Just got this

#1ray12aPosted 3/19/2013 2:01:37 AM
from gamefly. Gonna boot up the campaign and play for the first time. Should I solo my first playthrough(s)? If not, post your GT if you want to immerse yourself in RE6's plot.
---
GT: DEATHMETALGEAR / PSN: ray12a
#2GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/19/2013 7:41:21 AM
i like acting as a smarter ai when i join a player's game whom i suspect is a newbie to re6. if the player tells me to wait, i stay still and take cover or cover the player from there. lol.
it helps the player out more than the ai would in solo. plus, it's fun taking care of the new player.

i recommend going solo after getting the field medic command, if you find yourself being put into dying quite often. even without field medic, playing on solo is still a worthwhile experience. you should also play on normal or veteran, since amateur is a little too easy.

though the game was meant to be played with another player; at least i think it'll be more fun.
#3Noraneko_VelPosted 3/19/2013 10:10:41 AM
Just rush through it in Coop.
The gameplay is really terrible
---
http://i.imgur.com/OoAvWnw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zV5a6eB.jpg
#4GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/19/2013 11:32:16 AM
the gameplay is fine.
#5ray12a(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:08:29 AM(edited)
I talked my buddy into playing split screen with me on leon's campaign and I gotta say, it's been pretty cool. the config menus, both player options and game lobby are fully customizable yet simple (though the in-game menus are a clusterf***), the combat controls and mechanics feel nice and refined, and the guns (and melee attacks) feel like they have a purpose.

the story, despite all the disasters that have accumulated since the CV days, is fleshed out with just enough absurdity to convey feelings of tension or suspense without the game (or the established, canonical franchise as a whole) going too far up its own ass. granted, the helicopter, mine cart and airplane segments were all very lame, but I'll happily take those over chatty villain gymnastics and volcanic beatdowns. for the first time in a very long time, I feel like I care about the characters and more importantly, their presentation. for example, simmons reminded me of irving with a touch of birkin and their relevance to their respective games, only with a bit more credibility and class. I really enjoyed his sequence on the train.

on the otherhand, the split screen aspect ratios are awful, the game is a bit too dark (whatever happened to those nifty bluetooth flashlights?), and between the LB "waypoint" feature, hud icons, arsenal of weapons and customizable item drops, the game feels more like goldeneye or doom than resident evil --- the puzzles are dumb and there's no real challenge to anything outside of combat, which is further simplified by autosaves, checkpoints, full health continues, etc..

anyway, that's where we stopped for the night. having come to terms with capcom's self-destructive obsession with abandoning the survival horror genre in favor of a more "shoot em up" (marketable) action approach BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, I have to say, I've been enjoying the game so far. after leon's campaign, we're gonna try sherry's. here's hoping the remainder of the game is equally devoid volcanoes.
---
GT: DEATHMETALGEAR / PSN: ray12a