The Mystery Behind Ada Wong......Spoilers.

#11shagohad3Posted 4/6/2013 11:13:28 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Ada needs to go away. Her story and character peaked in 2 and now she;s just the token spy.

You need to go away. Ada is awesome.

No shes' not, she's not even an interesting character anymore. They just use her to fill the token spy role.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#12PoopMasterGoetzPosted 4/7/2013 10:47:34 AM
brunbbmerc posted...
capcom has no ideas and is just always doing the same thing with her and never explaining it

Exactly this. The Resident Evil series will probably never culminate or climax. The closest it did to that was killing off Wesker. And you know, that may have been a good stopping point. The only transitional plot points in 6 were the introduction of Wesker's son (which pretty much went nowhere; they didn't do anything with it) and bringing an apocalyptic biohazard outbreak to the global stage. Otherwise, the game had a new virus, new villains, new fictional cities within real countries, new everything that all came and went within one game. Most of 6's content was entirely isolated from the previous installments and will probably remain that way with future installments.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#13TopdrunkeePosted 4/12/2013 10:09:55 AM(edited)
Nah, Ada was fine (both in terms of looks & character arc.) as is during RE4. The problem is that she never developed past RE4.
Ada & Leon's story should've ended at RE4. (Or in Ada's case, RE5 the game where Wesker played a central role.)
It's hilarious how in RE6, both her & Leon are most likely in their 40s but they still act like some goddamn highschool crushes who sometimes pass by each other through College campus hallways just to have a little moment with each other before they go their own way.

That Ada LOLmance Crap is hilarious due to the game's context. They're both super secret agents fighting off zombies but they still handle their relationship with each other the same way a college student would.

brunbbmerc posted...

capcom has no ideas and is just always doing the same thing with her and never explaining it

That seems to be the problem with all Japanese games. As much as I can't stand Western game writing (Which I find to be equally as atrocious as Jap story telling.)
Western games at least try to self contain all story arcs into trilogies before moving on to another segment of the universe.
Japanese games constantly milk the series dry until nobody wants it anymore, leaving the game to end on a huge cliffhanger.

The Suikoden series is the most obvious example. The sad part is that the original Suiko writer originally tried to end the series by the 4rth installment. He quit after Suiko 3 and then Konami made their own Suiko 4 which is just as directionless as Resident Evil 6.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic
#14Safer_777Posted 4/16/2013 6:10:15 AM
Leon is 36 and Ada is 39.Yeah I find it strange that even at this age they act like this but hey.There is not much to explain about Ada,she is spy and she works for any person that pays her.That is.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#15kenneth_velezPosted 4/16/2013 11:45:36 AM
Ever notice how Ada Wong sounds like River Song. . . And Raymond in Revelations looks like a Ginger 11th Doctor.

Ada was a nice Addition in RE4, but made more sense to be in this game; if you buy into that Carla plot they did.

One big Family Reunion, Chris got one in 5 (Wesker and Jill [Kirk maybe]) it was time for Leon to have one with Sherry and Ada.

He was almost a Jill Sandwich.
#16PoopMasterGoetzPosted 4/17/2013 10:36:28 AM
But not Claire. Trololo
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname