Why Didn't People Like This Game?

#31JwahahaPosted 3/23/2013 4:14:07 PM
Frigging terrible game. No replay value because the game is so linear and scripted you're forced to gag yourself having to sit through all of those unskippable and repetitive nonsense.

There is no point in running through the game multiple times. Unlike the previous games, Crapcom actually put in extra content so another play through was actually enjoyable. RE5 had tons of guns, costumes, and special unlocks making replay worthwhile.

Worst offender of all that RE6 made? You only get one RPG in RE6, and it's SCRIPTED!

I will never preorder or buy a full priced Crapcom title again. I've been burned with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Resident Evil 6. Never again!
#32Psycko101Posted 3/23/2013 9:29:21 PM
IamBobNewbie posted...
.....My personal GOTY of 2012.

Really??wow...
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#33shinra35800Posted 3/24/2013 11:50:43 AM(edited)
In reality, the only thing wrong with this game is that the character is on a side of the screen instead of in the middle and that you have to control the camera alot. Shooting kneecaps is not as effective anymore either. Other than those, this game is awesome.
#34ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 3/24/2013 6:25:28 PM
IamBobNewbie posted...
My personal GOTY of 2012.

I also gave RE6 an award:

"Biggest Disappointment of 2012!"

Leaving aside whether it is a good or bad action game, without doubt it is a bad RE game.

But most importantly, it isn't the the 7 millions sales masterpiece for every RE fan that Capcom invested so much personnel and resources into. Even Capcom felt disappointed with RE6's failure.
#35ServarePosted 3/24/2013 9:18:04 PM
Brink won my "Biggest Disappointment" award.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#36NJWrasslerPosted 3/25/2013 6:42:46 PM
I just started playing this today, and I am already aggravated. This game is just throwing achievements at me, I don't feel like I did anything at all. I might as well have gotten one for pushing the start button when prompted to in the beginning.

The cover system is just bad.The menu that pops up when I hit select just makes me want to throw the controller like when I was five years old.

And yet they made it so pretty to look at.WTF went wrong here?
---
I'm here to cut tails and chew snakebee larva, and I'm all out of snakebee larva.
#37Dave_GahanPosted 3/25/2013 7:26:34 PM
The real question is, what is there to like about this game?
---
SAVAGE LIFE
HOUSTON TEXANS: WE DA BEST
#38ZeratulthekingPosted 3/27/2013 12:56:07 PM
The menu for selecting guns went from a very easy process of changing guns to a line system that loops around, forcing you to click over 5 times just to find something. If a menu in game is supposed to not pause the action and let you switch guns, it shouldn't feel clunky to do so.

The QTEs are by far the worst offender in that you do one for ANY action outside of just walking. I mean intro level do we really need 3 button presses just to open something up? Com'on it just gets worse from there that you have to hit a button each time to switch across a rope. Yes QTE have been in the game for awhile but not to this extent.

I feel like I am a lot weaker in this instance in general, the fact that the player gets knocked down so much more easily and takes so much longer to stand up than any RE. The fact that you don't have any real gun upgrades at all, and forced to use a particular one after a certain point. I remember in every single RE before this I could use the starting pistol all game if I wanted and it wouldn't care as I could put other guns away as needed. Now I am forced to have any gun with me always taking up my inventory with no place to put it, otherwise I lose it if I drop it.

The skill system is just flawed in general and feels like it is trying to be like the perk system of COD with being able to pick skills. Not to say that other games don't use perks it is just the most well known for it.

Then there is the need to grind just to get skills. You get barely any money in the game except for a few chapters and mercenaries. Previous games you didn't need to grind and could stay current on upgrades as you progressed unless you bought EVERYTHING. Now you have to grind just to get anything that is worth it. And once you do its not like you even get that big of an increase.

Infinite ammo reloading that you didn't have to do w/ older games that had infinite ammo. Why have infinite ammo if you have to reload every other shot w/ the best shotgun anyways? It defeats the purpose of it, as you never run out of that ammo anyways.

I could go on but it was just a travesty of a game and I can't bring myself to play it with how clunky it feels. I've gone back to previous installments and been fine, pre-RE4 and CV, if you can't manage how to shoot then move you have no clue how to play a game in general. It is a mechanic the game has and if you need to move around because you can't move in time that is your fault.
#39veralecePosted 3/27/2013 1:07:17 PM(edited)
Jwahaha posted...
Frigging terrible game. No replay value because the game is so linear and scripted you're forced to gag yourself having to sit through all of those unskippable and repetitive nonsense.

There is no point in running through the game multiple times. Unlike the previous games, Crapcom actually put in extra content so another play through was actually enjoyable. RE5 had tons of guns, costumes, and special unlocks making replay worthwhile.

Worst offender of all that RE6 made? You only get one RPG in RE6, and it's SCRIPTED!

I will never preorder or buy a full priced Crapcom title again. I've been burned with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Resident Evil 6. Never again!

No replay value, really?

Iv'e finished one campaign so far and it took me 8 hours. There are four campaigns, and I plan to play through all four as each character.

Then there's all the other modes, like mercenaries which I spent a lot of time playing in RE4 and 5.

No replay value, compared to what? What games are you playing? Iv'e played single player campaigns that were only six hours long before, RE6 offers a lot of content.
#40Dave_GahanPosted 3/27/2013 5:24:41 PM
Quality > quantity.

No one wants to play 30 hours of bulls***
---
SAVAGE LIFE
HOUSTON TEXANS: WE DA BEST