Why Didn't People Like This Game?

#61WhiteBaitKentPosted 4/16/2013 6:32:38 PM
Valerium posted...
within hours I was thinking "What the hell is so bad about this game???"

My thoughts exactly. It definitely could've been better but it certainly isn't terrible.
---
shinkuu aruket
#62Bs-KILLPosted 4/16/2013 7:33:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#63Bs-KILLPosted 4/16/2013 7:38:41 PM
jelash posted...
@Bs-KILL
OK, but... you are aware that some people actually PLAYED the game and didn't like it for a couple of reasons?
Yes, the game is long... it's definitely the longest Resident Evil game. But that doesn't mean it's good.

I got it last week. I... I don't know if I'm a Resident Evil fan, but I played and finished the following titles: RE1 (original), RE1 (remake), RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE Zero, RE Dead Aim. IMHO, RE5 was the weakest, but I would still give it 8/10 (which probably tells how much I like the series). I just couldn't finish Code Veronica, nor I can't finish RE6. Beat Ada's scenario, it was terrible, now I'm at chapter 3 of Leon's scenario and it's even worse IMHO.

There are way too many things I don't like in RE6, but I'm not in the mood to write them all down. And... there is no point. I don't like it; you, on the other hand, you love it so enjoy in it.

I prefer old school RE games, but I have no objections on action RE either - as long as they're good. One thing I hate the most is the new breed of super smart and super flexible zombies. Yes, the the one with red eyes in remake were awesome, but this... Zombie pulls the lever, zombie runs through the door... I mean, what the ****? Mark my words, in RE7 zombies will shoot the main character (probably Leon, lol) with rocket launcher instead of good ol' go-for-the-brain tactics seen in every zombie game/movie/series/whatever.

Yeah even if you write it down there is no point as you said since we have our own opinions and can't force unto others. I just love every RE games though. as of now RE6 might be the best for me(thats just me) but the pre RE4(this is one is good to) games are the best of all time IMO. As i said maybe i just love every RE games. I'll just hope the bolded part on your post wont happen though. They already have the manji/javo/ganado/ use a rocket launcher. Im still gonna play/support it if that happens. Since im a hardcore fan on the series. Im always prepare for the changes.
---
REplaying = RE6(360), MGR(360), PSABR(PSV), MK(PSV), DMC4(360), MGSHD(PSV), RE2/3(PSV'PS1)
NEXT target = RE:R(360), SS(PSV), C: LoS2(360), AC4(360), KZ:M(PSV)
#64jelashPosted 4/16/2013 9:18:18 PM
@kenneth and Bs-KILL
Well, I'm glad that you didn't attacked me for not loving this game (haha).
Like I said, I won't complain... And believe me, I would love to enjoy this game (just as you do), especially since there is a co-op (which works perfect on my crappy internet connection). Yesterday, some guy joined me - I played as Leon, he was Helena. He was good; he actually pointed me to some blue emblems (and he had all achievements, which tells enough). But, when he saw me at work, he knew that playing with me was a waste o time LOL.

I don't know the situation here, on this board. Really. I saw 6, maybe 7 topics. But, if it's anything like DmC board, where those who like the game are constantly attacked and insulted by some so-called DMC fans, then I understand why this topic is created.
---
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)
#65Bs-KILLPosted 4/17/2013 12:19:05 AM
jelash posted...
@kenneth and Bs-KILL
Well, I'm glad that you didn't attacked me for not loving this game (haha).
Like I said, I won't complain... And believe me, I would love to enjoy this game (just as you do), especially since there is a co-op (which works perfect on my crappy internet connection). Yesterday, some guy joined me - I played as Leon, he was Helena. He was good; he actually pointed me to some blue emblems (and he had all achievements, which tells enough). But, when he saw me at work, he knew that playing with me was a waste o time LOL.

I don't know the situation here, on this board. Really. I saw 6, maybe 7 topics. But, if it's anything like DmC board, where those who like the game are constantly attacked and insulted by some so-called DMC fans, then I understand why this topic is created.

Well why would we attack you for not liking the game? I always respect someone's opinion. the only thing i dont like from other people is hating/bashing the game without/didnt even played/tried it. Some are only looking at the reviews and decide to hate the game base on its bad review without even trying it. Some are hating it because others hated it. others hate it because majority hates it. that;s what i dislike the most. as of you you played the game you didnt like it then that's a valid reason for not liking the game. therefore its your opinion and i respect that and I wont even try forcing you or others for liking the game. Others just simply hate it without even trying/because others said so which it sucks.
---
REplaying = RE6(360), MGR(360), PSABR(PSV), MK(PSV), DMC4(360), MGSHD(PSV), RE2/3(PSV'PS1)
NEXT target = RE:R(360), SS(PSV), C: LoS2(360), AC4(360), KZ:M(PSV)
#66A_PaddlePosted 4/18/2013 1:09:24 AM(edited)
Safer_777 posted...
I liked the game.Don't know what people except.You know that if it didn't had the RE name everyone would said that the game is really good?

I wouldn't even have bought it after playing the demo then. >_>
Chris and Jake routes were really awful, not just "awful for a Resident Evil game".

This game also has the most horrible multiplayer system I have seen in a shooter to date
---
Dislike. Hate. It hates humans. We'll get along.
#67kronos96Posted 4/18/2013 8:36:27 AM
It was a mess in the sense that it had no direction. No cohesion. The flying, the flashbacks, the 6 month gap, etc ...just breaks immersion. There's also the mindless action. The only mission i felt was done great was Leon's first one and half of the second one. The rest of the game is completely forgettable, except for a few moments here and there.

Next game i hope they get a clue a make a game based on Leon's first chapter. Make it feel like a journey. They can add action as long as the experience feels like a cohesive journey and not some pieces glued together like RE6 was.