My thoughts on Single Player so far.

#1DangerZone723Posted 3/9/2013 7:08:39 PM
I just began playing and after some initial issues, I'm starting to come around to this game more. I'm 3/5ths of the way through Leon's campaign and I'm definitely getting the new gameplay mechanics down.

I really like how the first couple chapters are (light) homages to Leon's earlier games. Plus, the graphics are just fantastic.

In vague terms, how are the other campaigns compared to Leon's? Better, worse? Roughly the same?
---
You guys don't know Grand Funk? The wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drum work of Don Brewer?
#2LerdothoughtPosted 3/9/2013 8:30:00 PM
playing chapter 3 of Chris campaign right now, and i tell you...it's pure action, you just keeping moving and shooting all the time, chapter 2 is chaotic, itīs a mix of Call of Duty, Gears of War, Medal of Honor and Godzilla
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 3/9/2013 10:18:39 PM
it depends on what youre expecting. Ada's is similar in atmosphere to leons only you dont have as many annoying elements and theres more puzzles involved, Leons campaign (imo) was the worst designed despite its look. The others lack that atmosphere and go for a more action oriented route(chris and to a lesser extent jake) however there campaigns are more consistent. You dont have cheap deaths, an insane abundance of qtes(for the most part, atleast for chris'), tripping over bodies crap, enemies who you have to wait for there animations to synch up, bosses that lack direction of what to do(youll see) or a camera that likes to take control away from you often allowing the enemies a free hit.

For those reasons i still think chris' was best campaign(and thats not including his story which i also felt was the best). i still really liked leons though and there is something to be said for its "feel".
#4DangerZone723(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 5:49:27 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
it depends on what youre expecting. Ada's is similar in atmosphere to leons only you dont have as many annoying elements and theres more puzzles involved, Leons campaign (imo) was the worst designed despite its look. The others lack that atmosphere and go for a more action oriented route(chris and to a lesser extent jake) however there campaigns are more consistent. You dont have cheap deaths, an insane abundance of qtes(for the most part, atleast for chris'), tripping over bodies crap, enemies who you have to wait for there animations to synch up, bosses that lack direction of what to do(youll see) or a camera that likes to take control away from you often allowing the enemies a free hit.

For those reasons i still think chris' was best campaign(and thats not including his story which i also felt was the best). i still really liked leons though and there is something to be said for its "feel".

Wow, you described almost all the issues I've had with the game so far... and yet I'm still enjoying myself.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the campaigns now. Cheers, dude.
---
You guys don't know Grand Funk? The wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drum work of Don Brewer?
#5LerdothoughtPosted 3/11/2013 10:48:42 AM
just finished Chris campaign and i'm tired...Leon's campaign was very fun but Chris campaign is very tiresome, and the final boss was madly annoying, took me a long time and many, many deaths to figured out how to kill the bastard, right now i'm fed up with RE6, will play the others campaigns another time...
#6tristin809Posted 3/15/2013 5:07:09 AM
To me, Ada's, then Jake's, then Leon's, and then Chris'. Jake's campaign is just really fun, and I'm going through it right now with my friend on professional and I'm having a lot of fun. But Ada's has puzzle, and her catacombs level has this really cool feel.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)