Real talk, what was wrong with the original Resident Evils and RE4?

#1RiFF-RaFFPosted 3/18/2013 8:01:50 PM
Oh right, NOTHING.

Why couldn't Capcom make this game like those games? Is it too complex and hard for you new gamers? Why does Capcom feel the need to dumb this game down and make it so actiony. Are the casuals that like this game too dumb to play the old ones? Why did they stray so far away from what made Resident Evil Resident Evil?

This game was a huge letdown. I didn't wait 4 years for this bulls***. BRING THE OLD RE BACK. They don't even have to make it like the old ones; just make it like RE4, not like Gears of War.
---
RAP GAME CLAYGUIDA
http://imgur.com/Zd6LyYM.jpg
#2Dark__ThronePosted 3/19/2013 6:37:30 AM
In my opinion the classic Resident Evil games weren't outdated. They were just different gameplay styles.
#3GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/19/2013 7:34:09 AM
the change is great.
#4Damien 5000Posted 3/19/2013 3:13:31 PM
TC, your thread is a few months too late. At this rate, no one here really cares. Most of the people in your position stopped posting here because they realized there were better things to do than to complain about a game half a year old. Go play Slender or something. This game isn't terrible. It's not styled like the classics, but you're going to have to accept change. Or don't and complain to people.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#5alex91093Posted 3/19/2013 3:40:28 PM
Slender is a sad excuse for a horror game that only scared people who have never played horror games.
---
Xbox/PSN = alex91093 Youtube = AlexEqualsAwesome93 Tumblr = http://alex91093.tumblr.com/
Motto = I did it because it was funny
#6ServarePosted 3/19/2013 4:16:50 PM
There is plenty wrong with the originals.... in hindsight compared to the advance, modern games. In their time, they were fine and they worked.

RE4: controls could have been better (and 5 and especially 6 had made those improvements)

RE5: Didn't feel like an RE game. But it was fun and the customization was very nice.

RE6: definitely the worst script wise, but the best in controls and depth of game play. Unfortunately, the story and (most) characters are horrible.

RE Z-CV: dated controls, but still solid games. But they are not the mold every RE survival horror game should be fashioned to.

Honestly, in my opinion, the best "modern, RE" experience is the Nightmare DLC from 5. Slower, creepy, survival, and no Michael Bay sequences.

I'm excited to hear that Capcom has considered either rebooting the franchise or drastically changing the direction. It's time for them to make some changes.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#7Rob_IndahoodPosted 3/19/2013 5:03:15 PM
Resident Evil Revelations is probably the best example of how you could do a modern RE game, and I'm intrigued as to how they will update it for the consoles. The old games' outdated game design fundamentals need to stay in the past. Fight the Tyrant in the cargo end of the plane in RE:CV and tell me you want that experience back. That s*** was awful.
---
GT: Warhound07
#8teehee23Posted 3/19/2013 9:19:35 PM
Servare posted...

Honestly, in my opinion, the best "modern, RE" experience is the Nightmare DLC from 5. Slower, creepy, survival, and no Michael Bay sequences.

I'm excited to hear that Capcom has considered either rebooting the franchise or drastically changing the direction. It's time for them to make some changes.

Agreed.
The Lost in Nightmares dlc is magnificent and we have emailed the Capcom guys and requested them to make a full length game in that style.

Most of the hate towards RE5 and RE6 are from those that only owned the console that didn't get them.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...