what determines points in predator?

#1GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 3/21/2013 11:52:51 PM
i'm really not sure how predator works.
i'll use default helena's assault rifle rn as an example.

without shooting wild: points earned is 210 per shot.
with shooting wild: 315. meaning shooting wild gives a 1.5x increase to points received on non-scope weapons (snipers and rocket launchers don't seem to get a point increase). points, in this sense, seem to be based off of how much damage the weapon deals numerically (there's a guide that states the rn deals 210 damage).

however, sometimes i get 312 points instead of 315. other times i get ~ 450+ (i think 478) per shot. what does this mean? is my firepower randomly increasing or decreasing?

also, what determines your end round bonus?
for example, what determines whether you get 10,000 points or 6,000 points after killing the ustanak? i know it can't be damage dealt to the ustanak because i've been idle through a whole round and have received 10,000 doing nothing. another time i've been idle i've gotten 4,000 points. i wasn't hit or put into dying during either round.

also, anyone know the math behind the seconds left bonus when having killed all the agents with time remaining?

just wondering if someone knows more than i do.
#2Nagasada_MoriPosted 3/22/2013 12:03:13 AM
Each shot depends on how much you damage him, and shooting certain areas of his body damage him more and give more points.

End of round bonus is different depending if you're dying, alive, or get the killing shot. I don't remember the specifics because it's been a while.
#3GiveMeSomeVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:14:48 AM
Nagasada_Mori posted...
Each shot depends on how much you damage him, and shooting certain areas of his body damage him more and give more points.

End of round bonus is different depending if you're dying, alive, or get the killing shot. I don't remember the specifics because it's been a while.

so how would this explain why i would get 10,000 points while being completely idle, and getting 4,000 also being idle with the same conditions?

i generally shoot the ustanak in the same area (torso), though points would apparently be dependent on the round (for example, the whole round i'd get 315 points per shot, then the next round would change to ~478).

i just don't understand this mode ._.
#4Nagasada_MoriPosted 3/22/2013 11:25:23 PM
Distance also counts with most weapons, where the farther you are the less damage you deal. (maybe not magnums or rifles)

I think I remember you get 10k if your alive at the end of the match, 40k in unstanak is defeated, and 80k if you get the finishing blow.

I could be wrong about all this, I haven't played this mode much in the past month or so...

And hey, I remember playing siege mode with you. You are much better than me and kicked my butt most the time. =P
#5GiveMeSomeVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:03:52 PM
Nagasada_Mori posted...
Distance also counts with most weapons, where the farther you are the less damage you deal. (maybe not magnums or rifles)

I think I remember you get 10k if your alive at the end of the match, 40k in unstanak is defeated, and 80k if you get the finishing blow.

I could be wrong about all this, I haven't played this mode much in the past month or so...

And hey, I remember playing siege mode with you. You are much better than me and kicked my butt most the time. =P

no, you get half of what you would've gotten if you had defeated the ustanak if you survived the round. for example, if you get 4,000 points by surviving the round, it means if you continued your progress and killed the ustanak, you would have gotten 8,000.

about the distance, i think that is also incorrect.

not trying to put you down for trying to answer my question.. just letting you know what's true and what isn't :) but it's ok, since you haven't played in a while.

oh! i'm sorry lol. yeah, i play siege very competitively for some reason.. <_< good games to you, too!!
#6PoopMasterGoetzPosted 3/25/2013 12:41:09 PM(edited)
The amount of points you get for your gun are indeed proportional to your damage output. The reason you sometimes do a little more or less damage is because there is a very slight damage modifier depending on how many players are in the game -- fewer agents fighting Ustanak means you deal more damage. For example, I believe Carla's rifle shots yield 414 points in a full six-player game, but they'll give 420 in a five-player game. Also, agents get a huge damage modifier (something like 1.5x) if a teammate drops out of the game. This was probably implemented to compensate for the advantage the Ustanak player gets over the Ustanaks of previous rounds by having one less player to kill.

Ustanak's arms and head also have damage modifiers. Shooting his metal arm, as you probably know, only deals maybe 10-20% of your normal damage output. Shooting his left arm seems to have something like a 1.25x damage modifier, similar to the boost you get from Preemptive Strike. Shooting his head does the most damage, which seems to be 1.5x, like Shooting Wild and Quick Shot Damage Increase.

Here's how the reward points for agents work at the end of a round: 1) If time runs out and neither side is finished off, all of the agents left "alive" (not on the ground dying) get 1000 points for every agent left standing. So if there are five agents still alive, they all get 5000 points. 2) If Ustanak is killed, that number is doubled, i.e. the living agents get 2000 for every person left standing, so five agents left standing would all get 10,000 points. 3) If you are in dying when the round ends, you get none of the bonus points I just explained. 4) The person who finishes off Ustanak gets 3000 points in addition to the bonus points he gets along with everyone else for surviving. (I believe it is 3000, since whenever I've killed Ustanak it says +3100 or something if I'm using a handgun, and it has said +4000-something if I finish him with a shotgun bullet. 3000 seems to be the amount added to the points awarded from the bullet itself.).

And finally, if Ustanak kills everybody, he gets 500 points for every second left. One minute remaining = 60 seconds = 30,000 points.

Edit: I'd also like to add that the amount of time agents are in dying changes slightly depending on the number of players, just like with bullet damage. My experience has told me that of you're in a full six-person game, it takes 50 seconds to a minute for the dying meter to fully fill up so you can get back up. This amount of time decreases pretty nicely with fewer players. I would guess from experience that it subtracts about ten seconds per player less, although I'm not positive in that. But it seems to me like if there are four agents, recovery time is about 40 seconds, or with three agents it's about 30. This is just some experienced estimating though.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#7GiveMeSomeVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:46:00 PM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
... experienced estimating though.

hmm.. i never thought about players dropping out.

i know shooting his metal arm gives you 25% because the mpaf gives 100 points per shot else where and 25 if shooting the arm.

one thing i can say you're incorrect or inaccurate about is the killing the ustanak bonus. i've gotten 10,000 points by being the last player standing in a 6 person game when a player kills the ustanak while in the dying status.

as helena, sometimes i get 312 or 315 points per shot with shooting wild, and this may be because i'm shooting the ustanak's legs instead of his torso. i never tried aiming for his head.

i think a lot of what you said is very informative. i may just test this out during a game, so thanks!
#8AdaSandwichPosted 3/25/2013 1:53:04 PM
You also must consider the fact that damage (or points per shot) is reduced if you shoot the Ustanak's claw or shotgun. So if you're shooting from a distance, chances are you accidentally shot his claw and are seeing the difference in points.

Helena's assault rifle if I recall has a lot of recoil as well.

The above poster pretty much covered everything. I saw that post where you asked if I was that user that was ranked high in re.net, and the answer is, yes :)
#9GiveMeSomeVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:09:37 PM
AdaSandwich posted...
The above poster pretty much covered everything. I saw that post where you asked if I was that user that was ranked high in re.net, and the answer is, yes :)

yeah he did, a lot of his information was quite useful!

watching a predator video now, he's right about nearly everything.
though i know for a fact i've never gotten 2,000 points at the end of a match if the ustanak died and all the other players were down.

in the predator video, a helena user received 252 points after someone left the game in a 6 man team, which is exactly a 20% increase.

interesting!

and good job on that top tank!
#10PoopMasterGoetzPosted 3/25/2013 2:35:14 PM
GiveMeSomeVodka posted...
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
... experienced estimating though.

hmm.. i never thought about players dropping out.

i know shooting his metal arm gives you 25% because the mpaf gives 100 points per shot else where and 25 if shooting the arm.

one thing i can say you're incorrect or inaccurate about is the killing the ustanak bonus. i've gotten 10,000 points by being the last player standing in a 6 person game when a player kills the ustanak while in the dying status.

Are you sure they were in dying and not just in red health? When someone has little health left their gamertag on the scoreboard turns red and their icon flashes. They're only actually dead if the symbol is X'd out or has the '[=]' symbol indicating Ustanak is holding them.

as helena, sometimes i get 312 or 315 points per shot with shooting wild, and this may be because i'm shooting the ustanak's legs instead of his torso. i never tried aiming for his head.

I'm pretty sure the legs don't have damage reduction. I think the 312 vs. 315 thing is like what I was talking about with Carla's rifle example where you do oh so slightly more damage the fewer the number of players there are in the game.

i think a lot of what you said is very informative. i may just test this out during a game, so thanks!

My pleasure. I've spent way too much time with this mode, lol. By the way, if your gamertag is the same as your GameFAQs user name, I've definitely played with you a few times before. :) My tag I'd Triple Escape.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname