With Jake's intro to RE6, will Capcom focus on him from here on out?

#1zaiwenPosted 3/22/2013 5:28:14 PM
As the RE storyline progresses both in story & timeline, meaning good old Chris & the rest of the cast grow older, does this mean the future of the RE series now rests on Jake's shoulders? i hope not considering playing Jake & his campaign didn't really had much impact for me, like i don't even give a damn about him. But he is a Wesker, what would a RE be without that name being mentioned.
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2RiFF-RaFFPosted 3/22/2013 7:17:19 PM
LETS HOPE NOT
---
RAP GAME CLAYGUIDA
http://imgur.com/Zd6LyYM.jpg
#3kronos96Posted 3/22/2013 7:55:30 PM
I hope not.
#4HeDannyPosted 3/22/2013 8:48:22 PM
I would not mind this at all. Jake / Sherry was my favorite campaign.
Some of my favorite Moments in the entire RE series happen during Jake / Sherry.

I was on a complete media blackout for this game. Finding out Jake's back story was a mind=blown sort of moment for me. Re-plays, seeing Chris' earlier interactions were a lot more telling. Jake was also the only character in Resident Evil, ever, to actually have any sort of properly developed character narrative and growth.

With that said, I have to add that I really, really want RE to step away from the Michael Bay stuff, and get back to the creepy, claustrophobic, trapped sort of stuff. I kinda love RE6, a bit, but I'd have loved it so much more if it was .. less.
---
So Sayeth the Mighty Cow Guru.
He who r0x0rz, mostest bovine.
#5Nagasada_MoriPosted 3/22/2013 10:17:51 PM
^ I agree with basically all of this.
#6Monticore_BitesPosted 3/23/2013 12:28:44 AM
You cannot say that Jake and Sherry was the best campaign. It is 1, completely different from the series as a whole, 2, the Ustanak was terrible and a travesty to be mentioned as a new Nemesis, 3, the campaign was unpolished, thrown together, and feels like tacked on DLC.

Let's be honest, the game as a whole offers many different features but Jake was a travesty. Leon was the most "traditional" and Chris was a newer addition with more of a Resident Evil 5 feel.

If the Jake storyline becomes the new franchise direction it is the worst direction for the series to take. Longtime fans desire a return to arms. I will not say 6 was a step in the wrong direction but the biggest misstep was the handling of Jake and Sherry's campaign.

Honestly Leon was the most nostalgic, Chris had the best story and character interaction/development, Ada was a blend of stealth and nostalgia, and Jake was out of place.

tl;dr Diehard fan, not against the game but not 100% for the direction taken. Jake campaign bad, all others good in certain way.
#7LatchKeyKidPosted 3/23/2013 3:52:55 AM
That's what it looks like they want to happen, but I still want Chris, Jill, and Claire (never liked Leon lol). Chris and Claire partnering up would be awesome. But Japanese developer and these guys are hitting their 40s....
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#8Nightbird_XPosted 3/23/2013 7:29:36 AM
Monticore_Bites posted...
You cannot say that Jake and Sherry was the best campaign. It is 1, completely different from the series as a whole, 2, the Ustanak was terrible and a travesty to be mentioned as a new Nemesis, 3, the campaign was unpolished, thrown together, and feels like tacked on DLC.

Let's be honest, the game as a whole offers many different features but Jake was a travesty. Leon was the most "traditional" and Chris was a newer addition with more of a Resident Evil 5 feel.

If the Jake storyline becomes the new franchise direction it is the worst direction for the series to take. Longtime fans desire a return to arms. I will not say 6 was a step in the wrong direction but the biggest misstep was the handling of Jake and Sherry's campaign.

Honestly Leon was the most nostalgic, Chris had the best story and character interaction/development, Ada was a blend of stealth and nostalgia, and Jake was out of place.

tl;dr Diehard fan, not against the game but not 100% for the direction taken. Jake campaign bad, all others good in certain way.

No one said it was the best, genius. The guy said it was his favorite; Who the hell are you to tell him he can't have an opinion (OBAMA IS THAT YOU???)?

Get off your high-horse and grow the hell up.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
#9Crimsin_GibletPosted 3/23/2013 7:29:43 AM
I have a feeling that if Chris is in the next game, he'll die.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10sinyxPosted 3/23/2013 2:32:51 PM
They should have just teamed Leon and Chris up for this game. Stop introducing characters just for one game like I care. Sheva was in 5 and nowhere to be seen here, instead we get Piers and we're all of a sudden supposed to be attached to this cookie cutter soldier character.

Ada was fine, 4 separate campaigns with a lame Nemesis knock off was just too much. If they felt the need to bring Jake in then they should have had him with Chris for obvious reasons. Then for Leon brought Claire back just for some service for the fans, not like that would have brought the game down any. Over all I feel if they just focused more on the 2 campaigns instead of 3 it wouldn't seem so disjointed. Leon and Claire fight through a campaign similar to the original 3 Resident Evils which at 7 hours would be more than enough considering the originals could be beat in 3. Chris and Jake are more like the current ones, but the action would make sense and developing the situation between the two would have been much better. Hell Chris could have gone off the radar to find him by going undercover due to the fact he got information about him so he posed as a mercenary to infiltrate the group. Leon and Clair meet in that town because Leon was there for the President so they decide to get together and boom Raccoon happens again. Way more palatable than Helena and her sister that, again, I have no attachment to, and we have a connection to Chris as well . The basic plot wouldn't have to have change, just certain scenarios. Maybe give Simmons more background and more influence rather than just a fill in, he was kind of like Excella. Here and dead for no reason.

Personally, they should never have killed Wesker. He was badass and there from the start, he would have made a great villain for this game. The action didn't ruin this game, too many new disposable characters, bad pacing and no plot focus did.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx