Secret Attacks, Moves and Abilities

#21Triple-SwingPosted 3/18/2013 5:27:40 AM
I really hate the combat knife's slash dodge. it gets me killed in survivors everytime I do it.
---
"Capcom should just fire themselves so they can stop ruining their franchises." -Dark__Throne
#22Viral56Posted 3/20/2013 12:52:57 AM
*More Counterattacks*
-Against the J'avo with the large arms, when you counter while they are swinging downward, your character will grab the arm, kick it, snap it off and ram it into the back of their heads.

-Against the Shielded J'avo, when they are about to also swing their shield downward, if you counter that, your character will hop back, run up the shield and SOCCER KICK THEM IN THE FACE! (really fun to watch)

I found these out due to sheer curiosity, and holy crap this game delivers more than what we know
---
GT: MobiusC
-Possibly one of the most patient dudes on earth...
#23ILuvKnivesPosted 3/20/2013 1:02:38 PM
Viral56 posted...
*More Counterattacks*
-Against the J'avo with the large arms, when you counter while they are swinging downward, your character will grab the arm, kick it, snap it off and ram it into the back of their heads.

-Against the Shielded J'avo, when they are about to also swing their shield downward, if you counter that, your character will hop back, run up the shield and SOCCER KICK THEM IN THE FACE! (really fun to watch)

I found these out due to sheer curiosity, and holy crap this game delivers more than what we know

^^ Yeah, the shielded J'avo counterkill was the one I was talking about that I did once. It was pretty cool too! Heh heh.

You can plant a land mine bomb while sliding and detonate it while you're on your back. I remember having to do the "landmine slide" between two Whoppers in Rooftop Mission a few times!

Jake's Hand-to-Hand Melee:

- He can do a backflip dodge or a side roll after the first hit (Cobra Strike) or while he's charging towards the target. The backflip dodge is handy against the "creampuff potato worm" J'avos after knocking them back w/ the Cobra Strike. The side rolls are useful against the grasshopper J'avos if they jump towards you while you're charging.

- I'm not exactly sure about the aerial backflip kick that Jake does, but don't you press Up + A or something? I know he'll do this automatically when he targets a flying winged J'avo.

Backwards Elbow CDG set-up:

- Great against J'avos since they hardly grab you unlike zombies
- Words great against the "pincher heads" since they can take a lot of damage before dying
- Not recommended against zombies who display a grabbing animation or steel-legged J'avos (at least not as an initial attack)
- This works great for default Chris if you wanna keep doing his Throat Slit (<= Sheva flashback!) while in his Survival Knife mode

Sliding towards a cover will automatically make your character duck behind it. This is useful while confronting the rocket launcher J'avos in High Seas Fortress and Requiem for War.
#24Viral56Posted 3/25/2013 3:26:25 AM
You can counterattack the flying j'avo. when theyre about to grab you, youll grab them instead, kick them in the back of the head and stun them

from there, you can melee them to drop them to the ground, and then melee again to pull their wings off

Brutality, hell yeah
---
#25jpv2000Posted 3/25/2013 6:13:21 AM
Viral56 posted...
You can counterattack the flying j'avo. when theyre about to grab you, youll grab them instead, kick them in the back of the head and stun them

from there, you can melee them to drop them to the ground, and then melee again to pull their wings off

Brutality, hell yeah

I did this one by accident the other day. Very cool.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#26Viral56Posted 3/25/2013 5:52:58 PM
jpv2000 posted...
Viral56 posted...

Brutality, hell yeah

I did this one by accident the other day. Very cool.

Many of the really cool ones i found by accident as well, this game's got a plethora of pretty neat moves.

BTW, nice sig. Redfield is the man :)
---
#27jpv2000Posted 3/26/2013 5:59:48 AM
Viral56 posted...

Thanks. He is indeed. He's my favorite video game character, and has been since I first played RE back in 1996.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#28Viral56Posted 3/26/2013 11:18:24 AM
jpv2000 posted...
Viral56 posted...

Thanks. He is indeed. He's my favorite video game character, and has been since I first played RE back in 1996.

Same for me, i cant see why he's gotten some flak, i mean the dude is more than likely fending off PTSD after everything, yet still kicking ass.

- When an enemy leaps at you, you dont have to stand right in front of it to Counter, you can stand a bit to the side so that in the event that you miss your timing, the enemy will fly past you without you taking any damage.

this works especially well for taking down a Blood Shot
---
#29ILuvKnivesPosted 3/26/2013 11:37:43 AM
For the leaping zombies, I find it easier to counter them while I'm running (not sprinting) towards them. That way, I can anticipate that moment when they leap since they'll only run forward for a little bit (about 3-4 steps give or take) before taking off. The prompt is pretty trick so if it's too hard, either run to the side like what Viral 56 said or even easier, QUICK SHOT or slide.
#30Viral56Posted 3/27/2013 1:00:34 AM
ILuvKnives posted...
For the leaping zombies, I find it easier to counter them while I'm running (not sprinting) towards them. That way, I can anticipate that moment when they leap since they'll only run forward for a little bit (about 3-4 steps give or take) before taking off. The prompt is pretty trick so if it's too hard, either run to the side like what Viral 56 said or even easier, QUICK SHOT or slide.

Yeah for some reason i found running into them gave me a better hint of when to counter.
If there is room, dodging to the side is probably the best course of action if countering is too tricky (which it can be for leapers), if there isnt, then sliding works too, sometimes the quickshot didnt stop them and i got gnawed on soon after, that was just for me though maybe my own timing was off
---