Why Didn't People Like This Game?

#41Noraneko_VelPosted 3/28/2013 12:06:07 AM
Quality > quantity.

No one wants to play 30 hours of bulls***

THIS.
I can imagine myself replaying Ada's and Leon's campaigns, but...
But Chris / Jake? No f***ing way will I ever suffer through that crap again
---
I prefer game characters because they never betray you. And have you ever betrayed a game character?
Have you ever fallen for a different girl?
#42ServarePosted 3/28/2013 5:28:35 PM
Noraneko_Vel posted...
Quality > quantity.

No one wants to play 30 hours of bulls***

THIS.
I can imagine myself replaying Ada's and Leon's campaigns, but...
But Chris / Jake? No f***ing way will I ever suffer through that crap again

+1
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#43BlueJester007Posted 3/28/2013 9:21:45 PM
veralece posted...
No replay value, really?

Iv'e finished one campaign so far and it took me 8 hours. There are four campaigns, and I plan to play through all four as each character.

Then there's all the other modes, like mercenaries which I spent a lot of time playing in RE4 and 5.

No replay value, compared to what? What games are you playing? Iv'e played single player campaigns that were only six hours long before, RE6 offers a lot of content.

-No unlockable costumes for the campaign
-No weapon selection
-No customization of weapons
-No treasure to collect

There is no reason to replay the campaign unless you are going for certain achievements.

Mercenaries is the only other mode in the game. The others you have to pay extra for.

Man, in RE5, not only did we get all those features listed above, but we also got a version of Mercenaries where each character had their own loadouts and melee moves. In RE6, no character feels unique. There's only two loadouts despite the 4 different costumes for each.
---
Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely.
#44ZeratulthekingPosted 3/29/2013 5:49:24 AM
veralece posted...
Jwahaha posted...
Frigging terrible game. No replay value because the game is so linear and scripted you're forced to gag yourself having to sit through all of those unskippable and repetitive nonsense.

There is no point in running through the game multiple times. Unlike the previous games, Crapcom actually put in extra content so another play through was actually enjoyable. RE5 had tons of guns, costumes, and special unlocks making replay worthwhile.

Worst offender of all that RE6 made? You only get one RPG in RE6, and it's SCRIPTED!

I will never preorder or buy a full priced Crapcom title again. I've been burned with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Resident Evil 6. Never again!

No replay value, really?

Iv'e finished one campaign so far and it took me 8 hours. There are four campaigns, and I plan to play through all four as each character.

Then there's all the other modes, like mercenaries which I spent a lot of time playing in RE4 and 5.

No replay value, compared to what? What games are you playing? Iv'e played single player campaigns that were only six hours long before, RE6 offers a lot of content.

I think you misunderstand replay value and different modes to play. Replay is playing the same area again and again. The campaigns here are completely seperate and all of them aren't that interesting to play either.

The amount of time played on a game does not make it a good game. Ever play Portal? that is one of the most innovative and great puzzle games made and it is only about a 3-4 hour game at best if you take your time. Forcing extra time because you have to walk through an area instead of run because it is scripted or you have to wait until someone finishes talking to advance does not mean it is the same amount of good quality time used.
#45blazinapplePosted 3/29/2013 1:53:31 PM
veralece posted...
Jwahaha posted...
Frigging terrible game. No replay value because the game is so linear and scripted you're forced to gag yourself having to sit through all of those unskippable and repetitive nonsense.

There is no point in running through the game multiple times. Unlike the previous games, Crapcom actually put in extra content so another play through was actually enjoyable. RE5 had tons of guns, costumes, and special unlocks making replay worthwhile.

Worst offender of all that RE6 made? You only get one RPG in RE6, and it's SCRIPTED!

I will never preorder or buy a full priced Crapcom title again. I've been burned with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Resident Evil 6. Never again!

No replay value, really?

absolutely no replay value when you finish campaign... only thing you might go back for is getting achievements.

reasons why i think there is no replay value

- no gun unlocks
- no costume unlocks
- no treasure
- no gun upgrades
- forced camera angles (after beating norm. & pro. i couldnt handle it anymore)
- must pay $$$ for other modes
- too many campaign chars. (focus on only two and bring the rest in while progressing through the game, through cutscenes & other various ways)
- no modes that change the color or tone like in RE5
- agent mode is terrible, loved the idea of it, but it just doesnt feel fun even after making ppl fail.

and a few other things that i feel give this game no replay value...put over 100 hrs in re4 & re5 and it never felt like a chore.... put 50+ hrs in re6 and it felt like a 100 yr war.

mercs. might be the only good thing about the game besides me enjoying the ability to walk backwards & shoot. wish i could of done that in the 1st RE.

total soul crushing disappointment with this game.

i also hope they never add that skill system back, sooooooooooooo useless. there are only like 6 skills someone might use besides inf. ammo.
---
vote for pedro
#46foodeater4Posted 3/29/2013 4:58:29 PM(edited)
I dont understand it either TC. With all the negativity surrounding this game, it turned out to be one of the most pleasant suprises for me. Just goes to show listening to reviewers and other people is just wrong. At some point you gotta try for yourself.

To me RE hasnt been survival horror since RE4 came out. I am totally over that argument. I also loved RE5.

RE6 was just a great TPS against zombies and other monsters. It had its share of creepy enviornemnts and regular ones.

Just cause a game was surival horror in 1994 or whenver RE1 came out, doesnt mean mean almost 20 years later the game has to be follwoing the same formula

But yaeh the campaigns where great. It was kinda neat having the 4 different campaigns instead of one long one. Sometimes shooter campaigns can get boring if there to long.

The biggest thing tha cracks me up is the complaints about QTE's. RE5 had more QTE then this game!! So thats evne more of a lol at that posters comment saying how hated RE5 at first and now its being praised. RE5's QTE's where way worse, and RE4.

OVerall though, I am RE fan, I cant wait for the Revelations to hit consoles in MAy and I'll be picking up RE7 too next gen or whatever it comes out on. The only way I'll stop playiing RE is if they stopped having zombies and monsters in it, or they have a string of really horrid games like Final Fantasy as of late.
#47BlueJester007Posted 3/29/2013 5:25:56 PM
blazinapple posted...
absolutely no replay value when you finish campaign... only thing you might go back for is getting achievements.

- no gun unlocks
- no costume unlocks
- no treasure
- no gun upgrades
- too many campaign chars. (focus on only two and bring the rest in while progressing through the game, through cutscenes & other various ways)
- agent mode is terrible, loved the idea of it, but it just doesnt feel fun even after making ppl fail.

and a few other things that i feel give this game no replay value...put over 100 hrs in re4 & re5 and it never felt like a chore.... put 50+ hrs in re6 and it felt like a 100 yr war.

mercs. might be the only good thing about the game besides me enjoying the ability to walk backwards & shoot. wish i could of done that in the 1st RE.

i also hope they never add that skill system back, sooooooooooooo useless. there are only like 6 skills someone might use besides inf. ammo.

You might as well have just copy pasted my post.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#48blazinapplePosted 3/29/2013 5:30:56 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
blazinapple posted...

- no gun unlocks
- no costume unlocks
- no treasure
- no gun upgrades

You might as well have just copy pasted my post.

so true, it wasnt even on my mind.
---
vote for pedro
#49BlueJester007Posted 3/29/2013 5:39:11 PM(edited)
foodeater4 posted...
Just cause a game was surival horror in 1994 or whenver RE1 came out, doesnt mean mean almost 20 years later the game has to be follwoing the same formula

That's not the other side's argument. Have you been reading some of the more recent posts in this thread? The game is not being called bad because "it's not like the older games". It's more about the game itself and what problems it has. The most prominent one being replayability.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#50dvd682Posted 3/30/2013 12:06:48 PM
Hell, It's not just the fans that thought the game sucked. Capcom pretty much came out and said it sucked.

Their mistake was thinking "hey, western gamers really seem to love love shooters like Call of Duty & Gears of War. So, if we put in a a half-assed cover mechanic, along with inferior and inaccurate shooting based gameplay, we'll sell millions.

And to top it all off, one of the other retaded developers must have said, "Oh, and let's not forget how much westerners love co-op. And since we all remember how everyone loved having a friend or AI controlled partner with you the whole game, like in RE:5, made the game even more super duper scary than playing it alone like in RE:4."

Everyone knows that the more friendly AI companions you have while playing a horror game, the more frighting a game becomes.