Why Didn't People Like This Game?

#51Coryo61827Posted 4/13/2013 3:14:53 PM
http://youtu.be/x0E_ZFD0O-c

This says it all.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#52Safer_777Posted 4/13/2013 6:58:00 PM
I liked the game.Don't know what people except.You know that if it didn't had the RE name everyone would said that the game is really good?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#53Earthbound_XPosted 4/13/2013 7:12:05 PM(edited)
I don't think it's that people didn't like it, it's just that the people who don't like it, screamed the loudest.

Think about it, people who don't like the game, aren't playing it, so they have more time to come to forums and such, to say they don't like it. But people who do like it, are just playing it, so they don't feel the need to come to a message board or whatever to say they enjoy it.

We all know people are much more likely to complain, then to say they like something.

Though clearly this is the most polarizing game in the series. I'm liking it so far, just started the game though, in Chapter 1 of Leon's Campaign, going in the order they are in.

What were/are the sales numbers?
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
http://backloggery.com/Earthbound_X
#54WhiteBaitKentPosted 4/13/2013 9:44:42 PM
Lovin' this game, started on Veteran and turned off the HUD displays, much better IMO.
---
If you enjoy games with up to 16 people beating the crap out of each other in crazy, stylish CQC combat. ANARCHY REIGNS.
#55Bs-KILLPosted 4/14/2013 6:40:21 AM
Earthbound_X posted...
I don't think it's that people didn't like it, it's just that the people who don't like it, screamed the loudest.

Think about it, people who don't like the game, aren't playing it, so they have more time to come to forums and such, to say they don't like it. But people who do like it, are just playing it, so they don't feel the need to come to a message board or whatever to say they enjoy it.

Definitely this. As far as I know most of these haters aren't even playing/tried it. Also some people hate it because others hate it. they just ride with the haters. well.... HATERS GONNA HATE. Theres nothing we can do if their head thinks like that. As for RE6 this might be the best RE for me for this gen. its much better than RE4/RE5 IMO. well that's just me though.
---
RE playing : MGR(360), PS all stars(PSV), MK(PSV), AC3:LIB(PSV), Skyrim(360), RE6(360)
NEXT target: ACIV(360), Soul Sacrifice(PSV), Castlevania: LoS2 (360)
#56Earthbound_XPosted 4/14/2013 7:42:05 PM
Bs-KILL posted...
Earthbound_X posted...

Definitely this. As far as I know most of these haters aren't even playing/tried it. Also some people hate it because others hate it. they just ride with the haters. well.... HATERS GONNA HATE. Theres nothing we can do if their head thinks like that. As for RE6 this might be the best RE for me for this gen. its much better than RE4/RE5 IMO. well that's just me though.

I don't think I'd say it's better then RE4, that's still a masterpiece, I am enjoying RE6 so far though.
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
http://backloggery.com/Earthbound_X
#57Bs-KILLPosted 4/14/2013 7:58:23 PM
Earthbound_X posted...
Bs-KILL posted...
Earthbound_X posted...

I don't think I'd say it's better then RE4, that's still a masterpiece, I am enjoying RE6 so far though.

well, yeah you didnt said it. but that's just me though on enjoying RE6 more than RE4/RE5.. RE3 is still the best of all time for me.. and yeah I agree on everything what you said about people hating it for that reason.
---
REplaying = RE6(360), MGR(360), PSABR(PSV), MK(PSV), DMC4(360), MGSHD(PSV), RE2/3(PSV'PS1)
NEXT target = RE:R(360), SS(PSV), C: LoS2(360), AC4(360), KZ:M(PSV)
#58jelashPosted 4/16/2013 12:18:37 PM
@Bs-KILL
OK, but... you are aware that some people actually PLAYED the game and didn't like it for a couple of reasons?
Yes, the game is long... it's definitely the longest Resident Evil game. But that doesn't mean it's good.

I got it last week. I... I don't know if I'm a Resident Evil fan, but I played and finished the following titles: RE1 (original), RE1 (remake), RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE Zero, RE Dead Aim. IMHO, RE5 was the weakest, but I would still give it 8/10 (which probably tells how much I like the series). I just couldn't finish Code Veronica, nor I can't finish RE6. Beat Ada's scenario, it was terrible, now I'm at chapter 3 of Leon's scenario and it's even worse IMHO.

There are way too many things I don't like in RE6, but I'm not in the mood to write them all down. And... there is no point. I don't like it; you, on the other hand, you love it so enjoy in it.

I prefer old school RE games, but I have no objections on action RE either - as long as they're good. One thing I hate the most is the new breed of super smart and super flexible zombies. Yes, the the one with red eyes in remake were awesome, but this... Zombie pulls the lever, zombie runs through the door... I mean, what the ****? Mark my words, in RE7 zombies will shoot the main character (probably Leon, lol) with rocket launcher instead of good ol' go-for-the-brain tactics seen in every zombie game/movie/series/whatever.
---
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)
#59kenneth_velezPosted 4/16/2013 2:35:28 PM
jelash posted...
@Bs-KILL
OK, but... you are aware that some people actually PLAYED the game and didn't like it for a couple of reasons?
Yes, the game is long... it's definitely the longest Resident Evil game. But that doesn't mean it's good.

I got it last week. I... I don't know if I'm a Resident Evil fan, but I played and finished the following titles: RE1 (original), RE1 (remake), RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE Zero, RE Dead Aim. IMHO, RE5 was the weakest, but I would still give it 8/10 (which probably tells how much I like the series). I just couldn't finish Code Veronica, nor I can't finish RE6. Beat Ada's scenario, it was terrible, now I'm at chapter 3 of Leon's scenario and it's even worse IMHO.

There are way too many things I don't like in RE6, but I'm not in the mood to write them all down. And... there is no point. I don't like it; you, on the other hand, you love it so enjoy in it.

I prefer old school RE games, but I have no objections on action RE either - as long as they're good. One thing I hate the most is the new breed of super smart and super flexible zombies. Yes, the the one with red eyes in remake were awesome, but this... Zombie pulls the lever, zombie runs through the door... I mean, what the ****? Mark my words, in RE7 zombies will shoot the main character (probably Leon, lol) with rocket launcher instead of good ol' go-for-the-brain tactics seen in every zombie game/movie/series/whatever.

The series already has "zombie" types (like in the film Cat People) that fire Rocket Launchers like the Manji, Ganado, and J'avo.

I like the C virus Zombies, they only occasionally leap at you otherwise they react like you think a zombie should. That being said I think the Crimson Heads from Remake are a lot scarier than the Bloodshot from this game.

Ada's story felt like a weak spy mission that tied everything together. Leon's felt like a half hearted attempt at RE4 style game play only without exploration. Chris's and Jakes aren't as bad as Leon's or Ada's, but the last stage is a PITA because of one sequence that feels broken.

RE Revelations was my favorite out of the games that came out Last year, it had atmosphere, the story (while linear) was a lot more fun, and raid mode was a blast to play. I do really enjoy Mercenaries for RE6 though, so much fun.
#60ValeriumPosted 4/16/2013 3:34:07 PM
I dont get it man...I really dont. I heard a LOT and I mean a LOT of complaining about this game before I bought it, after my friend convinced me to buy it, so we could co-op it, within hours I was thinking "What the hell is so bad about this game???"

I really enjoyed this game from start to finish, there were a few minor problems with the game, sure, but nothing so major that would make me say 2/10 or something dumb like that, and that is all i'm seeing.

Graphics seem fine, good length, good co-op, weapons do what you'd expect them to, constant change of scenery and enemies, I wasnt really missing anything.

Just about the only thing I think could have been done better is the skill system, a weapon select feature and perhaps less QTE, but none of these annoyed me to the point where I would want to actively whine about it like you people do.

There is indeed a massive bandwagon going on, its simply unbelievable.