it w/ a flash grenade or a slide. The 1st two button presses are always the same whereas the 3rd button press can be two different prompts.

- If a female character successfully counters a Napad's running tackle, they'll do an overhead vault flip. I think for the guys, don't they just grab that annoying armored P.O.S. and knee its stomach? Not sure about the guys' counterattack.
#13F150IIPosted 3/15/2013 9:20:23 PM
One thing that cannot be said about this game is that it doesn't have gameplay depth. I didn't know about ANY of these.
---
@TechnicalColor - posting everyday
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDoublePlayGuys/featured - creators of the double play
#14JwahahaPosted 3/15/2013 10:42:57 PM
You can beat any and all QTEs by unplugging your console power cord from the outlet.
#15Viral56Posted 3/16/2013 12:35:05 AM
F150II posted...
One thing that cannot be said about this game is that it doesn't have gameplay depth. I didn't know about ANY of these.

I learned many of these just by toying around with it and learning all the neat tricks. I actually liked how they didnt just hold your hand and tell you everything. Discovery is a pretty sweet thing, yo

- While firing a sniper rifle that is bolt action (or the Anti Material Rifle) after every round, you can quickly duck and skip the bolting animation, its much quicker than pulling the bolt after every shot.
---
GT: MobiusC
-Possibly one of the most patient dudes on earth...
#16Triple-SwingPosted 3/16/2013 3:23:07 AM
Malinthebeast posted...

Dual wielding Wing Shooter allows you do two quick shots in a row

You mean five.
---
"Capcom should just fire themselves so they can stop ruining their franchises." -Dark__Throne
#17PoopMasterGoetzPosted 3/16/2013 5:00:09 AM
Viral56 posted...
F150II posted...

I learned many of these just by toying around with it and learning all the neat tricks. I actually liked how they didnt just hold your hand and tell you everything. Discovery is a pretty sweet thing, yo

- While firing a sniper rifle that is bolt action (or the Anti Material Rifle) after every round, you can quickly duck and skip the bolting animation, its much quicker than pulling the bolt after every shot.

This applies to any weapon. You can fire and then immediately cancel the animation in a number of ways. You can rapid-fire a shotgun, magnum, or sniper fastest by firing, quickly switching to a different weapon and back, and firing again. Shotguns are basically god mode with this trick.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#18Viral56Posted 3/17/2013 8:05:09 PM
ILuvKnives posted...
- Holding the [A] button while being knocked back by an enemy will help you land on your hands & feet right away so you're not just laying flat on your back upon landing.

- Leon has the 5-hit quick shot combo w/ his Wing Shooter on dual mode

- Helena has the 3-hit quick shot combo w/ her Hydra

- Against the dynamite zombies in the mining stage, doing a quick shot will prompt your character to shove the dynamite in the zombie's mouth

- Against the knife-wielding standard J'avos, I often shoot one 3 - 4x w/ a regular pistol. With [Power Counter] equipped, my character can counterkill his stab and add 10 secs. to the time

- Counterattacks:
* Against grasshopper J'avos: if you successfully grab one leg while he's trying to kick you, you'll grab it and spin your whole body downwards, dragging him down w/ you (really cool animation)
* Against shielded J'avos: I've only countered one shoulder charge attack once - I think my character jumped behind him, grabbed the shield, and shoulder tackled the J'avo w/ it. LOL
* Against spider J'avos: If you catch them while they try to leap at you, your character will do a flying back suplex

If it werent for you, i would not have figured that those exist, thank you! :D

-When crawling (on hands and knees) you can roll sideways by tapping left/right plus A
---
#19Viral56Posted 3/17/2013 9:17:25 PM
Referring to the Counterattacks
my bad
---
#20sidebeardPosted 3/18/2013 3:49:22 AM
I never knew about the walking backwards one, that is awesome. I must try stabbing with the knife too. Great finds!
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'