Series Boxset (Xbox 360)

#1ZombrexAbusePosted 3/27/2013 1:50:20 PM
Hi-I'm a relative newbie to Resi, but I quite like Dead Rising.
I remember the past games being quite well thought of, but look a little ropey nowadays. Anyway, I'm a little pissed off that you can't play these on 360, unlike PS3 (In America).
So, why don't Capcom release the following:

A Boxset consisting of
-Resident Evil Zero
-Resident Evil (Director's Cut)
-Resident Evil 2
-Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
-Resident Evil-Code Veronica X
All updated for 360, and possibly a HD version of RE4. Make it for PS3 AND XBOX 360, and in Japan, America AND Europe. Why should the rest of us miss out because we weren't old enough to play it in its heyday?

Any ideas anyone?
#2Mariofan15Posted 3/27/2013 6:49:44 PM(edited)
Zero is Nintendo exclusive and will never appear on any other consoles. Also,we allready have an HD version of RE 4.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#3Animaniac24Posted 3/28/2013 10:32:01 PM
If Im not mistaken, REmake is also Nintendo console exclusive.

Also, as well as Resi 4 there is a CVX HD remake available on xbox too.
#4Jamirus2Posted 3/29/2013 8:36:40 AM
In my opinion, they should do another Resident Evil Survivor game.

Actually, Scratch that.

If Capcom could release Outbreak File 1 and 2 on Xbox and PSN, I would be the happiest person ever.
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#5TVthePunisherPosted 3/29/2013 12:14:56 PM
RE1 (original and director's cut, NOT REmake) is not exclusive to any console. It's been multiplatform from the beginning, appearing across the Playstation, Sega Saturn, PC and eventually the Nintendo DS (as Deadly Silence).

The same goes for Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, however Resident Evil 2 received a Nintendo 64 release (only game in the series to do so, THOUGH RE0 was originally made as an N64 game before they moved it to Gamecube, completely REmaking the graphics they had done for the title), a Game.com release (also only game to ever do so), Dreamcast and Gamecube. Resident Evil 3 ended up with a Dreamcast and Gamecube release too, but no N64 or Game.com title.

Anyways, there's nothing binding RE1-RE3 to Sony, never was and never will be. REmake and RE0 are Nintendo-only, not sure if there's an expiration on how long they remain exclusive but...they did TECHNICALLY make it onto the PS3 (though only through Umbrella Chronicles, which turns both games into two individual "scenarios" that last maybe...2 hours max).

All that aside...I would love for a Series Boxset to arrive on Xbox 360, including RE1-RE6 (plus Code: Veronica). Though knowing Capcom...it would be mostly digital, with maybe only RE6 being physical...I'd much rather have physical copies of each game but psh...the PS2 and PS3 have had series Boxsets, at each 5 year anniversary to be exact.

Really...I just want RE1-RE3 on Xbox. Would be too good =) remade graphics would be spectacular as well. Survivor can come too but Gaiden can rot in hell.
---
I have never punched a beer in my life. That's alcohol abuse.
#6fires_trustPosted 3/29/2013 12:54:57 PM
Jamirus2 posted...
If Capcom could release Outbreak File 1 and 2 on Xbox and PSN, I would be the happiest person ever.

This. 100%.
---
XBL Gamertag : El LocoSmoko420
PSN Account : El_LocoSmoko420
#7_CaptainPrice_Posted 3/29/2013 6:27:53 PM
fires_trust posted...
Jamirus2 posted...

This. 100%.

This. 200%.
---
Where did you get your psychology degree, a Captain Crunch box? - xXHeH8MeXx
Currently Playing: RE6 and Gears Judgement
#8Incubus421Posted 4/6/2013 4:42:14 PM
Capcom needs to develop a game that reboots the series with:

Take the concept of ORC.

Totally start over with the main elements of RE6. Basic gameplay, improved, better melee. Something RE6 did that I really wish they did more of is, a few times we got the fixed-camera. Mostly, for a split second before we climbed down a ladder, and if you stopped, you could aim at the camera and shoot (it doesn't make bullet holes).

There should be distinct survival/exploring segments with the fixed camera. Aiming snaps to over-the-shoulder. Peppered in are action segments, polished to an RE5 shine, and we get the over-the-shoulder camera, and either a fantastic or non-existent cover system.

Bring back the classic "Fine-Caution-Danger" health system.

Co-op optional, like Dead Space 3. Sort of. Multiplayer mode that IS Outbreak, updated.

Like the newest Mortal Combat, combine the stories from 1-3. Make 2 Scenarios for each character than intertwine as well as they did in RE2. And can we FINALLY play as Barry?

Simple QTEs. And take how many were in RE6, and cut that in half. Then cut it in half again. When grabbed, classic button mash, instead of stick-destroying.

TL:DR
Take the best things from every RE and mush them together. There is a perfect RE game out there.
---
4 / / Itchy. Tasty.
#9shotgunheadshotPosted 4/6/2013 6:49:55 PM(edited)
_CaptainPrice_ posted...
fires_trust posted...
Jamirus2 posted...

This. 100%.

This. 200%.

Enjoy rushing through the games with that virus gauge bull crap. That completely ruined the fun in my opinion. Keep timers online, not in single player. I've tried many times and there's hardly time to enjoy outbreak with that broken flaw. Even if stop pick up pills it only stops it for 15 secs which is a joke. The game was miserable with that gauge

I would much rather see additional levels for single player in re6
#10ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 4/6/2013 8:17:21 PM
ZombrexAbuse posted...
Hi-I'm a relative newbie to Resi, but I quite like Dead Rising.
I remember the past games being quite well thought of, but look a little ropey nowadays. Anyway, I'm a little pissed off that you can't play these on 360, unlike PS3 (In America).
So, why don't Capcom release the following:

A Boxset consisting of
-Resident Evil Zero
-Resident Evil (Director's Cut)
-Resident Evil 2
-Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
-Resident Evil-Code Veronica X
All updated for 360, and possibly a HD version of RE4.
Make it for PS3 AND XBOX 360, and in Japan, America AND Europe. Why should the rest of us miss out because we weren't old enough to play it in its heyday?

Any ideas anyone?

Resident Evil : Code Veronica HD and RE4 HD are both available for download on the Xbox 360. They were released in North America when the Revival Selection Set (which consisted on HD versions of both games) came out in Japan:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/625527-resident-evil-code-veronica-x-hd/data
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/625523-resident-evil-4-hd/data
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/625525-biohazard-revival-selection/data

They were also included with the limited edition RE6 anthology set, released in North America:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/685552-resident-evil-6-archives/data

Both are great games, though I particularly recommend Code Veronica.